Running thread

running thread
what's a good 10K time?
I did it in 48 mins but it seems average as fuck

>implying anybody on this vietnamese fish fighting board works out

I don't understand, some people run so fast man. I aim for 10km/h and I dometimes strugle with it, but people I know with very bad stamina run 12k in 50 minutes and it baffles me

Sub 50 10k is good, obviously the faster you get after that the better

i do a sub 4min30sec pace when halfmarathon training, so i finish 10 km in under 45 min. it´s an okay time for hobby runners, but still nothing compared to serious runners

but how even do you get to progess?

get faster dummy!

Give me some context about your body, so I can feel less smug. Size, weight, how long have you been running?

Why are you worrying about time? Focus on form and increasing your aerobic threshold, and enjoyment of the run. Youll become faster without worrying about it.

5'11, 210 lbs. have been running for quite some years, ran a marathon 3.5 years ago. picked up running about four months ago, run approx once a week or more

It's a power to weight ratio. Get lighter or stronger. Squats, hill running, sprinting (intervals) will make you faster. This is true for marathons as well.

Lifter here, do you runners feel it hard to keep a balance between running and lifting, like its hard to make gains and get faster at the same time?

Yes. The summer I ran semi competitively I dropped an additional 10 pounds over my normal cut

its tough man, im starting to fall in love with running again, want to be fit in every way but not lose anything

this
I want both to be good at cardio / running and be swole... is such a thing even possible?

Anyone else get really mad when they see someoke running in front of them and will do anything to overtake them?

I do
it's litterally an evolution thing

the worst feeling for me is when the person in front of me is running ever so slightly slower than i am. there's really no good way to pass them. either i speed up just to pass them and fuck up the clean tempo of my run, or i pass them at a slow rate that takes a solid ten seconds of awkward next-to-eachotherness.

also, lol at those people who are running slow as fuck and then as soon as i pass them at a significantly faster pace, they speed up and try to hold on and repass me, only to start walking in like a 400 meters. it happens more often than you'd think, and with grown men much too old to excuse such childish behavior

kek

I need Nos

nobody with "very bad stamina" runs 12k in 50 minutes. you sound like one of those fatasses who sees those skinny dudes eating pizza and assumes they must have "very bad eating habits".

I run it in 38-39 and I'm pretty bad
My pals run the 10k in 30-33

it's a bad idea. the heavier you are, the worse running is for your joints. i'd recommend just sticking to one or the other. the only smart way to run while swole is like 3 miles max at 12min/mile pace. but if you want to be fast, you gotta become a scrawny mf

you part of a running club or something? who are these pals that run it in 30 minutes? D1 runners? because that's near professional level

Ah yes and they are all olympic atheletes

Professional? Nope
Just common athletes
One of them 17 years old running one single k in 2:34, wich is fast. In 10 k they run in 3:04 approx each 1000
They train everyday running long distances.
A lot of normal people run in that time. Not big deal. I'm just overweighted course of lifting, running is just for fun

Olympic athletes
30 min a 10000?
Please mate

28 minutes is the olympic qualifying time
Some regular normie doesnt run a 30

height/weight? 38/39 minute for 10k is quite fast, especially for someone who claims to be as slow as you do. and if your main focus is lifting, you must be talented as hell

very few normal people run 30-33 minute 10ks. then again, your friends trial every day so clearly they aren't "normal" people.

I run in a club
I'm one of the worst
My best 1000 is 2:51
I'm 5'10 and 170 lbs, but my best moment on running I was at 155 ( I putted weigh on, I'm slower)
The best one is about 5'7-5'8 and skinny. The secret is that, the weight.
Others with nice marks are also short and skinny. No arms, and strong but thin legs. No fat at all. Their physic is the one you won't have for you.
They are into athletism since little kids. And it's their passion.
Didn't know until now 30 min was that great. As I said before, lot of people are running in that time on popular races here. And yes, all small and skinny.

I'm not calling you a liar. especially if you're a part of a legit running club, i definitely believe you. 30minutes is great, but not professional level.

you have some really impressive times considering your build. i'm jealous. i'm 6'2" 155 and 100% committed to my running, and i'm still only slightly faster than you (~36 min 10k)

Some other are into this mountain racing thing.....last one was 107 k. That is awesome, not 10 k.
We used to run 13 k every two days. After that 400-800 meters series. Some other days series of 1000. the good ones at 3:00 each k, 6 times with 4 min of resting
I was running each k at 3:15 and that was hell, so I'm.not good at all.

hahah this is what happens when you join a running club. you get really fast and still have 0 confidence. just because you can't keep up with these near-professionals does not mean "you're not good at all"

And the you will see old mesein apparently no good shape running in very fast times.
With age you lose the speed, but stamina it seems to go better.
And there are talented people. There is a girl, about 38 yo, started running and she was pretty good. Train for some little time and no other woman beats her.
My trainer says I could be some good athlete, but I'm lazy and likes to be muscled, so.... I'm a waste