QTDDTOT

Old one will soon get reaped. I have two questions:

1) Doing 3 day TM routine. Does my new max weight used on day C, heavy day, become the weight I use for my lofts on volume day A the following week?

2) Who here knocking on Death's door on a large deficit? 750kcal deficit here. I think it's just right.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/texas-method
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>750kcal deficit here
why do you want to lose muscle unnecessarily?

During weighted sit-ups (SS) my body starts shaking when I'm close to parallel. How do I fix this?

No, because you'd kill yourself if you tried doing your 1x5 weight for 5x5 just 2 days later.
By doing it more and eating more. Muscle shakes usually occur when you're hypoglycemic or just weak.

Okay, thanks.

I'm 18% bf. Wouldn't exactly call that lean. When I hit 15% it's back to a -500kcal deficit

Anyone have a guide to cutting?

Like what routine to follow (intermediate), what to keep your macros at, etc?

I'm creating my own program after doing others for a while. Is 3 x 12 reps too little per exercise? Or should I bump it up to 5 x 12 reps?

Is 100 dollars a lot of money?

Obviously the answer is that it depends. Same thing with what you're asking.

is this the shitty /tv/ memes edition? if not i'm out.

So what weight is used for the following volume day? One that's just slightly higher than the previous weeks volume day?

It is. Welcome friend

OP here. Get your minimum protein and fat requirements and fill the rest with carbs. Stay in your caloric goal deficit of course. Texas method is pretty simplistic. I need to do more reading around it myself

Ideally you do 90% of your 5rm from intensity day for 5x5 on the following volume day. I found that hard to sustain eventually so I just go up on volume days incrementally from the volume day last week. This might be a helpful read t-nation.com/training/texas-method

fast intermittently

drink ALL the seltzer water when fasting.

try to eat at least 50g fiber every day (either fiber supplementation, or eat lots of vegetation)

eat .78g protein and .35g fats for every pound of bodyweight.

fill the rest of your calories with carbs... carbs are important too, don't overdo it on the protein and fats.

weighted sit ups are a meme.

push press is all you need for stronk and defined core musculature.

That makes more sense to be honest. What you do I mean. I think what's important is that you're still technically progressing. No matter how or when you do it. Thanks friend

you do not know enough to write a program.

please follow a proven novice routine, like SS or greyskull LP
>I think what's important is that you're still technically progressing
well.. you can "technically progress" without progressively overloading the muscles, which is the real key.

generally speaking, though, progressing in lifts is equated to progressively overloading the muscles

You guys take pictures post-workout or when you're rested?

Ah. I suppose the true key then is to increase weight to the point that it challenges the muscles without potentially sending you to snap city on each rep

Postin' question from old thread:

I'm fucking starving. And I don't mean just a bit hungry, my stomach aches from hunger pangs, my throat feels like I'm gonna be sick, wtf. I'm used to hunger but not this much.

Not even cutting that low (only 500 below maint). What do?

PS. "Capcha: select all food" FUUUCKKK

Is ULULxxx a good split for bulking? Will I get good results?

Morning before workout usually or before bed. Not directly after working out because I store water weight then and appear less lean

Get enough protein and what specifically helps me is eating tons of veg. Shit fills you up. I'm the OP. Cutting on an even greater deficit but I swear I'm stuffed right now.

Lots of veg
Lots of water
If it gets really bad diet soda helps. In those desperate cases. Also get your satiating fats. Other cutbros chime in if missing something or said something incorrect

Thanks bro. Trying to eat a lot of veggies, any recommendations?

I drink water like a fucking racehorse, pissing every 15-30 mins no joke

Np. My main go to meal is a bag of mixed veg (340g) dumped into a stir fry with minced turkey and onions. Sometimes garlic. Veg can be a pain in the ass to eat but what really helps and is the key is FLAVOR. Onions and garlic add to that. But it could be seasoning, sauce etc. Find a condiment you think you'll enjoy with your veg and they'll go down much easier and be more bearable and not be so much a chore. Lel I know that feel tbqh. Ive stopped drinking as much water as I should because of that haha.

OP, if you're cutting on TM, I strongly advise you to do 3x5 on volume days, and drop intensity days to 1x3, if you haven't already.

TM is just too much if you're cutting, especially if you're on a 750 kcal deficit.

Thanks man will try that.

Tough finding a toilet wherever I go lmao might stop drinking so much too.

Also shit you're doing TM too? I love that routine. What I do is 5x5 then 2x5 then 1x5, and do the most I can do for those with good form. Don't really pay attention to percentages and shit. I'm not expecting to go up too much while cutting, so I'll follow it more to plan once I'm done with the cut.

Thanks dude. What if I'm using dumbbells instead of barbells? (Don't ask, just my preference and only ultimately shooting for aesthetics). What rep ranges would you recommend for someone on my type of cut? I only plan to have this steep deficit until 14-15% bf and then return to a 500 one.

It's in your fucking head. People go for 24 hour fasts with little trouble and you think you can't even handle a 500 deficit?

I like doing back extensions before/during/after deadlifts.

Must I keep my back straight, or should I bend inwards at the bottom?

Yeah we're on the same wavelength. I expect that I'll be maintaining my lifts soon enough and not be able to go up anymore at all. Those percentages confuse the hell out of me too. In my head as long as I progressively overload, no matter how, ill still get my results. Esp with an on-point diet. Like you I will either stick to my TM once bulking, or change to one called generic bulking which is an upper lower type split. Supposed to be good. I'll add in my isolations too.

Yeah it seems to be, it's a bit better now. My mind was testing me. Fuck that lil bitch, I'ma hit a new low weigh in tomorrow.

Hit my macros but 300cal below daily goal. Is topping up with peanuts a good idea lads?

There are pros and cons. As long as you're just using your bodyweight there's no real risk from flexing the spine, and dynamic contractions (bending and stretching again) have been shown to be more effective for hypertrophy compared to just a static hold. So you could argue it's a good way to grow the erector spinae.

On the other hand you risk ingraining a motor pattern that might spill over to your deadlifts or other exercises where it's imperative that you keep a straight back. So unless you're pretty confident you can avoid this I wouldn't recommend it.

Aw man are you me?

Just make sure to not ego lift once your lifts stop going up or even get worse. Temptation will crawl in but don't do it.

Don't add in too many isolations, TM is taxing af. I just added in EZ curls, pull ups, and leg press.

Want to lift more days eventually so may switch to upper/lower too.

Ok, no, wait.

First, you didn't know the relationship between the weights on volume day and intensity day.
Then, you said you're cutting by 750 kcal.
Now you're saying you're using dumbbells AND that you're "shooting for aesthetics".

Are you sure you know what you're doing?
Even better: are you sure you know what you WANT TO do?

Reminder: TM is a program aimed at strength, not aesthetics.

Pic could be related, I don't even know what's going on.

On a similar note, how heavy do you guys go on back extensions? Saw a qt holding 55 lbs with full ROM the other day, felt weak lol

>On the other hand[...]

I guess it's fine as long as I keep an eye out for it, and consciously separate the two.

Hey Veeky Forums, I need some help. I got some teeth pulled a week ago and they gave me hydros for the pain, I didn't really need them but I kept taking them because they made me feel good. Anyways apparently hydros mess up your bowel movements so I was constipated for a day or two so I stopped taking them. I'm still having infrequent and watery shits and I've had no appetite for the past four or five days, how can I get over this? It's ruining my bulk.

I was recommended it by someone. Was I duped? Ok. I need to do my fucking homework. In the mean time, what routine would you do in my position ?

Btw I don't see any problems with my cutting calories. It's my understanding that the leaner you are, the more likely you are to lose muscle on a big deficit.

Dude, just fuck my shit up and set me straight if i'm straying from the true path.

Both of you should read up on TM, possibly Justin Lascek's book.
Usually, the weight you're using on volume day is 85-90% of last week's 5RM.
Sometimes, even that can be too much, and you have to drop weight, or sets, or both. Sometimes you increase the weight on intensity day, but don't do it on volume day. You will have to learn to listen to your body when making these decisions.

I could be ur doppelganger brah who knows. Yeah definitely. Ego lifting sounds like a good way to enter Valhalla

Tell me your weight, height, age, 5RM of squats/OHP/bench/deadlift.

Yeah thanks man I definitely will. But now I'm wondering if I have the wrong routine altogether..

dont waste your time on this 3 day TM nonsense. it's good for squats cause your hitting them each day but your upper body will whither away.

any advice on HIIT cardio? i cant get the hang of it. i can run at 100% for about 10 seconds, after that it gets slower and slower, no way i can go for 1 minute, and no way i can recover enough in 1 minute

66.2kg, 5'5, 22 and for the lifts just assume I've been messing around for quite some time and simply 'lifting heavy, increasing weight each session without specifically tracking those lifts'. Can I be helped?

I just do bodyweight, just to get the blood flowing.

Leave the heavy reps for actual deadlifts, I say.

Is there a Veeky Forums kik, Skype, or discord group?

No. I'd have to know what your lifts are.

All I can say based on the information I was given is you definitely should not be doing TM, especially if your goal is aesthetics.

yes

Cool!

Okay let's go by gym machines then. Roughly I could do 80kg on a chest press for reps. Leg press: 150 kg. Deadlift: ? Shoulder press: 45kgs

Whats the 2pl8 bench equivalent for dumbells? 35kgs or something?

What would TM have to do with aesthetics? The fuck, TM is going to build decent numbers for people that follow it and once you cut which is easy as fuck and maintain on 5/3/1 you can have your autismo shredded look.

What the fucking fuck is this, you're a beginner do starting strength and start doing some free weights.

I can do 102 3x2 on bench paused and I managed to do 35 kg dumbells for 8 it has to be more unless the pause plays a huge part.

So TM is good for cutting then? I'm so high right now. I have no idea what's going on

I just ate a fish bone. it was really well cooked and all the bones were really soft. Should I be worried?

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TM ON A DEFECIT ARE YOU LITERALLY RETARDED?

what is it brehs I'd love a Veeky Forums chat

TM can be done whilst cutting if you know what you are doing, I have maintained my lifts on TM (185 squat 202.5 DL 123 Bench)for 4 months whilst I was cutting about 5-6 kilos.
It can be done but you need to
1- Count macros
2- Time carbs around workouts
3- do a very low calorie decrease

Eitherway from the sounds of what you're saying you're not even lifting right now, machines don't count honestly so I wouldn't do a program like texas method and instead find a decent gym with barbells and do starting strength or some other novice program.

Hmm sounds close though
Somewhere between 35s and 40s then

>2- Time carbs around workouts

kek I do this even though I'm bulking. I find it impossible to squat at 90% unless I'm all full

TM is for when you're not a complete beginner and not able to make consistent strength gains 5x5 every workout. You're better off keeping it simple on SS or something as a beginner. And use barbells.

And this guy is right over here about TM and cutting. Did it myself, even made gains during cut. But you need a bit of experience to get it right. You sound like a complete beginner breh pls just stick to the basics for now.

For the love of god, man...
TM is an intermediate routine for people who are already more than familiar with the big four barbell exercises and want to increase strength.

I can't tell you what to do. You've no idea what you're doing, and I've no idea what you want to do.

I would just tell you to change to barbells, read SS for the technique and the sticky for diet and an aesthetics routine. Or look at the image I posted earlier: training.gif and choose one from there.

But you're not going to do that, so Imma just go ahead and tell you to stop everything you're doing and find a more productive use of your time.

I ate 2k calories per day for half a year, and i maybe dropped 1 kilo. Im 190 cm and weigh 90 kilos. What the fuck is going on?

For me it's such a fickle thing with squats and food, if I ate too much or to fullness I won't be able to place the belt well and i'll feel like shit so won't squat well if too hungry can't contract or maintain my breath for all my sets since I just keep thinking about eating.

Unless you are a 60 year old woman with hypothyrodism, you haven't been counting your calories right.

Now the good thing is though if you start counting cals , macros, cut out junk food and start eating lean and lifting you can fillout your 90 kg frame at 190 cm.

I don't use a belt that much. I've been lifting for two years but I can only do 2pl8s for a triple. I don't know when I should start using a belt.

>2 years
>100 for triple
What the fuck? I was on SS for 6 months and went down from 86 kgs to 72 kgs bodyweight and final squat was 110kg 3x5

Did you have injuries or something? Anyway I started using belt after I moved on to the texas method so around 110 kgs, currently can squat 185 with belt and 162 without. I mean I probably can squat 185 without but i'll probably have the worst form in existence.

Can you help me with the food part?

I may very well have been counting my calories wrong, i think im just a bit "blind" because what worked for me going from 105 kilos to 90 doesnt work anymore, which of course is completely logical.

Honestly i dont eat any junk food, but its probably too much. And i do lift, 5 times a week with a bike trip lasting 22 minutes to and from the gym.

I started at 60 kilos now I weigh around 79-80 kilos. I haven't been consistently eating and sleeping enough.

>Can you help me with the food part?
Sure dude just tell me what your goal is.

Unless that jump from 60-80 kgs was done by eating donuts and pizza I honestly can't see how you can only do 100 kg squat for triple after 2 years.

What is your age ? Program you're on? Other lifts like mainly deadlift, bench and overhead press.

Not the other user but here's my two cents:
1. While you may be counting calories right your body could be more efficient at exercising and not burning calories as rapidly as before
2.You may be retaining water more efficiently than how you were before
3. You're eyeballing your food and are off in your calorie count

23. Currently on TM second week. For the first year I just fucked around with 3x5 on everything nothing structurized.

On OHP I've lifted 1pl8 for a single. About 50 kilos for a triple.

Deadlift 130 kilos for a single, 110 for five.

Bench is 70 kilos five rep max. Never attempted a 1RM.

The goal is to get ripped. Im visibly muscular atm but i just want to get lean and lose the fat. 190 centimeters, 90 kilos. I dont know if you want a pic to gauge how much fat i have on me?
Yeah these points may very well be true and the last one certainly is. I guess i just need to come up with a meal plan that i stick to, which 100% is 2k calories.

Alright guys, just found out that I'm pregnant. No idea how far along. Haven't even scheduled my appointment yet. This will be my second child.

I am 4'10 128lbs.
Do you guys still think it's safe to continue losing weight during pregnancy? I know for obese people, losing weight during pregnancy is common.

Obviously I'm going to ask my doc, and I'm going to continue my workout regime throughout.

I just needed input.

Why don't you ask Chad you whore?

How's my bulk looking, Veeky Forums?

Don't birth a manlet or he will resent you

more brotein breh unless you're like 5'4

otherwise 10/10

Are you sure you can't squeeze more out of your novice gains with 3x5 on SS?

Anyway if I were you, i'd get macros under control, sleep undercontrol if possible then I would go back on SS try to milk it as much as possible and then move on to a 4 day texas method template I did the 3 day one for 3 months and it was good for squats and DL gains but my bench only exploded from 85 to my current 123 by doing the 4 day template found in PPST3 (I really recommend buying PPST3 book is worth the money)

If you just want to lose weight then up protein, reduce fat slightly , put carbs around gym time and get a food scale.
I would also weigh myself once a week losing 1 kg in 6 months should not have gone for that long if your aim was to cut.
Aim for 0.25-0.5 kg loss per week until happy with body and then maintain for 2-3 weeks and slowly bulk up whilst lifting heavy.

6ft (183cm)
163lbs (74kg) this morning

Will do another two scoops, thanks.

Probably. The reason I stopped was because squatting that heavy three times a week started getting tiresome. I needed a change. I'm eating more these days, but sleep is still near impossible to get right.

Your fats are really really high I would go for higher protein and lesser fats.

Why?

Sleep is an important variable but it's not the end and be all I think the period where I went from 140-155 kg squat so almost month and half was with loadsa days where I only slept 4-5 hours since I had uni exams and part time job.

But yeah I mean if TM is gonna have you stick on lifting then go for it but just know if you can milk out more out of novice i would go back to it because it's literally 3 times the strength gains.

Just extra calories that you probably won't be using, I would honestly go by this for my macros the guy knows his shit barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

0.5 kg a week, if a kg of bodyfat is 7700 calories, does that mean being on a 500 calorie defecit / day to lose 0.5kg a week? So do you take TDEE or BMR - 500?

Why can't I do all five SL5x5 exercises each day, instead of alternating squat + vertical push+pull and squat + horizontal push+pull?

That's usually the case at least for me when I first started it was only when I hit the intermediate stage that when I wanted to cut I only did -200 cals.
Also don't forget your tdee of 105 is different than 90 kgs always recalculate it after 2-3 kgs lost.
But the food scale is the biggest thing for me after 1-2 weeks of autisitic measuring you actually can eyeball food much better and won't need that much but before that I was over estimating my food by so much and it explained a lot.

I've been lifting for a bit. (

Cool stuff, ill get a food scale for sure. Dont know what to eat though, i went with the chicken and broccoli route those six months so im kinda tired of that. Maybe ill just keep eating that.

My wrists hurt during squats, and I have a hard time getting the bar to position on my shoulders. Any advice?

should I focus on getting my squat up before incorporating plyo? Training for basketball and everyone tells me to focus on squat/DL before doing any plyo at all

I don't know how much I can squat but it's probably around my bodyweight

Is there a difference in doing Dumbbell Rows vs Bent Over Dumbbell Rows?

>dumbbell row
>one at a time, using bench to lean

>bent over dumbbell rows
>both at same time, knees bent, leaning over

Are leg extensions good for quad strength? (as an accessory for squats of course) Candito recommends it to help with the good morning squat problem, but many say that it's a meme.

Do flexibility work.