Is there anyone here that doesn't lift?

Is there anyone here that doesn't lift?

I mean this is my routine:
-Morning : 5km run with around 400 pushups - ab work ,rope climbing and about 70 pullups of various grips mixed in
-Afternoon: Swimming or kickboxing

I only lift on saturdays where i'll pick bench-deadlift-squat and some additional excersises that always include weighted pullups-dips

On sundays i rest

How shit is my routine?

I just don't get why you would lift everyday if you don't wanna become a bodybuilder, aesthetics wise you get a much better body with this, and you are leaner/stronger/ more agile than 99% of gym monkeys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sq89ePc2vk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

every time, fuckin every time someone tries to reinvent the wheel.
Do whatever the fuck you wanna do , most guys here like to lift weights, others like to do crosshit etc. Why do you care? focus on what you're doing.

>aesthetics wise you get a much better body with this

ok

But nobody here does anything besides trying to do over 200 kg deadlifts and being fat

Then they complain that no girl likes them

So you do lift.

no girl likes them = lifting for women = too young
200kg deadlift = you dont need to get fat to achieve it

Post body

so you like, lift, but a little bit?
why?

post your body i want to see what this meme routine does

400 push ups 70 pulls

how long does that shit take you?

this

shitposts like this should always have a timestamped pic of op attached

Because :

1) I'm actually bored of lifting and don't care about strenght gains that don't have to do with pushup/pullup count or improving swimming
2) I'm applying to my country's SEAL unit in a year and from what i hear you want to be a 12% bodyfat endurance monster to pass it

I do pushups in a reverse pyramid style which goes like 50-45-40... to 20 then i do ab work and then do 5 sets of 20 rep diamond pushups then a couple more pushups here and there, it doesn't always add up to 400 but it's over 300 everytime

As for the pullups it's 3 sets of 10 pullups and 3 sets of 12 chin ups

what country famalam?

probably greece
source: i'm greek, dat filename

That guy is right

I served in my country's elite unit, and that workout of yours is really good for cardio but honestly you actually need strength too. You will be carrying heavy gear for long distances and you will need strength on those legs and back for that. Start lifting. Stepping into a gym won't turn you into a bodybuilder.

When i was a conscript in my country's 'muhreens' we did 2 50 km full load marches and didn't really have a problem

oh ok, makes sense. Good luck with applying to the greek naval commando. I am actually from a neighboring country, kek.

From what I know from my country. Naval commandos are beasts, so that's an admirable goal.

Here

is there something similar to SERE in the greek military?

Here is back

This it the unit
youtube.com/watch?v=7sq89ePc2vk

It was made by some greeks who passed navy seal school back in 1957

>SERE
Yeah there is a school like that, you get blindfolded and slapped around and all that

p-pls be safe
and remove kebab

I will actually be rescuing rapefugees

idk what greek commandos do in terms of rucking but you should work legs and lower back more if there is any sort of requirement to be on your feet with a pack for a long time

My max squat was like 160 kg if i remember correctly, my lower back has a lot of injuries and that worries me, i'm literally too scared to go over 90 kg in deadlifts even though i can lift more

What worries me the most is the swimming part, ive been working on that all year and i got my freestyle 100 m to 1.25ish which is absolute shit but what worries me even more is the underwater part, i can barely do the 25 m underwater swimming and if i tread water for more than 5 mins my adductors fucking kill me

I don't know if anyone here can help me with those feels

this is just my experience going through selection: you wanna be good at rucking, you wanna be good at running, and you want to have a strong lower back and legs or youre gonna injure yourself.

How can i train at rucking with completely destroying my knees before i even start the school?

Also my lower back is fucked, i'm gettting an injury there for sure but i hope it isn't the 'i can't bend down to wash my face' bad

olympic lifting really helped me desu. the focus on leg strength and mobility/flexibility makes recovery a lot easier when youre rucking for 5-6 hours a day and on your feet the rest. plus the lifts strengthen your core and back a lot.

that being said, a better method of training would probably be to do lightweight high rep squats while incorporating endurance running and sprints into your cardio routine. big fan of swimming, especially since youre going to one of those gay ass waterborne programs. idk how restrictive your lower back injury is, but its important to know that muscle soreness down there does not mean youre fucking yourself up. as long as you perform your exercises with proper form, youll eventually be able to tell the difference between an "oh fuck my back" moment and a "deadlifts sure make my back sore" feeling.

big take away is to stretch and know how to recover.

best of luck

My lower back situation is mostly fear desu

Back when i was doing judo i fucked it up real good by uki-goshing some fat guy and i couldn't bend down for 2 weeks

After that whenever i did really heavy deads or squats or sometimes got out of bed the wrong way i would feel a light snap and afterwards lose some mobility in the left lower half of my back and it would hurt when i would try to bend down. Normally my lower back is completely fine it's just i feel like i'll visit snapcity when i do heavy deads

Also other guys who have passed the program i wanna try told me there isn't that much of ruck marching , but there is tons of running in sand, boat carrying , pool fuckery and kangaroos

that's true but you completely missed the point.
the point is this fucking board is full of whitenights and friendzoned pricks who've been rejected by every girl ever because they have some sort of superiority complex, lift, and are fat

>"doesn't lift"
>does push-ups, pull-ups, rope climbing, and dips

Kys

how old are you

"lift" "push" "pul" "climb" "dips"

>push-up
>lifts bw via pushing
>pull-up
>lifts bw above a bar via pulling
>climbing
>lifts bw up a rope via pulling
>dips
>lifts bw upward via pushing

It's not superiority complex per se, more like 'normies lift for girls, therefore when I lift it has to be as far as from that as possible' and combine that with bb.com memes and you get ripletits

i'm 27