>Push it to the limit
>Strength equals mass
>Natties NEED to lift heavy
>Volume is not an important factor when it comes to mass gains
>Strength base before hypertrophy

so basically you're starting out and just want to hop on a brosplit

go ahead, buddy, we won't stop you

>Strength base before hypertrophy

Can someone explain this to me? All I ever hear is "You won't get big benching 100 lbs, so you should do a strength program first to get strong, then switch to a more bodybuilding-oriented program."

This doesn't make any sense.

lol ok

Strength is not the only variable that matters when it comes to mass gains, despite what this skinny dick nicks on Veeky Forums would have you believe. It's one of about a dozen variables.

Because it's a meme

>Strength equals mass
Not really "equals", but lean mass and strength are very strongly correlated.

>Volume is not an important factor when it comes to mass gains
I've never seen somebody on Veeky Forums make this argument.

it doesn't make sense and I have no idea why people started saying it. when we tell beginners to do a routine like SS it's not so they can get strong first and then big later. you're supposed to get big AND strong on a good novice routine. later on it makes sense to switch to a more specialized routine.

I guess it comes from a total misunderstanding of why people are told to do a novice routine first and a goal-specific routine later.

>It's one of about a dozen variables.
>a dozen

List them.

check'd

height and weight? pls no estat I don't care if manlet

>he thinks you can get pushing 3x10 babyweight

POST YOURSELF RIGHT NOW
post stats.
do it.

you just know that the people making these threads are DYELs.

You ain't getting big benching 185 to infinity

Heavy weight at decent volume and you'll grow

Summer

Running shoes for anything other than running.

>Anabolic window

>cardio ruins gains
It's just an excuse for faggots who are afraid of it.

>this amount of fuckarounditis

holy shit. just choose a program and stick to it.

all novice strength programs I know of rely on adding bodyweight and putting on muscle mass. You simply cannot properly progress beyond the first 3 weeks without gaining weight and hypertrophy.
I guess when people make that dichotomy they're just trying to point the focus of the program, but one thing (strength or hypertrophy) barely ever happens without the other.

See, what the fuck does this mean?

But novice routines, like SS for example, don't include exercises for things like side delts and arms, which are found in bodybuilding routines because they matter for "aesthetics."

that fucknugget has no idea what he is talking about.

there is only one driving force behind muscle growth: progressive overload.

you can overload the muscle with training intensity, or training volume.

if you are training higher rep range, you are training strength endurance much more than you are training strength.

this means the fastest way to progress is not to add weight, rather adding sets and reps. this is fine, if you have 6 hours to do 90 sets of 80 rep 20 pound chest flyes.

if you add 5 pounds per workout, you will overload the muscles as much as they can handle, and induce near maximal growth (as you are nearing the max capacity for progressive overload, even though it is via training intensity)

if you try to add weight, training endurance, your progressive overload will be a small fraction of that.

now by the same measure, once your lifts are 1/2/3/4 (or whatever is at least intermediate strength standards) your strength progression is going to slow.

so you won't progressively overload the muscle, as fast as if you started overloading the muscle with training volume, instead of intensity.

that is when you should switch to a double progression model (overloading with intensity and volume) for maximum size gains.

only when you can't make ridiculous strength gains, that maximize your progressive overload, should you overload with volume.

training volume & training volume = training load.

as long as your training load significantly increases EVERY training session, you will grow muscle (assuming sufficient caloric intake).

endof.

You obtuse niggers, what makes you think that a person on a bodybuilding routine won't make strength gains?

the press hits the lateral delts.
press and bench hit the triceps very well
chins hit the biceps

this is more than enough for a NOVICE. eventually you will want to do more isolation work depending on your goals, but for the first few months of training you will do just fine with the main compounds.

people doing high rep 8-10 stuff are not going to add weight as fast, so if they stick to the same rep ranges, they will progressively overload the muscles at a much SLOWER rate.
if you increase reps and sets, you can make all the gains in the world. it just requires longer training sessions.

think of it this way.
if you can rep 225 on bench, say 10 times, you will have a pretty developed chest.

so what is the FASTEST way to get to 225x10?

get to 225x5 (or as close as you can until the linear gains stop) then start training volume.

if you can do 3x5 high weight, and then switch to 5x10 high weight, your muscles will get hooge.

Anything that gets you stronger will get you bigger.

If you take your 1pl8 bench to 2pl8, your chest and tris will grow
If you take your 2pl8 bench to 3pl8, they will grow even more

By this I am talking about an individual as he progresses over time.

Genetics play a huge role in this. While Chad with his amazing FRAME can have a decent chest with only a 185 bench, Ned on the other hand might have to bench 275 to get there. Also drugs are a thing so that guy with spherical delts who only does 20lb lateral raises for 100x reps is juicing. That guy with huge traps yet only deadlifts 3pl8 or shrugs 2pl8 (pretty much 35% of gym goers) is juicing.

This is why bodybuilders are usually bigger but weaker than powerlifters of the same size. People with great insertions and who only need to squat 2pl8 to have respectable legs tend to be bodybuilders, while people like Chewning who look like they've been lifting for 1.5 years maxx shock everyone with a 6pl8 deadlift.

However, chances are that you won't take your 2pl8 bench to 3pl8 just doing low reps and little volume. When you become intermediate you need to start working with different rep schemes, exercises, and programs due to the biological law of accomodation and what have you.

TL;DR - HEIGHT, FACE, FRAME

this is what i thought too, as a novice, and did super strict, super isolatory side lateral raise from day 1.

i never thought arms are aesthetic, so i never trained them.

i ended up with overdeveloped side delts (sounds impossible, i know, it looks silly when you have zero front or rear delts, and decent side delts). it was hard to correct, as OHP hits side delts so hard.

only now are my delts starting to look nice and round.

heavy OHP is all you need, if you add side lateral raise as an accessory that is fine, just don't worry so much. as OHP hits all three heads of the shoulder.

as far as arms go..

your tricep are tiny compared to your pectorals and shoulder.

your pectoral and shoulder require and can handle more training load than your tiny tricep.

you want more tricep? train chest more. train shoulder more. they handle more than your arm can.

you want bigger bicep?
train back more.. your vast back musculature can handle WAAAY more training load than your tiny arm muscles.

you think you will have small arms if you can chin up lmao1pl8 for reps?

this.
isolations are for intermediates and repairing imbalances

>don't include exercises for things like side delts and arms
>what is the OHP, what is the Bench Press, what are Chinups

you will make them.

at 1/8th the rate you could have.

you will get 1/8th the progressive overload (if you stay at the same rep range)

and make 1/8th the gains.

I meant isolation exercises.

>this kind user taking time to respond courteously to OP's DYEL troll retardedness
kind as fuck samefag/10. OP does not deserve this.

If you press 135x5 you will have nicer delts than someone doing 5lb side lat raises. Focus on pressing for now. Worry about side lat raise when your shoulders can move weight.

T. A guy who side lat raises 30lbx20 strict, clean reps

people do realize the weight doesn't matter right? it's all in the contraction of the muscle, it doesn't matter what you bench or curl or whatever unless you're actively working and connecting the muscle - that's literally what working out is, you're just flexing the muscle with resistance and breaking it down so it builds back up, "getting to 2 plate" and then "cutting" won't do fucking anything if you're just on some autistic journey to be able to do 5 shitty reps of benchpress with 2 plates on the bar while eating junkfood

learn your anatomy, design your program around what you like and what you need, do it and stick to it, eat right, and use progressive overload and variations to keep yourself from plateauing or burning out, but don't vary it too often or train the same muscle groups too often - no bullshit, no memes

fitness = lifting

Correct.
Weight does not matter.
All that matters is your total training load produces enough shock to overload the muscle.

If you want to workout for 7 hours you can achieve maximal overload with little to no weight.

Progressive overload=growth.

That is why weight matters

So I've lost about 15lbs, and the last 5 or so I've lost have been while eating junk food like pic related and exercising.

Is this bad? I know dudes that are really serious are always counting macros, but if I'm staying under my calorie limit, is there any reason this is a bad thing?

I've got 14 more pounds to go before I'm at my goal weight and can start building muscle. More pizza can't hurt right?

This fucking thread

>moving a really heavy weight with shit form 5 times
>move a moderate to heavy weight with strict form 7-10 times

weight is relative

Obviously cheat reps don't count.

Precisely zero strength training recommends shit form.

Powerlifters sure, but you can do form strict as you like training for strength

As long as it fits your nutritional and caloric demands, it is "healthy" food.

Just avoid trans fat, and limit sodium (dont go hog wild on sat fats, but dont avoid them either, unless female)

>micro nutrients don't matter

>take a multi

>Sliced veggies/fruit infused detox water
>Body wrap
>Air squats
>Grills eating less than 1200 cal

Just a meme

Name one impressive natural lifter who isn't strong as shit

>Le you can get big doing 4x10 1pl8 bench

>no need for strength base

2 guys (beginners) with same genetics and same stats

>First guy does 3x5 bench
>other guy does 3x10

After some time, first guy can bench 250x5, putting his 10RM at 225lbs

2nd guy benches 205 as his 10RM (didn't progress as much as he could due to sub-optimal progression method that probably led him to a few plateaus)

Who will have a bigger chest?
1st or 2nd guy?

thanks brotha

The guy with the better genetics.

>2 guys with same genetics

>being big makes you a better fighter

I HIGHLY doubt someon working at their 10rm would hit 200 pounds before someone working at 5rm would hit 225x10

Based on what i have seen from dyels at my gym, the average 3x10 lifter goes from sub 1pl8 to 185lb in about the same time it took me to go from sub 1pl8 to 2pl8x10

I train mma, and have to ask why you think weight classes exist?
Sure, demetrious johnson would fuck up rich Piana..

But two people of roughly equal skill (both untrained or both trained) the bigger guy will almost always win, if the weight difference is significant

If i am rolling with a 135 skelly, i can muscle out of his proper techniques with raw brute force, instead of actual technique.

I would wager i could take on a world class jiu jitsu player who weighed 125 or under..

50 pounds of muscle is a huge advantage..

It's just an example
But that's the point really

>you think small arms at chin u0 lmao1pl8 for reps
Yes, im 80kilo and do chins with lmao1pl8 for reps and my arms are easily my most lagging body part.
Dont fall for the "back and chin ups with no isolation" meme, do isolation work as well

so Veeky Forums why didn't you wrestle in HS?

I dont live in faterica

Because i didnt want a consussion. Similar to what both those guys in that pic probably got

pic of self.

i have a feeling you have no shoulders and no back

keto

you know suplex/slams are pretty much all illegal in high school wrestling right?

>60kg chinups
>no arms
At least try with this.

"train mma"