Overtraining is a meme right? As long as you keep introducing stuff bit by bit you should be fine right...

Overtraining is a meme right? As long as you keep introducing stuff bit by bit you should be fine right? I recently started biking to school work around 10 miles/day and now thats getting upped to 20. I stopped lifting for the time period to adjust to all the biking but now I'm gonna add back in a PPLxUL. After I do that and adjust can I toss a couple long distance runs in?

Is there really a point at which the human body simply can't adapt any more?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/training/overtraining-overreaching-and-all-the-rest-part-1.html/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Is there really a point at which the human body simply can't adapt any more?
trial and error m8. be careful though because that error can be costly.

Everyone has different levels of training ability. Try it yourself. Nobody here can tell you whether it will work or not.

It's pretty obvious if what you're doing is not working (you're not making progress)

So just add stuff back in slowly right? I mean if collegiate athletes who don't roid can work out 4 hours a day then anyone can work their way up to it right?

As long as you add volume/days SLOWLY, yeah
Rest and diet need to be on point and consistent as well

theyre also essentially making being strong their dayjob. probably not worth risking body injuries so you can post in mire threads 6months from now about that girl who smiled at you

Overtraining is very real but requires uneven training and uneven recovery for a long time.

OVerreaching for hypertrophy and strength gains as a part of aprogram isn't thje same

No shit over training isn't a fucking meme. Your body can only handle so much.

What is the limit though? Just think about what Olympic athletes or special forces guys put themselves through on a daily basis. I highly doubt anyone but a few on this board comes near that level of training

overtraining is some broscience tier shit invented by brosplitting retards who know jack shit about lifting

I'd say with proper training your body and programming your body can handle a big amount of stress, but not as low as these retards claim

>you cannot squat 3 times a week!
kek

over training is a meme but under recovery is real and fairly easy to do

Most Olympic-level athletes are chronically overtrained. That's partly why they have to drastically cut down their training volume as training approaches.

Likewise with spec-ops guys. The amount of medication usage to try and deal with it is supposedly super high.

Competition, not training. I are illiterate.

Is under recovery not what people mean by "over training"?

Generally yes.

Some idiots just like to act like there's no workload the body won't accommodate itself to given enough effort. That's where the origins of the phrase come from.

I work my legs/back/shoulders/arms in that order for 4 days straight, because friday/saturday/sunday i don't lift and that should be enough for rest time

bodyrecomposition.com/training/overtraining-overreaching-and-all-the-rest-part-1.html/

It is 8 part article series.

Read it.

people just like to act like if you do too much then you'll be over trained while ignoring how they sleep 5 hours a night with a poor diet

>live in Netherlands
>biking that much is literally nothing
I can't even fathom how anyone would have trouble with going 20 mi/day, and I'm fat as fuck.

Calm down Bjork, don't you have a muslim you should be sucking off?

Kek

When I increased my running mileage, my lifts plateaued.

When I continued to run (I was running about 22 MPW, then walking 20) and lift (oly) my shins and knees hurt so fucking bad I couldn't walk down the stairs in the morning

I took a week off of running, tried low impact cardio instead (cycling), but tried to lift and the pain is still there. After 3 Aleve, couldn't squat today, failed my snatches, couldn't do box jumps. Felt like a shitty weak loser.

My advice would be just don't try and increase both mileage and lifting at the same time unless you want to feel like a failure with bones that feel like fucking daggers whenever you take a step.

>Overtraining is a meme right?
No.
>As long as you keep introducing stuff bit by bit you should be fine right?
No.

You need rest.

it's important to define what you actually mean by overtraining when discussing it. if you define it as a long term reduction in performance then that's almost impossible to achieve as a novice because they have very short cycles of stress/recovery/adaptation.

rippetoe has a much more clever definition of overtraining which says that you're overtrained if performance does not recover after one reduced load training cycle. the advantage here is that it takes level of training advancement into account. a novice would be overtrained if his performance didn't recover after a reduced load session. an intermediate would be overtrained if his performance didn't recover after a reduced load week, and for an advanced lifter the time frame would be even longer.

anyway, this kind of overtraining most certainly exists, and if you've never experienced it yourself you haven't lifted hard enough (or at all)