How Veeky Forums is your job?

How Veeky Forums is your job?

Bricklayer here, I'd give my job a 6/10, lots of lifting and my heart rate is often at cardio target for at least a couple hours throughout the day.

Neet, living off autism bux and dole with me mam, focusing on pro dota career

Prostagma?

>Bricklayer
Damn man. I sit at a desk all day but I dream of a manual labor related job. I feel so disconnected from the act of labor because I don't physically exert myself to make a living. I guess the grass is always greener, but I wish I would've done something like that during college at least.

> Wanting to work in the rain
> wanting to work in cold weather
> wanting do be on your knees all day
> wanting to break your back all day
> wanting to get treated worse than shit by all the foreman's, managers and bosses

This sitting cozy in the office autistic mindset that, "Man i would like to be out there, you know dog, actually feel like I make something" is one of the most assburger rose tinted glasses shit I have ever heard

Very. Work as a stocker at Target and it doesn't get more manual than that.

>when I get that pump after my shift's over

Feels good desu.

6-7/10

electrician here and it changes up from day to day. Some days are fast paced and I feel like I am running all day, other days are heavy lifting like pulling 500s or setting bigger gear. or undeground which is tough in its on right.Then there is the days when I block watch and those normally suck because its slow for me.. I usually help the hod carrier those days and move brick or grout and rebar.

Security guard in a closed up for the night shopping centre. Get paid to sit on my arse, drink tea and play vidya all night.

Nice easy job but sedentary as fuck so I train for about 2 hours a day after work.

College student... 2/10 maybe, as I walk commute to class.

Full time student. $1000/month.

It's basically like being a NEET, but you're doing assessments and maybe an exam every 3-4 months.

I did masonry labor for a few weeks and it was the hardest thing I've ever done physically. First day of work was a 12 hour shift, jesus fucking christ. I've ran a marathon and that job was def harder. I can't even imagine how some dudes stay in that kind of labor job into their 40s and 50s. With a painkiller script, I guess.

Office Administrator

7/10

So many young and milf women mirin'. Also, getting free qualifications while I work. Best job I ever had.

As someone who spent years breaking his fucking back for 12 hours a day on building sites I wholeheartedly agree.

At my site that I used to work, everyone was fucking functioning alcoholics and junkies, all the upper people ware on coke, even the bosses, none of them had life either, because we would have to work saturdays as well, I remember getting home at 9 from 1 hour bus drive eating, showering and going to be because I would have to get up at 5 for work

Eis machin!

Patient transporter in a hospital, rate how fit my job is

>walking 7-8 miles per day, most of the time pushing hundreds of pounds
>lifting bariatric patients from bed to bed/bed to chair/chair to table on and off all day
>on my feet for 8 hours at a time aside from 30 minute lunch break
>dumbfags work housekeeping and materials stocking for 10+ years to get a spot here only to quit after a month because "muh back" and "muh feet hurt"

Retail-fag, backroom. Get to lift light to heavy shit around, up ladders, around the backroom/store, etc.

Fucking hate it. On the early morning shift (4am), and it just drains me. Thankfully the manager rotates us, so I'll be getting on the day/closing shifts soon. It only sucks cause of the early hours, I have no problem staying up late, but fuck me if I have to wake up at 3am to be somewhere. Makes cutting difficult because my hunger just goes through the roof.

>pushing hundreds of pounds
on a wheeled bed

Most are still pretty difficult to move around with the weight of a 400 lb. patient on them, but yeah you're right.

The real lifting comes when we have to put said fatty on the table for an x-ray.

me too, work part time and is gr8 side money for me :^)
>pic related was today

Haha, holy shit, should have read more carefully through the threat. Hi, fellow team member, I'm

I'm your mothers whore, so I'd say pretty /fit

Nice fellow transportbro.

I'm considering going part time to go back to school for nursing.

Was pic related from an 8, 10, or 12 hour shift? I've done distances similar to that but it was a 10 hr shift.

electrician here also, live in Canada, 3rd year, I do residential so I'm on my feet all day, going up and down the ladder and moving it around the house is a workout in itself

8 hour shift
I'm going to leave my job soon to become a CNA, kinda sucks, because I recently started, eventually want to become a nurse too f a m

Good luck brother

From what my co-workers have told me, our job counts as direct patient care so that will look good on an app to nursing school.

I'm hoping to go the CRNA route personally

Train Conductor

I give my job a 3/10

I drive in a truck all day or i sit in a train all day and all the guys i work with are over 50 and are way over weight.

But oh well i make $42/hr

1/10 Space Systems Engineer

>chair all day

Commute makes hours that I can work out really shitty. To make things worse the only gym that is open when I get home is a fucking Planet Fitness.

yeah I hear that, I was lucky enough to have the wooden 3 leg ladders for most of my career so far. In the last few years osha (usa) has made it so we cant use those anymore and its all fiberglass... I only do commercial though.

How's the pay and working hours? I know the banter must be great

Started my own landscaping company. Still small time and not a full week of work mainly due to lack of knowledge bUT I'm the happiest I've been working while making the best wage yet and can kill it in the gym without working about being sore the next day.

Did interlock back in highschool and it was hell had to stop deadlift in because I couldn't recover

>my heart rate is often at cardio target

laborer/apprentice detected. how's the humping, humper?

>MOVE FASTER SLAVE
>the actual masons are waiting on your dumb ass to bring the hod, step on it faggot

>tfw supermarket deli associate
>tfw have to stand for 8 hours at a time, even in the break room there are no chairs
>tfw have to plan my leg days around days off since doing legs will result in my legs seizing up as I stand
>tfw meager pay and bizarre, last-minute hours
It fucking sucks and I would pay money for the opportunity to fistfight my managers and every co-worker except two of them, a nice old black guy and a clueless but nice Indian girl

> not supersetting 5xL fries-scooping with 5x5 patty flipping dropset

It's like you don't want to make it

you gotta start somewhere my dude

Yeah the only masonry people I've known are either heavy drinkers or on pain pills mostly. Pretty fucking brutal profession. Even if you're careful it seems like you're bound to get shoulder and knee injuries and shit.

Firefighter/EMT
5/10

I'd have to say all I really do is lift stretchers and sometimes carry patients down and up stairs. There is the off chance I get to extricate patients out of car wrecks or run up stairs in bunker gear but not often.

Training was difficult to say the least. I lift regularly still at least

Litigation attorney here.

1/10 on the Veeky Forums scale. The only physical exertion is lifting and moving large books, binders, and boxes of documents.

Good thing I do lifting 4x and cardio 3x per week. I would probably look like all of my pot bellied, balding coworkers if I didn't.

At least the job is really interesting, everyone treats us well, and the pay is real good.

Do you get to blow the horn?

>moving/hauling company
>10-12 hr days

meh, 7/10, 3 points deducted because some days im way too drained to squat/dead near max %

>I feel so disconnected from the act of labor because I don't physically exert myself to make a living. I guess the grass is always greener

I've done both, often dreaming of doing the other one while working that job

Not OP but the relaxed atmosphere was definitely one of the upsides. I was working on a side job type thing not union so I'm not sure how different it is for your typical union job but we talked a lot and had dad rock playing on the radio entire time, you can cuss as much as you want and talk about sex and shit and no one cares. That part was great.

Nice old black guys are the chillest, man. Definitely some of the most relaxed dudes I've met.

What did you goto school for to get this job?

>The only physical exertion is lifting and moving large books, binders, and boxes of documents.

No lawyer fights?

Anesthesia technician

2/10 not very fit at all but I hope to go to med school and become either a sports medicine physician or a cardiologist.

You don't need school. Almost every larger hospital hires people for this.

The pay is shit tho, like $11/hr-$15/hr max.

University Professor

8/10, gives me easy access to a high quality athletics facility, and since my work usually involves standing at a chalkboard for a lot of the day, I get ample rest without sitting in a chair for 8 hours at a time which I've heard is very bad for you.

How hard is it to get a job when you have a phd?

Sorting mail for 12hrs a day 5 days a week. Usually get ~22000 steps and i get to lift trays of mail up to 40lbs. Always active, always sweating

lol sometimes I want to stay in academia just to keep using the facilities. I go to a pretty big school and the shit I have access to is so ridiculous, I'm going to feel like I'm in Somalia for the rest of my life once I graduate. Then again if I get into grad school I'll probably be too fucking busy to ever actually work out.

Duty free salesman

10/10, my base rate is $27 and hour and I work weekend where is get time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sunday. Plus overtime because we work late. I sit around and talk shit for 45 mins out of every hour.

I'm a psychiatric tech at a hospital.

Mostly I sit around with the occasional wrasslin' a patient down to pull their pants down so the nurse can put things in their butt. Pretty chill, I'm ready to graduate and go on to be a nurse. Since so much of my job is sitting around I get called to the old folks side to scoop up all the crippled grannies who forget they were crippled and decide to go for a jog.

I assume you mean university positions, I have no experience in 'industry'. It's probably somewhat variable depending on the field, and it also depends on where you got your PhD. If you attended a top 10 program, you'll have little problems, or if your research is significant, you'll have few problems. My field is mathematics, so what I can say for my field is that research positions are very competitive; you can get your PhD from Columba and end up working at a community college.

If a parent beats their kids the courts send me to monitor the situation and teach them how to not strike a child.
> Literally all of my In-Home Service coworkers are women, like 78:1 ratio
> All of them are "understanding"
> "Oh I know it's hard to be a parent, but maybe next time you can try taking deep breaths and counting to 10?"
> I'm 6'4" 225 lbs
> I put the fear of God in them and give the kid my personal cell number
> I have the greatest success rate of anyone in the nation, only 2 families have ever had problems after my intervention
> Superiors alllwonder why
> Everytime I go on a visit with a supervisor they give me notes on creating more positive relationships with the parents

How do you get into that line of work? As I've gotten older I want to give back more to my country and community

I'm a night-shift janitor and I bring some dumbbells to work. I also do bodyweight shit and browse Veeky Forums.

Find a non profit, there's tons. The pay is awful, I make $35k and that's with a Bachelors of Psychology. And I'm on call 24/7 if a family gets in a fight or a kid's in trouble.

Not something I'd want to do forever, but it does make me happy.

My "recommendations" are law.
"Get rid of guns, drug paraphernalia, buy food for your child by my next visit". Literally a word from me and these scumbags lose their kids. I've seen some shit.

I did this for three months before a place in a pharmacy was free. Three months of hell at radiotherapy ward, three dead in a week, stench of death and shit covered by sanitizing products and yes, at least ten kilometers of walking every day. It was a fucking university or humility, lads

Go and teach, uni certainly has some gym

>the dealbreaker

pretty much a gains killer as you're targeting the same muscle groups every day with only rest on your weekend.

Oh really? What's your field of research? Or are you a purely teaching professor?

Residential foundations

2/3 doing nigger tier work
1/3 doing layout, less physical tasks

Pays well, but cant do back/legs workouts when Im done stripping forms for a whole day. Dont wanna risk injury

Doing G-mans work

This is me. When I'm working I'm thinking "I fucking hate this I wish I was doing x." Then when I do x I think "I fucking hate this I wish I was doing y again."

Algebraic topology, in particular Heegaard Floer homology

I work part time in an auction house, 90% of the time its unpacking boxes and moving shit the other 10% is moving furniture around. 22 dollars an hour so its pretty decent

>anesthesia technician
>hope to go to school

Don't you need 12 years to do that shit?

Symplectic geometry? Interesting. What can SFH tell us about symplectic manifolds that we otherwise wouldn't have known?
I'm a physics grad in topological cond. mat. but I know a bit about geometric/knot-theoretic quantization so you can use some jargons.

Night shift at petrol station
>stand all shift
>serve crazy night customers
>do a bit of restocking
>shitpost
It's not bad for $28/hr

Work in a factory taking boxes off an assembly line and putting them onto pallets as fast as the line pumps them out which can be pretty damn fast.
Work rating: 7/10
>manual labor with nothing to think about beyond box patterns, very mentally relaxing
>funny coworkers who I spend a couple hours every day shooting the shit with when the machines break down
>shitty pay but more than enough hours to make up for it
>don't have to deal with customers (what has driven me crazy at literally every other job)
>shitty timeframe for said hours 2pm-1am so I've alienated almost everyone in my life except my gf
Fit rating: 6/10
>boxes are only 30lbs but I'll average moving about 28 tons a day at a pretty good place - have slightly damaged my shoulders and elbow because of weird positions I need to be in to move the boxes fast enough
>way that certain boxes have to be gripped to be efficient makes it hard or impossible to do some workouts when I go to the gym - spend 8 hours gripping boxes in a way that taxes the chest, then end up doing the roll of shame when I bench that night
>line moves fast enough and consistently enough that a workday could be considered a shitty form of cardio

Anesthesia technicians are just scrub techs with a basic certification. You're thinking of an anesthesiologist which is a medical doctor.

Jesus that's a big wage for gas station clerk

Accountant

9/10, lost a point for sitting down all day, but I can walk to work, get my gym and tuition paid for, so not bad. Money could be better but I'm still working on a degree so it'll happen in time. Chill as fuck office envronment too.

Im a software developer so I sit in an office chair all day and get free food so I can bulk while getting paid$

Pharmacy technician at chemotherapy dept.
7/10

We prepare chemos for oncology patients. It's a bit of waiting training the doctors don't have lab results immediately so it's like an hour of preparing - two hours waiting, sitting on our asses - three hour shitstorm - end. The boss is super chill, nothing is a problem. Unlimited interwebs, allowed us to hang a punching bag and have a quite nice set of barbells hidden around airpumps.

Alright. I've been thinking of going back to college for over a year now. Canadafag, Qc here, but I don't know in what field. Whatever the job, as long as I get a better and more comfy life than my minimum salary shit right now. And I want a physical one.

Any recommendation from you guys about a well-paid and physical job for a lanklet like me? (6'8")

Hey Qcfag here also (south shore mtl)

warehouse work can get you starting at 14 to 16 bucks an hour sometimes

and you are tall so you can reach the top shelf

It's pretty awesome, I won't lie. 4 days a week, decent income and still plenty of time to study

wth? i would like to see you mixing cement in the hot summer days for weeks on end on a place in full sunlight with 42ºc with no wind to see if you still wanted to get off your desk.
im just another user fag, but trust me, i do prefer freelancing webdev to construction working anytime, but a guy gotta do what a guy gotta do in times of need (i do enjoy fixing stuff around the house though, made a new chicken coop the other day, looks so nice you wouldnt believe its to house chickens).
>thx for reading my blog

student
summer job is running rickshaws
>7-8/10
it can be difficult due to the shear amount of cardio you have to do, but i just see it as training for rugby and hockey
>down side is social life sucks, when everyone wants to go out, thats when you make your money
>plus side, loads of friends with security guards and promo girls, get hit on all night, constant pussy if, and good money if you know how to hustle people

>warehouse work can get you starting at 14 to 16 bucks an hour sometimes
Every warehouse works I've had were minimum salary around here (Also sup, Northern Montréal (Ahuntsic) here). But yeah, I've been thinking of going back to college or pursue a professionnal course for wielding or some shit. I just don't have any idea what to do. I'm at a point where I just want a good job and I'm ready to follow through the classes needed to acquire said job. Fuck finding "something you love", this mindset got me where I am today...

Day 3 at my new job as a grocery store cashier. 9 hour days at minimum wage is whatever.
Worst part is standing up all day continuously is killing my back.
Help me brehs, what do?

no man i think you underestimate how shit it is. I've got a lot of friends doing it and it seems terrible. On the other hand I've done office jobs that made me want to kill myself.

what you probably want is some type of field-work job. where you are active during the day and not sitting behind a computer, but the work still isnt physically exhausting.

What about looking into a temp agency? sometimes they can place you for a short contract and then you can re-negotiate the contract afterwards directly with the company. I have seen a few warehouse places start at 14 an hour, and my brother found something at 16 that he actually turned down since he found something better.

job market is total shit here though, you actually have to spam out cv's nonstop. eventually you'll get a few that make it through but otherwise its just terrible.

>job market is total shit here though, you actually have to spam out cv's nonstop. eventually you'll get a few that make it through but otherwise its just terrible.
Thanks mate. That explains a lot actually. I'll look up to find something better than my current state of affair.

gl homeslice

You mean $2.8 an hour right?

You work UCLA don't you?

OH SHIT IS THAT NIGGER DEAD??????

Just about to start my upper division Accounting classes next semester, any advice for the future?

Bringing my grades up and landed an internship at a Financial Advisor firm this summer.

I have two jobs.

Job 1 is call center, from home no less. Used to be a 3/10 when it was in office, as I'd walk about 1.5km to work and back per day, plus taking 3 flights of stairs, walking to the bathroom (across the building), etc. Now that it's at home, 0.5/10. I get up to get things to drink and I walk the dog on every break.

Job 2 is about a 5/10. Meat clerk in a grocery store. Often times I'll have to do hamburger up, which is basically carrying 50lbs of burger from one side of the department to another to wrap it, plus general lifting, on my feet walking for a 5 hour shift. Too bad it's only seasonal / part time.

fucking this.

Sit on my ass all Day working with a companys internal economics and bookkeeping.

9/10 cause i have enough time to read mango and play hearthstone at last 2h a Day and still finish my tasks. Minus one becouse of sitting down too much.

You guys are the funniest fuckers alive along with forensic cleanupcrews
Thank you for your service and death defying humor

>software developer
>all the guys are fat
>all the females are qt management or design folks with a few fats in HR
>I look incredible to all of them despite being pretty dyel
Makes office interactions easy and my bosses respect me and reward me with at least 18% raise each year plus a promotion to the next rank. Feels good.

Janitor
6/10
Sometimes there's not too much to do, but quite often there's a lot of work to be done.

I sweat hardcore when I've got those busy days, but that's probably because I'm fat.

Rogan.

> $28

is your boss laundering money or making you sell meth?

Motel receptionist and night manager
Not very fit at all, though I can do whatever when not much is going on