Can someone explain this to me?

Can someone explain this to me?

whiskey isn't sweet because all the sugars have been fermented

So it does have carbs but those aren't included in the nutritional information?

7 calories per gram of alcohol

No, dude. Alcohol has calories, it's not a carb, fat, or protein.

How do you even measure this, don't you have to burn up the whiskey to find out how many calories it has?

Oh fuck. Like how fire isn't a solid gas or liquid.

Is 7 cal/gram the rule of thumb for all alcohol? But then again it will be different for wine that is 14% and whiskey that is 43%...

you only count the grams of alcohol in them, theyre not 100% alcohol

I thought alcohol was actually a separate macronutrient than carb/fat/brotein. But then again, I could be retarded.

They do have carbs and shit but the amount they have is very low and the FDA allows them to put 0%

>But then again, I could be retarded.
Well you're/we're on Veeky Forums so that's a safe bet.

But as said, well, what you said.

Nah, you're right

How do I find that?

For example, if I pour 100ml of whiskey that is 50 proof, I just say 50x7?

Exacto

Aylmao.

But what about the remaining 50? Just ignore it, or?

its water basically, no calories

actually the % is by volume, not weight, but its a good estimate

it's mostly water and spices

>gram
>liquid

shit, i'm confused

Same breh.

But 1 gram and 1 ml are about the same in weight. 1ml = 1.03g

we were simplyfing, 10ml of alcohol is 8grams, so a 50% alcohol whiskey has 50 ml = 40 grams, which equals 280 calories

"one standard drink or "unit" of alcohol is defined as 10 mL or 8 g of pure alcohol."

so if like
i go drink a ton of fireball
will it ruin my cut

alcohol has more calories per weight than protein and carbs, slightly less than fat

protein and carbs = 4 calories per gram
alcohol = 7 calories per gram
fat = 9 calories per gram

kek why'd i lose to this

a problem with alcoholics is that by drinking not too much, they get all their daily calories without any nutrients, so they don't get hungry or eat food but don't starve to death. makes them fat instead

>pure ethanol
>not a real drink
Whoever made that chart is never gonna make it.

most alcoholics are on the skinny to severely skinny side actually

No they're not.

not to my experience, I work at a hospital and we get em quite overweight, drinking 4 bottles of wine a day keeps em at at least 3000kcal

Are you retarded? You divide the proof by 2 to get the percent. 50 proof is 25%. 25% of 100mL is 25ml. 25x7 is 175 calories.
As for the whiskey in the picture, it's in grams, not mL. Pure aclohol is lighter than water, about 8g per 10mL. Since that whiskey is 86 proof, 43% is aclohol, leaving 57% of water (which has no calories). In 100g, you have 43g that are caloric (the 0.1g of sugar is negligible). 43g/8g is 5.375, and that times 10mL is 53.75ml. That times 7 calories is 376.25 calories.
And that is how many calories are in your 100g of whiskey.
Of course, that's only if the distilling process was perfect, which it rarely is. Even with a set %, some of that will always have chemical impurities, like formaldehyde. And alcohol evaporates incredibly fast, which will play a part in stages in the process like transfers and bottling. What you have in a bottle of 43% might be closer to 35-38%. 376.25 calories per 100g would only be found in the perfectly distilled, perfectly bottled batch of whiskey.

I thought proof meant percent pls no bully

that's because they are drinking wine

alkies who default to beer tend to be fat. liquor, nah. when i drank like 24/7 for 2 years i was pretty skinny. no muscle tho. i didn't drink a sip of beer. mostly god-awful bottom shelf rum and maybe some wine every once and a while.

What an excellent graphic!

I pretty much switched to only vodka + diet soda these days... which sucks because I love beer. The lower calorie beers tend to be shitty macrobrew lagers and they're still often like 10-20 calories higher than just an equivalent serving of hard alcohol.

Also sucks because I used to brew beer with my dad and I feel kind of shitty just making these huge batches of beer and then leaving him to drink all of it... he kinda drinks enough as it is.

Alcohol isn't a fat, protein, or carb, and the caloric energy it has can not be stored by the human body. Your body will use up the calories in the alcohol before breaking down and utilizing the calories of the food in your stomach, or tapping into your body's fat deposits to keep the motor running.

This is also why it's super easy to gain weight while drinking. That entire pizza you ate at chad's party, where you failed to smash Emily, is gonna get digested and stored right in your gut/ass.

alcohol is a macronutrient, 7kcal/gram or something, they just haven't listed it

alcohol contains energy. it's not a carbohydrate or a fat or a protein. it's an alcohol

Saw some friends of the family for the first time in five weeks today. Two of them said I was looking fit (separate of each other.) They didn't make a big deal of it just kind of in passing... the fact they didn't make a big deal of it makes it seem even more real.

What's your Saturday success Veeky Forums?

Photo unrelated unless you like DBT