Skin care thread

Hey Veeky Forums I've never really educated myself on proper skincare.

Now I know washing/clean sheets help a lot with acne, and nutrition as well, but that is not a problem I have.

How does one achieve moviestar quality skin status ?

Scrubs ? moisturizing ? What other things hsould I look into ?

Photoshop

>Water
>Genetics
>Cardio
>You're fucked OP

>Cardio

Please erarborate senpai

quit beating off

Found the slant

drink lots of fucking water.
stop touching your face.
get GOOD brands of facial cleansers and moisturizers. IE cetaphil or ceraVe. apply only ONCE a day. facial cleanser in shower and moisturizer directly after shower.
every night before bed splash your face with ice cold water and pat dry.
change your pillowcase regularly.

How does cardio help? All I can imagine is from sweating

Yes. Releases toxins

just make sure to wash it off

bacteria love sweat and if you let it stay on your skin, you could get MORE acne

What about scrubs and exfoliants, worth buying ?

Dude, stop using my name.

Anyways, sweat is pretty much a natural moisturizer.

salicylic acid, even if you don't have acne. Don't start by using it everyday, work up to that

>My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

L'Oreal and such considered quality brands

lmao, pretty sure you're using mine friend

lets come to a compromise?

Question bros the UV index is showing higher numbers what's the best way to protect myself from Sun exposure?

I been told numerous times that I would look super handsome if it aren't for my acne.

How much water (to drink that is)?

>How does one achieve moviestar quality skin status ?

Sunscreen to prevent aging

I would be amazed if there are movie stars known for their skin not using retin A.

Daily moisturizer and hydration will help, but movie stars will also use botox and fillers.

fresh towel on bed everynight someones probably jizzing on your bed or wiping their ass on it which causing you acne

This. Did you not even listen to this monologue of the movie pic you posted?

fuk that is bad

>Drink water

>Wash your hands
>Never touch your face with anything
>Never touch your face with ANYTHING

>Scrub your face with exfoliating scrub gloves (in the morning/night and maybe even day) with any basic soap really (making sure your hands and gloves are clean), I even use anti-bascterial liquid hand soap... I moisturise after with Palmer's Cocoa butter (making sure my hands and even the bottle are clean)

>Pick spots when they are good and ready by (scrubbing your face first) nipping the tip with (sterilised) nail clippers and gently squezing from the side/bottom of the spot. Finish by scrubbing your face again.

Sources:
I used to have skin like yours and now my face is almost spot free (people comment at my lovely youthful skin), so if it worked for me maybe iut could for you.

Final Tip:
>NEVER TOUCH YOUR FACE

Not really bro. Go to Ulta or sephora or macys or something for real quality brands. Loreal is just a grocery store brand. I mean, it might not be bad, but i certainly wouldn't call it "quality".

Really though. RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY SHIT. I honestly don't understand why people don't do this wtf.

>Accutane
Do it. Tell your doc you want it. Then man up and deal with the shitty sides for the duration. If the first run doesn't fix it, do a second. Better have your lip balm.

Don't fall for shill brands like philosophy and shit though....really though youre doomed to never know what you're doing, just like every other bimbo.

>toxins
It helps get rid of shit in your pores, toxins are a meme

You should see it without foundation and concealer. Doesn't help that I'm a basketball player and sweat like crazy everyday.

The annoying thing is, when you have bad acne you can almost see people feeling awkward around you... strianing not to look at it when they talk to you.

Good if you do them like once, twice a week at most. Don't get the plastic bead kind, think of the environment.

How old are you? Might just have to wait it out.

20 but I get mistaken for 13-15 because of my feminine features and pale skin.

On a scale of one to ten, how effective is this routine for someone who wants to clear blackheads and pores forever and to have great skin?

i tried literally EVERY trick I could find to cure acne and nothing did it. like i used to go onto skincare websites and copy/paste solutions and put them into one giant text document. even got pills from the doc, nothing.

then went on accutane and it was all gone in a month, not one spot left. not shilling for accutane, it's just fucking great.