Redpill me on Kombucha Veeky Forums. I see it being steadily shilled more and more at my local Whole Foods...

Redpill me on Kombucha Veeky Forums. I see it being steadily shilled more and more at my local Whole Foods, which is where I go to get a quick dinner sometimes.

why don't you goggle it instead of taking the first thing illiterate weightlifters shitpost about it

Because Google and Kombucha manufacturers are probably controlled by the same jews

Goes well with your beard and sirracha sauce you fucking cuck

Make your own smoothie you lazy piece of shit

Do you think Kombucha is a specific brand of bottled smoothie.

Holy shit dude, everyone has already seen Kombucha and get sick of it in developed parts of the world you backwoods fuck. Too busy going to eat at Chili's and getting pumped they opened a Bass Pro two towns over to notice meme drinks you flyover fuck. I'm literally lmao'ing at your life.

I drink one every once in a while as a treat because it's tasty. I buy from a local company that brews it.

Kombucha is very refreshing. I like it.

I like it. I used to buy the cranberry of pic related. Now my girl brews it; its delicious and saves us on probiotic supps

You can make your own for cheap. Google it

The thing that kills me is that you have to keep making it or the cultures die. It's hella inconvenient unless you are actually really into kombucha.

Apart from it being hella expensive, it's absolutely wonderful. Refreshing drink without having the sugar of a soft drink like a coke, and slight fermentation gives it a nice alcoholic taste without it being nearly as hard as beer. It also has some micros, which is only neater.

I like the original, ginger, and trilogy ones, but (except for the green one, fuck the green one) they're all awesome. You can also start making your own after you get a bottle with some of the kombucha floating.

it's pro-biotic, helps your poo along, makes your stomach feel great, although some may say its an acquired taste.

As far as common brands in stores, the brand OP posted is pretty good. Original flavor or multi-green for extra gut glory, or the citrus and ginger flavor for those completely new to kombucha, unsure if they like the taste. Synergy brand is pretty good too. Stuff sold as kombucha sodas are tasty but more like candy.

I think I may start test-brewing my own soon. I love the stuff. Interested in doing kombucha wines too.

Yeah, I mean I we both drink a decent amount everyday. My girl is also really into that kind of shit; she's more than happy doing it and I'm more than happy to reap the benefits. We also keep bees though so comparatively the labor is minuscule for kombucha.

fucking A, man. my boyfriend and I are into gardening and making some of our own products. Hoping we can move to a better place in the future so we can grow more and do things like beekeeping.

The American Cancer Society says that "Serious side effects and occasional deaths have been associated with drinking Kombucha tea".

Adverse effects associated with kombucha consumption include severe hepatic (liver) and renal (kidney) toxicity as well as metabolic acidosis. At least one person is known to have died after consuming kombucha, though the drink itself has never been conclusively proved a cause of death.

Some adverse health effects may be due to the acidity of the tea, which can cause acidosis, and brewers have been cautioned to avoid over-fermentation. Other adverse health effects may be a result of bacterial or fungal contamination during the brewing process. Some studies have found the hepatotoxin usnic acid in kombucha, although it is not known whether the cases of damage to the liver are due to the usnic acid contamination or to some other toxin.

Topical use of the tea has been associated with anthrax infection on the skin in one report, but kombucha contamination may have occurred during storage.

Due to its microbial sourcing and possible non-sterile packaging, kombucha is not recommended in people with poor immune function, in women who are pregnant or nursing, or in children under 4 years old.

Kombucha has been promoted with claims that it can treat a wide variety of human illnesses, including AIDS, cancer, and diabetes, and that it provides other beneficial effects such as stimulation of the immune system, boosting the libido, and reversal of gray hair. However, evidence of kombucha's beneficial effects in humans is absent.

In a 2003 systematic review, Edzard Ernst characterized kombucha as an "extreme example" of an unconventional remedy because of the great disparity between implausible, wide-ranging health claims lacking evidentiary support, and the potential for harm the preparations seem to hold. Ernst concluded that the unsubstantiated list of proposed therapeutic benefits did not outweigh the known risks, and that Kombucha should not be recommended for therapeutic use

wtf is wrong with bass pro

You should only drink water and tea, no use drinking your calories.

sriracha is indisputably the best hot sauce on the market fucking fight me you vinegar guzzling motherfucker

I think it tastes like compost but a lot of people like it
>Regular black tea is superior

It's like 99% of fermented foods (including beer and vinegar and wine and yoghurt) and all foods for that matter: It's unbelievably good for you when made at home but usually shit when processed.

Most fermented foods and drinks are right at the top of every nutrient profile and health list, and with good reason (they consume the sugars in foods and shit out B-Vitamins and minerals in exchange)

So, make your own Kombucha and you save money, time, energy and you get a much better and tastier product

Same goes for apple cider vinegar (literally apple peels in water), kefirs, etc

>It's unbelievably good for you when made at home but usually shit when processed.

"Kombucha has been promoted with claims that it can treat a wide variety of human illnesses, including AIDS, cancer, and diabetes, and that it provides other beneficial effects such as stimulation of the immune system, boosting the libido, and reversal of gray hair. However, evidence of kombucha's beneficial effects in humans is absent.

In a 2003 systematic review, Edzard Ernst characterized kombucha as an "extreme example" of an unconventional remedy because of the great disparity between implausible, wide-ranging health claims lacking evidentiary support, and the potential for harm the preparations seem to hold. Ernst concluded that the unsubstantiated list of proposed therapeutic benefits did not outweigh the known risks, and that Kombucha should not be recommended for therapeutic use"