So i bought a shitload of broccoli, cooked it and stuffed it in tupperware for the week

so i bought a shitload of broccoli, cooked it and stuffed it in tupperware for the week.

when i was tracking my calories mfw it has 0.4g fat, 7g carbs and 2.8g protein per ONE HUNDRED FUCKING GRAMS. why is Veeky Forums so obssessed with it?

is broccoli a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9168187
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's cheap, has fiber, and it's major selling point is what you're bitching about.
It has a shit ton of volume.
Fullness depends on fat, protein, fiber, and volume.
Volume doesn't affect long term satiety as much but it hits the hardest for the shortest amount of time.

Trying to lose weight?
You could eat 150 cals worth of Broccoli, won't affect your daily limit that much but for a good 4 hours it will feel like you just ate a 3 course meal.

bump

It's a fibrous carb. Moves all the protein through

your system. Also all vegetables are good

regardless.

because of polyphenols, fag

Hella nutrients senpai
Also it fills you up like based oats

Also steam that shit and never put butter on it.
If you need to put something on try a low to no calorie hot sauce, I personally just sprinkle a little salt on it.

If bulking maybe pick a more calorie dense vegetable since it might affect your ability to chow down enough cals.

>never put butter on it.
why

he fell for the saturated fat is bad for you meme

Because the best part about broccoli is it has barely any calories, even if your bulking putting butter on vegetables is not how you dirty bulk, at least have the decency to use olive oil and throw it in the oven for max gains.

the best part about broccoli is that it has polyphenols and decreses estrogen levels, faggot

bulking is a meme

why the oven

why can't i drink virgin olive oil straight up

Its a functional food, see it like coffee. Its main effect is to decrease estrogen.

Because it's a vegetable that's good for you and it happens to be tasty too.

The "saturated fat being bad is a meme" meme ended months ago. Keep up with the memes.

Salt, pepper, lemon juice.

All you need for god tier broccoli.

You can and should. Heating olive oil oxidizes it and makes it very unhealthy to consume.

nah burning it does

That's what I do. Olive oil, garlic, salt and oven. Garlic salt when I feel lazy.

Lol I dont even count calories from raw vegetables

Same
Tell myself my cal goal is 1800 cals, but probably eat closer to 2100 cals thanks to based vegetables

I don't even know what I'm doing in terms of health every time I leave /fit

when on a cut, brocoli is great just because of it, and also is tasty, but when bulking is pretty much useless, i just mix it with my rice so it tastes perfect

Broccoli has phytonutrients that are directly related to the reversal of cancer cell growth, not to mention a very powerful estrogen suppressant. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9168187

>when i was tracking my calories mfw it has 0.4g fat, 7g carbs and 2.8g protein per ONE HUNDRED FUCKING GRAMS.
Exactly, that's why it's fucking awesome, you can eat a ton of it, it's packed full of extremely valuable micronutrients and fiber, and it doesn't do shit to your calorie totals.

Dumb fucking "dirty bulk" ugly looking fatass, you probably are.

cruciferous vegetables like broccoli help support normal healthy testosterone levels and studies have shown an inverse relationship to incidences of kidney stones