10/14

10/14

grew up with one of these

not fun, but makes you realize how great other people are in comparison

arnt like half of those every human being on the planet?

Isn't 3 just normal behavior?

3 is dumb as fuck thats littarly everyone
4 is also dumb and has nothing to do with narcies
3,4,9,12,13 all bullshit where did u get this awfull fucking list dude

Narcissists detected

I agree with the other guy that #3 is retarded, I can be pretty outgoing in public but I'm not gonna fucking talk to myself at home

Other than that just #14 but I'm working on it

9/14. Should I just kill myself?

Depends on which ones and to what extent IMO

3, 4, 6, 7 and 9-13. I don't really know how to describe the extent for some of them

13/14

I'm fairly responsible with money.

Tend so save rather than spend.

>Donald Trump checklist

i dont really have any of these except maybe two of them.

5. ill act cocky and fuck around as a joke but im down to earth when i need to be.

8. ill talk some shit up to make myself sound better but i dont take it too far.

Rarely do #8
Dream of succuess yes, but not unlimited, and I work to be successful

>3
I'd say a solid 99% of people do this
>4 and 9
Could just be because of your age if you're relatively young, and can be fixed if you really want to
>6 and 7
Common in people who aren't satisfied with their lives, can be fixed with discipline or by trying to improve your life
>10-11
If only the first half of each line applies to you, you're fine. Not everyone is an overly-empathetic, touchy-feely person. If you're straight-up manipulative, that's a problem
>12
Can just be part of your personality but is still a problem
>13
Can be a problem if used for emotional/mental abuse

I'm no psychologist but that's my take on it. TL;DR you're probably fine

5/6/10
> Feeling good.

how do I stop fantasizing? I literally have fake lives in my head and need to pause movies to concentrate and work out problems going on in the fake lives

If I add my kind ofs as .5
4/14

But what if I'm improving my life to enact that fantasy?

And does there have to be intention for it to be abuse?

It's ok to fantasize but it shouldn't interrupt your life. Been there done that. Train yourself to focus--if you feel your mind drifting, just use your self-control to get it back on task

If you're improving your life to reach the fantasy, then I would say to try only to think about it when you're actively doing something in regards to it. I also practice negative visualization (imagining the worst possible thing that could happen) so that I'm ready and have back-up plans in case shit goes south

Abuse is always intentional, it's just that for some people it's more subconscious. For example, if you're provoking a gf and blaming her so that she learns to think things like "All of this was my fault, I'm worthless and I don't deserve any better so I guess I'll stay with him", that's emotional abuse, but it might not always *register* as abuse to the abuser.

12/14 not bad
i'm pretty responsible and good with money. Not sure I understand the logic why a narcissist is inherently bad with money.

I guess I'm still shaky on the whether or not I'm abusive. I mean sometimes I want people to feel how I want them to and will try and get them to that point, but I don't know if I go full on manipulative.

But I think about the fantasy almost constantly. It's the reason I'm still bothering with shit like school, lifting, and all that.Otherwise the suicidal thoughts run more rampant

I already knew i was a narcissist before coming to Veeky Forums not much i can do about it if i try not being one i get nothing done im not even that great of a person not even genetically. Im 5'5 and nearly an autist but if i dont believe everyday that im the shit i lose my charisma and i lose track of my goals, i would try to see a psychologist but i dont know how that would help me at all.

>Not sure I understand the logic why a narcissist is inherently bad with money
A narcissist will impulsively buy whatever the fuck he wants because he feels like he's entitled to it, but he also feels like he shouldn't have to account for his own spending. Also they're more likely to exaggerate (to themselves and to others) how much they make

Just nudging people to understand your viewpoint isn't abuse, harming them to advance your own agenda is. If you're worried about whether you're abusive it's a safe bet that you probably aren't, but next time you think you do something that may be manipulative, do this: think about if you were the other person and how you'd feel if you knew what was going through your own head at the time

And user, I've been there with the suicidal thoughts and let me tell you right now you do not want to bank your mental health on a fantasy that may or may not come true. Focus on how much progress you're making towards your goals, but don't get caught up in thinking about what it would be like to reach them. The journey is much more fulfilling than the destination, so fuck the destination, but milk the journey for all it's got

>The journey is much more fulfilling than the destination, so fuck the destination, but milk the journey for all it's got
That's just it. The journey seems toxic to me. It's periods of self-loathing and anger punctuated by the short lived highs of pretty innocuous shit (like the endorphin rush from working out). The people that are in my life could all leave me tomorrow, and there's only a few that I would be concerned about losing only because they provide some utility to me. It's focusing on the discipline I need to acquire, and chastising myself for when I don't have it.

The destination is more to me because it is above and beyond me. It's greater than something I could ever hope to be without it. Something that hopefully makes the world a better place when it's my time to leave it. I don't have faith in a deity, and have almost none in myself, but the fantasy/destination feels real to me to the point where I have tunnel vision, and every bump in that tunnel lends to more darkness to surround

This is more of checklist for immature, adolescent behaviour. You need an actual diagnosis from a professional to be considered a "certifiable" narcissist. This isn't tumblr, don't self-diagnose.

3/14
wew

12/14

Jesus.

>failing relationship
>affair
>0 sympathy

Im such a shithole

Fucking hold me

>The journey seems toxic to me
Then to me, it seems pretty clear what you have to do. Instead of focusing so hard on your dream, you have to focus more on getting better in the present so that the journey isn't "toxic". Did you know that when you accomplish something like graduating from a school, your brain produces a tiny bit of feel-good hormones for a quick moment, and that's pretty much all you get? That doesn't compare to the long-term joy you can feel by seeing the progress towards your ultimate goal of graduating.

>The destination is more to me because it is above and beyond me
>Something that hopefully makes the world a better place when it's my time to leave it
I think this is the issue I have with dreaming. Sure, it feels good in the moment, but it doesn't prepare you for the fact that reality may dick-slap you right in the face. That's why I say you shouldn't rely on a fantasy.

Personally, my goal is to just keep improving as a person. That means there is no real endpoint, but every day, I can look back and think to myself, "I'm better than I was yesterday". I compare myself in the present to my past self, not to some future self I haven't seen yet. It's actually done wonders for my depression, and I'm not even on meds (yet). I haven't had a single serious suicidal thought since I've started thinking like this, and it's been about 2 months now--for reference, it used to be a nightly occurrence.

We're all gonna make it user, hang in there

I only got 10/14, how do achieve the missing ones?

Thanks user.

4/15 with diagnosed Narcissistic tendencies.

I don't think that's quite accurate. Only exception is I am highly empathetic and kind to people due to Savior complex.