Anxiety?

When I work out, more often than not, I get huge anxiety, somehow I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and everything freaks me out.

I've checked my heart rate shoot up from 115 after light cardio to 145 while sitting down because I'm freaking the fuck out.

I don't feel any pain, and usually happens during work outs.
(It happens at other times like when I go grocery shopping by mysel (wtf?) or when the weather is too hot.)

What do?
I used to play football, then lifted hard af on my early 20's. Now light cardio freaks me the fuck out, and I'm 26 now.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_(neurology)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

help!

This is during the workout, or just before?

I've found myself getting sorta nervous before workouts sometimes. I'm not sure why.

this happened to me.. just keep doing your own thing and realize nobody else cares what you're doing. I started doing jump rope in my back yard because i didn't want anyone seeing me running and failing at it, but then I got really good at jump rope and started doing it in front of my building, then started running and then lifting.

I've always felt that hyperanxiety is caused by an overactive adrenaline response, which is a glandy type thing which you can't thought-process away

repeat the task ( en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_(neurology) ), build some behavioural routines or try some meds imo

and try to do things with people maybe, I always struggle to do new things alone

just my thoughts

Happened to me while busting my max lmao2.5pl8 on bench. Took 2 scoops preworkout (old 1.M.R) and that was my first experience with anxiety. I had to stop all preworkouts for around a year, I couldnt even drink coffee without experiencing anxiety. It gets better with time but everytime my heart beat fast following a max/failure rep I become somewhat anxious which is clearly slowing my progression and gains

srry for bad english frenchfag here

Your heart rate can go a bit above 200 and still be fine, ignore it and move on, it will fade on its own. Not really much else you can do unfortunately.

stop smoking
stop drinking coffee
stop taking pre workout

if none of them work. talk to a psychiatrist. you have the early stages of panic attack disorder and you'll be better of if you crush it now before it takes ahold of you

my heart max is 196 after cardio

usually in cardio its 175

only gets to 130 if anxious.

this happens to me before a run. it's very weird. i like to think of it as my heart getting prepped to start pumping like crazy.

> just before

I don't really have social anxiety. It happens even if I'm alone. During the summer when it's hot outside, it happens often just from doing stuff like lifting shit around the house.

I have a personal trainer. It actually feels better when I have someone qualified around. But still happens. I can see slow progress though.

I don't take any stimulants. I get panic attacks from drinking coffee though, happened during study for finals and drinking coffee a few years ago, never drank coffee again.

I know it's fine. But it's I can't control, the fear is just crazy and uncontrallable.

I don't take any of those. I'll definitely see a counselor.

My heart rate is 145 during cardio as far as I know.

Weird.
It sometimes happens to me also without doing any activity. Sometimes I'm laying down and I start to feel fear, don't know why, then the rapid palpitation, fear, shakyness and urge to run away take hold.

anxious people make me very uncomfortable, always moving their head 360 degrees, shaking their legs violently, awkwardly sitting with their backpacks on the edge of their seat

bump!

Anxiety might not be a cause, but a SYMPTOM of something that's wrong. Things like diabetes , a bad liver or kidneys, or even heart conditions can cause the type of response you're talking about. Read a study that said in the year prior to their heart attack, elderly patients reported having anxiety attacks that preceded their real heart attack. Maybe your body is trying to tell you something.

Are you having other symptoms outside of the anxiety episodes? It could be as simple as a nutritional deficiency. Remember, your brain will stop functioning properly if it's not receiving the appropriate amount of vitamins and minerals. Also, keep track of any weird spikes and dips in your blood sugar if you have any at all.

I used to have his too op. It was all the time, but when I worked out it got to where I thought I was going to die. It lasted about 6 months before it finally went away. I got over it by going to the doctor and actually having them tell me there was nothing wrong with me.

And if there is actually something wrong with you they will find it.

u suck at breathing.

i love the anxious dread/adrenaline rush i get before a hard workout.

it's awful when i get that feeling around people tho. social anxiety is a bitch.

You've conditioned yourself to have panic attacks when you lift, brah. Short fix: Go to doctor, get on meds, take as prescribed. Long fix: meditate, cognitive therapy, guided introspection, torturing yourself with anxiety

I hate this existential dread shit.

I have really bad anxiety and I usually get it before my runs, since I run pretty much right after breakfast (light breakfast/ 30 minutes to digest/run). I usually just sort of do this thing in my head where I say,
>"Okay, anxiety, you can do what you're gonna do, but I'm going to finish my run. It doesn't matter what I feel, I'm going to either finish my run or pass out trying."
And by the end, I usually feel completely better.

Make sure you're getting enough sleep.

See a therapist to learn how to deal with the anxiety.

It never goes away completely but it gets a lot easier.

There are no "short fixes". Meds will cover up the problem until they don't. And then it will be much worse.

Get on effexor.