Hey, Veeky Forums. Just curios on what your take on fruit consumption is...

Hey, Veeky Forums. Just curios on what your take on fruit consumption is. I eat a diet of no added sugar(I also try to get most of my fat from natural sources without adding any such as olive oil), but recently with all the concern about sugar being linked to cancer and all sorts of diseases , especially fructose, I've begun to wonder if eating fruit daily is really healthy.
Maybe I've simply acclimated to a low sugar diet, but fresh fruit seems to have gotten sweeter over the years whether through careful breading and possible additives(I picked up some 'fresh' blueberries the other day and the damn things tasted like they were soaked in sugar water.) Hell, even vegetables like carrots and cabbage taste sweeter to me than they did a few years ago.
But even supposing the sugar content of fruits and veggies aren't changing, the vitamin content of fruits vs meats and vegetables doesn't seem to justify fruit's added sugar. With as much vegetables as I eat, raw or cooked, I find that they have more than enough vitamins and minerals to justify not eating fruit, the only exception being antioxidants found in berries.
So am I better off just cutting out fruits or am I just being over-zealous?

If it fits your in your calories a piece or 2 of fruit won't kill you or have any negative effect
If you like having an apple every day or what ever do it

I woulden't be able to give ip fruits.

I can eat a 10lbs watermelon for dinner.

if you really can - cut em off. idk why no olive oil tho, thats not bad fat.

an apple is only like 100 kcal get amongst it

>I can eat a 10lbs watermelon for dinner.
And you wonder why you can't even bench press 3pl8, let alone 4pl8.

some fruits have beneficial antioxidants and phytochemicals, also stick with less sugary fruit ex. apples, watermelon. the fiber + water slows sugar digestion

>less sugary
>apple

i have nothing against fruit consumption but how?

eh i would rather consume glucose/dextrose, fructose has no effect on muscle glycogen so it's a waste of a carb to me

IIRC watermelon has so little fiber that it's one of the highest glycemic fruits

Don't judge me. I am ok otherwise.

>no sugar
>eat fruit
top kek

to be fair, fruits are low GI due to fiber so the negative effects you think about when you think about sugar don't really apply

Weight lifters who eat fruit build more lean mass than those who don't.
t. science

Im natty, I dont think the 0.1 kg of Lean mass matters

Sugars in fruit are the best sugars available to us, the are released slowly and they come with a lot of fiber and vitamins.

Humans are frugivores so we are supossed to eat fruits, and maybe some nuts.

Look up fruitarians, they only eat fruits and get all the macros they need.

Plus fruit is delicious.

"I don't understand science"
t. user

>This intake may suggest that an elevated intake of protein without metabolic need may induce reduction in FFM through increased PRAL (potential renal acid load). Stratifying the data into quartiles based on the ratio of fruits and vegetables to proteins and cereals, a significant and positive association was found between an increased ratio, such that the difference between the lowest and highest ratio were 1.05 kg FFM, 0.67% FFM%, and 0.32 kg/m2 FFMI.

>must eat fruit
>maybe some nuts
>some nuts...

What the fuck man. You just said I dont understand sience then u start talking nerd to me

What are you implying friendo?

I can't be bothered to find it but there was a study showing that fruit consumption was more strongly related with longevity than vegetable consumption. They aren't that nutritious compared to veggies but have lots of unique antioxidants, flavonols, phytochemicals etc. Not to mention they're tasty and filling. I eat 1-2 pieces of fruit a day - 2 preworkout, one before long walks on off days

>olive oil
>unnatural fat source
>bad for you
Not gonna make it.