>transphobic

>any word ending in -boo

>i feeeel
>i have a degree in..

>says "you" instead of "thou" and "thee"

i agree but what necessarily makes them wrong

Fuck off, neo-liberal.

Absolutely

But neo-liberals believe in progress and measures like HDI and GDP fervently, though. What makes OP a neoliberal?

I AM JODRAN, SON OF PETER
FEAR ME, MORTALS

>feel the bern
>social democrat
>late stage capitalism

>peak ______

HDI is accurate to a degree
smallpox vaccine was progress
the term "invisible hand" was used in jest from its inception
classical liberalism is a distinct and relevant political philosophy

>smallpox vaccine was progress
Material progress, sure. It always depends on what you mean by progress.

>market liberalization

Give me an example of something that is the opposite of spiritual progress, then explain why you would rather die of smallpox than have this happen.

>civilizational inflection point

allow gay people to file joint tax returns

China is undergoing an economic boom due to Deng's market reforms.

>""""""""""""Dark Ages""""""""""

1. Deng hasn't been Premier for decades, and his reforms are not Eisenhower-tier long-lasting improvements
2. China's growth figures have plateaued, which is why they're switching gears and adopting Xi thought

This

The OP image

What's wrong with late stage capitalism?

they take something irrelevant and claim it proves their meme theory

the idea that we're even in it, for starters

So what would it take to prove China's economy is currently more liberalized than it was under Mao?

The alternative to basic income is literally make-work forever keeping the majority from engaging in real work.

That's what it means when the economy is producing enough to keep 100% of people alive with the effort of only 10% of people. You pick whether you want to keep that 10% full of only the most efficient volunteers, or you want to create make sure there is no movement between them.

The idea of a market opening up is not the meme

The idea of China undergoing "market liberalization" because it lets state-controlled "private" corporations make shady deals with Western businessmen to acquire their best practices, while allowing neither real economic free-market principles nor major civil society improvements, is the meme

In between those two extremes, you have a sort of "Bitcoin mining", but for human innovation. If robots can do all menial labor, giving 400 million human beings access to unlimited information, millions of works of art and media, thousands of pages of math and technology, and no strictures on time will end up with something around a 0.00001% drop rate for substantive or worthwhile creations among that population. Multiplied by the number of times you roll the dice, it pays for itself if you have no other worries.

That's another filter that ruins it.

Either that's a form of basic income or it's a form of make-work.

The ideal would be an aggressively large basic income, ensuring that only people who are actually providing a real service can gain enough money to potentially damage the system.

ITT words people I don't like use

..you have never had or seen a person with smallpox have you?