What type of running shoes does /fit recommend? Looking to buy some new ones, but not break the bank

What type of running shoes does /fit recommend? Looking to buy some new ones, but not break the bank

Other urls found in this thread:

runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ive only tried addidas and nikes but also depends on the model and what your looking for. if you want good cushion get an adidas boost shoe or nike with lunarlon or some shit. my favoriteshave been nike frees because they are the fastest shoes ive worn but you cant run long distance in them over rough surface(i run on concrete in urban areas) or youll get blisters and fuck up your knees

Air Jordan 5 Retros.

Lol those are heavy as shit
If you want a shoe that will last awhile at a better price try asics. If you have more money, Nike is the way to go. Nike shoes are less durable but are a better shoe than asics. Try the airmax with flyknit on the website. If you want a basic Nike, Roshe 1's where it's at.

A good foot/gait analysis would help. Try Brooks website, they're shoe finder has some actual science in it.

Brooks, asics, saucony are the 3 running shoes that come to mind. Nike, adidas and such are others

This guy's got it. Asics and Brooks make shoes to withstand the miles. They may be clunky, but they're properly cushioned, and most of the time have models for pronation, supination, or flat feet.

Vibram memefingers

I got memed by them in 2010 and ran in those things for 6 years. 0 foot injury.

Just bought a new pair.

Fuck the haters i like them

Currently using Asic's Gel Fujitrabuco 4, and they are really good.

I'd also recommend PT-03 SC's by UKGear. A little hard to come by, but exceedingly good.

switching from cushioned shoes to barefoot shoes is a bad idea

I like these but I quit using them on pavement because it was fucking my knees. Do you use them on pavement or just dirt?

I'm a big fan of asics gel noosa triathlon running shoes, super light but with more support than minimalist shoes, and they keep your feet well ventilated and dry.

I have been running with the Brooks Adrenalines for four years now and I will probably continue to buy them as long as they are produced. Pic related is last year's model.

My brother has a similar relationship with the Mizuno Waveriders.

I'd recommend going to an actual running store and get yourself fitted by professionals to find a pair you like the best. Well worth the extra they charge.

Nike FS lite 2, picked them up for 70 us about a year ago
Only log 15-20 miles a week so can't speak for serious runners
Really comfortable, not too much cushion (though I'd probably fair better with a little less)
Not too much heel raise so midfoot strike is comfortable
I feel comfortable squatting in them, but DL I prefer to go shoeless

Not sure if I'm going to pick up the FS lite 3s or grab something a bit more minimal

do these run true to size? if im 9.5 should i go up a half size or do they fit pretty well?

I don't run anymore since i prefer swimming but damn the waveriders are so comfy i keep using them as normal everyday shoes.

Not that guy but minimalistic shoes in general aren't made for hard surfaces, and barefeet ones are even worse.
They're best to use on grass/sand/dirt where you would not want to actual want to be barefoot, haven't worn them but I am a fan of trail runners that have very little support.

Speedo Surfwalker

$25, zero drop, last forever, teach you to run lightly

Sorry I'm late as hell. Bikes usually run thin so if you're foot is shaped narrowly (like mine) they're true to size. If you have broader feet go a half size up.

New Balance shoes are good just don't be a fag and where them any time but running

*wear
Fuck my ass

Nike Pegasus and Nike Vomero My two go two choices

Adidas Response Boost.

Super light, not ridiculously expensive. Good cushion.

What are the best shoes for running on dirt roads? I live out in the country and there's no concrete around me.

dirt roads? same shoes as you'd wear on normal roads

but if you're talking about TRAILS, like the kind with a shitton of rocks and roots n shit, i suppose you could invest in a pair of trail running shoes. la sportiva's a good option there

Nike's are generally the worst for running. Asics, Brooks, and running new balances are the best way to go. You want as little height difference as possible from the heel to the toe, to promote a mid-foot cadence

Maybe that's what YOU want, but heel-to-toe drop is entirely personal preference. many elite runners in all distances often train in shoes with relatively high heel-to-toe drop.

nike rev 2s. probably 3s by now.

Do shoe needs change as you become more proficient at running?

Depends what kinda surface you running in

I fucking love my Brooks. 10/10 would recommend great support and you just don't think about them when you run.

Saucony is my shit. Go into a running store, they'll help tons

aasics kayano if you are around 200lbs or more and you have long runs.
aasics nimbus if you weight less

Also wondering this and nice
>dubs

runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor

Posted this before. This is what I use when I need new shoes. I just got another pair of ASICS.

saucony and asics are my two fave brands, fuck nike/adidas etc.

I'm using Brooks Ghost 8 right now and I love them, but they weren't cheap. It depends on your stride and whether you have any foot problems. I'd go to a running store to get fitted.

>tfw i used to overstride to run faster and i wasn't striking under centre of mass

depressing times, lad

i've used saucony shoes and asics before. i think i prefer asics just because they are a better shape for my foot and they seem a bit more durable. i'm currently using tri noosa 10's. they do the job pretty well. they are pretty padded and comfy. i haven't had any foot injuries

>has bought into the asics durability meme

i don't really think that shoe needs have to change as you become more proficient unless you are transitioning into something more hardcore like trail running or sprinting. my friend runs marathons/ultras and she just buys a bog standard pair of mizunos whenever the sole becomes worn down.

i guess the big thing is you should invest in a good quality pair of shoes and just pay attention to how much wear and tear they are accumulating

in general, beginner runners tend to start out with heavier shoes because they have more support and prevent injury (weight >11oz), and then move into more lightweight territory once theyve perfected their form (weight

>most comfortable running shoe you'll ever find

It's like running on a cloud with these shoes. I had a pretty bad knee injury two years ago that never fully recovered. These are the only shoes I've found that allow me to continue running without being in horrible agony.
Their traction on slick surfaces isn't very good, though. My only complaint.