What are some things you wish you knew before you started lifting? Share them so newfags don't fall for them...

What are some things you wish you knew before you started lifting? Share them so newfags don't fall for them. I'll start:

>Splits are useless if you are natty and not elite.
>You don't need a gram of protein per pound of your body weight. 0.8 grams is enough.
>Anabolic window is not a thing.
>Eating before going to sleep can mess with your digestion and also prevent you from sleeping well enough.
>Oats are a meme food. Obviously they are better than the crap most people eat, but they really aren't necessary at all. Especially if you are bulking; bulking on oats is a fucking nightmare.
>Glycemic index does not matter. Bread is fine.
>Train your fucking abs. Squats don't work them as much as Rippetoe would have you believe, especially low-bar squats.
>Train your forearms too.
>The whole "saturated fats are completely fine" thing is one enormous meme. If you have no health problems, are young and active, then you can tolerate more of them compared to the average guy, but still, people here eat way too much of it.
>Chicken drumsticks taste better and are higher in calories than chicken breasts.
>Boiling is a very easy way of cooking you can hardly fuck up, even though waiting for the water to cool down is a pain in the ass.
>Eat your fucking vegetables. No, don't take a multivitamin. Eat your vegetables and fruits you faggot.
>No, beans aren't an excellent source of protein. Their protein quality is low, and you need to eat massive quantities in order to get enough of them.
>Do not bounce the bar off your chest when doing bench. No. Trust me, do not even bounce it up just a little bit.
>Always stretch. Don't neglect it. You will not only fuck your form up and have trouble recruiting proper muscles, you will also possibly snap your shit up.
>Weighted dips are a dangerous exercise. That meme exists for a reason.
>If you are bulking and fond of sour-tasting things, olive oil with salt, lemon juice, and vinegar in it is your friend.

Other urls found in this thread:

sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/her-boobs-just-wont-stay-in-her-top_80036.html
sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/tigger-sleeps-naked-after-cleaning-up_87894.html
sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/tigerr-shows-you-whats-under-her-dress_87875.html
thetab.com/2015/07/16/british-people-ugly-45482
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130659113
telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/6542263/British-people-among-worlds-ugliest-according-to-BeautifulPeople.com.html
fashion-underground.uk/524/6-reasons-why-british-women-are-ugly/
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2564929/British-women-ugly-looks-important-thing-man-Founder-controversial-new-dating-site-pairs-rich-men-beautiful-women-opens-up.html
ign.com/boards/threads/why-are-british-people-so-ugly.453962019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>>Weighted dips are a dangerous exercise. That meme exists for a reason
bye dyel

like 80% of what you wrote is broscience

>eat your vegetables and fruit

For what purpose?

Carbs?

Micros

GBPs.

I get those from potatoes. Vegetables and fruit are literally meme foods.

>inb4 amerifat

Sauce on the thick asian.

must be sad being that stupid

>Do not bounce the bar off your chest when doing bench. No. Trust me, do not even bounce it up just a little bit.

But that's not what Mark "The Ripper" Rippetoe says!

Must be sad being that dyel.

Bump fucking hell she's hot

Exercise induces oxidative stress, fruits and vegetables have loads of antioxidants.
More antioxidants, less oxidative stress.
Less oxidative stress, faster recovery.
Faster recovery, more training.
More training, more gains.

Therefore fruits and vegetables give you more gains.

>macros are the only thing that matters

yeah, you would almost have to be an American to be this ignorant

I studied abroad and europe and it was full of skelly dyels. Stay mad.

>going to failure on every set is dumb and keeps you from hitting the gym more often
>protein powders are a meme
>pretty much all supplements and most programs are scams
>don't totally split for your first year at least. go full body, or ABxABxx

HIGHTEST
I
G
H
T
E
S
T

>beans aren't an excellent source of protein
Disagree with this, beans and lentils are great.

Anabolic window is just a little bit a thing too, a high carb meal after lifting is a good idea.

Weighted dips are fine.

Carbs aren't your enemy and don't be afraid to put on a bit of fat as long as you aren't too big to start off with.

> Boiling is a very easy way of cooking you can hardly fuck up, even though waiting for the water to cool down is a pain in the ass
nigga what do you just trow food in boiling water and then fish it out with your bare hands?

newfag here
>>Splits are useless if you are natty and not elite.
My former gymbro who introduced me to lifting said it's crucial to do back + triceps and chest + biceps on different days. He's sadly moved away though. Has he been tricked by memes or does it even matter if you do it on the same day or not?

>implying PPL won't get you muscle faster.

Splits are better for aesthetics. Look up PPL. You will progress MUCH faster on full body workouts. I did SL for an year and look shittier then my brother who did splits. Yet I lift more than him.

Go do SS or SL until you bench bodyweight than switch to a split.

>Squats are a dangerous exercise and should only be done if you have a purpose doing them

Srsly, if you're just lifting to stay in shape, then you don't need squats. Hell, even if you're an athlete, depending on the sport you won't even need to go heavy.

They're an okay source of protein, but are quite incomplete. To get a full amino acid complement, eat them with rice

Senior citizens can learn good squat mechanics, so can you.

Any grain really. And as I'm not scared of carbs, my diet being short on grains in not something I'm concerned about. Legumes have most of what you need but not methionine, grains have plenty of methionine but less of the others. A little grain complements a lot of legume.

But like I said, I house bread and pasta anyway.

All it takes is one minor lapse in focus to snap your shit up squatting famalam, hell even doing it 3 days a week like SS or Texas Method has you doing with perfect form will still fuck you up in the future.

Protect your back kids.

I really disagree, I think anybody who wants to move well, be strong, and be healthy should be doing some kind of squatting, pressing, pulling from the ground, and upper body pulling. Which is not to say you need to do any of those maximally.

Tigerr Benson

0/10

That's not Tigerr.

Fug I need sauce

>>You don't need a gram of protein per pound of your body weight. 0.8 grams is enough.
0,8 gram is still a lot, damn

Same chick?

Even that's (probably) a little high

Don't think so

That's not Tigerr, she has disgusting fake tits.

I'm starting to think it actually IS Tigerr Benson.

Google Images shows she's fat now.

I just preferred her young and tight...

sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/her-boobs-just-wont-stay-in-her-top_80036.html

sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/tigger-sleeps-naked-after-cleaning-up_87894.html

sexyandfunny.com/watch_video/tigerr-shows-you-whats-under-her-dress_87875.html

Preach, brother, preach. Glad you're willing to acknowledge the difference of outcomes between SS/SL vs PPL/Splits. At this point I don't think anyone will debate that the former will make you *stronger*. But there are still people that really think SS/SL will yield aesthetic gains just as fast as a split. They won't. They are different routines built to achieve different goals. Splits are used by all bodybuilders because they are focused on the fastest track to literally building the FORM/SHAPE of ones physique. The other is a functional strength method to move the most weight possible in the shortest amount of training time. That's the end of the story.

The fact that Veeky Forums still debates this baffles me. Two different tools for two different jobs. Yes, you can use one tool for the other job, but it's not as efficient and the results are less predictable.

B R E H

Training for aesthetics is ultimately useless and will make you look insecure and trying to compensate.

Nice trips tripfag.

I studied abroad and America was full of obese hippos. Stay fat.

The average European is in better shape than the average American, this is a stupid argument.

Provide your evidence that I'm fat bloke.

thetab.com/2015/07/16/british-people-ugly-45482

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130659113

telegraph.co.uk/women/sex/6542263/British-people-among-worlds-ugliest-according-to-BeautifulPeople.com.html

fashion-underground.uk/524/6-reasons-why-british-women-are-ugly/

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2564929/British-women-ugly-looks-important-thing-man-Founder-controversial-new-dating-site-pairs-rich-men-beautiful-women-opens-up.html

ign.com/boards/threads/why-are-british-people-so-ugly.453962019/

: )

I never said you were fat. I said the average America, of course there are exceptions.

I'm not British though so idgaf about any of that, but real good use of your time researching those links.