I've started Muay Thai and Wrestling with the goal of competing in one over the next year but its become apparent over...

I've started Muay Thai and Wrestling with the goal of competing in one over the next year but its become apparent over the past few months that my speed, power and athleticism needs to vastly improve.

Can you help me build a solid 3 day routine focussed on power and athleticism?

Current stats :
Height 5'8 /173cm
74kg

BP :72kg
SQ: 100kg
Dl: 140kg

My strength isnt the issue in sparring its more the explosiveness and things like jumping ability.

Muay Thai is on Mondays and Wrestling Wednesdays.

My gym has heavy bags, oly lifting platforms, Plyo boxes, chains etc so equipment isn't an issue.

I'm going to ramp up Muay Thai to 3 -4 times a week im the next few months.

Pls respond

>I'm going to ramp up Muay Thai to 3 -4 times a week forever

why ask questions you already have the answers for?

Even some tips on developing athleticism....

Even the best fighters supplement their training with strength and conditioning routines

Look up Juggernaut method or tactical barbell

>those arms in the 3rd pic
Fucking asking for a nice kick to the ribs

yeah world class athletes which op will never be. he probably walked in and thought he'd be tony jaa in 2 weeks.
go train for 3 years and then reflect on what you are missing. if your cardio sucks go for a jog.

>5'8

Forget it kid.

Haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while

I take it the manlet circlejerk is still going?

>goal of competing in one over the next year

>probably walked in and thought he'd be tony jaa in 2 weeks

Thanks for playing

concentrate on the one you are competing in. especially if it's muay thai, because you are going to get your shit wrecked training a few times a week.

...which is why I want to start working on my athleticism now... I don't know what you missed there but enjoy being a dickhead

I'm no pro, but I work out mainly for the purpose of becoming a better martial artist as well. I'd suggest you check out how other martial artists train on Youtube, there's plenty of good inspiration out there.
Basically what I do is run a normal strength program based around heavy compounds, and on top of that I add a lot of cardio, balance and explosiveness exercises:
Box jumps, battle ropes, sled, a lot of kettlebell stuff. Sounds like crossfit I know, honestly, they steal some pretty good exercises for functional strength. They just ruin it by using terrible form most of the time.

>>goal of competing in one over the next year
>1 training session a weak
kek

pro tip: go to training or else forget competing. i am sparing you a lot of pain.

Juggernaut methods I've heard good things about. Do you have personal experience with either?

>going to ramp up Muay Thai to 3 -4 times a week im the next few months.

What is reading

There's an article on T Nation called How to Train to Fight, basically a modified 5/3/1 with everything you're looking for.

Cheers, I'll have a look

I found Jugg to be very high volume and hard to recover from if I was doing Muay Thai as well (Im not a pro I train after work)

Tactical barbell was great for increasing my strength and cardio (which translates in to athleticism) and was very flexible imo, i found it easy to recover from and it didnt affect my MT sessions.

Jugg would be great if you plan to take a break from MT. For long term I would go with Tactical Barbell

don't expect competing in a year
get a gym that will you train way, way more.
practice your actual fighting more.

i don't know how competitive muay thai is when compared to boxing, but if they are anything alike, you are honestly going to get fucked up if you try competing after only a year of training 3-4 times a week.

i just do it recreationally like you, but all the boxers at my gym are training/sparring 6 days a week, sometimes twice a day, on top of their morning run. and they've been doing it for years.

That's pretty good advice.

From all the fighters I've a year of serious training is about how long they spent. That along with regular interclub sparring which I'll be ellible for a couple of months and that should give me a solid idea of how far away I am from fighting.

Anyway this thread was in hope that I might get some decent advice on a strength and conditioning programme I could run alongside MT training

Don't know why is there so much negativity ITT, I mean beaing competitive doesn't means going pro and expecting to be at the very top.

I would actually suggest bodyweigth/plyometrics/sprints, also as soon as you feel ready start sparring.

You can't increase your explosiveness. Just focus on jumping technique using boxes.

Yeah I wasn't expecting such a backlash for asking for genuine advice.

Plyos and sprints are a very good idea and will definitelybe added

I was thinking sprints one workout, throws and jumps for the others