Is coconut oil good fat?

is coconut oil good fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/supplements/Coconut Oil/
heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V2Al7upriUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wondering this as well, since it's a saturated fat.
40 year old "fit moms" say it's good but I never trust those niggas.

Yes , but has a shit ton of calories

It's not any different from other fats used in cooking:
examine.com/supplements/Coconut Oil/

Ignore the bullshit about it being better than processed oils (canola/soy etc). Ever crack open a coconut and get enough oil from it to cook with? Me neither. Go with what you like to cook with (taste etc...)

Saturated fat is the biggest load of mum science.
Stay away from transfats and you're set.
Don't think like people did 30 years ago. There's a reason that mum science exists

supposedly god-tier for post-brain injury eating

My gf is from belize and they use it for everything down there. Skin care, hair care etc

I don't know about good fat, but that shit does wonders for your skin. I put a little bit on my arms/face before I go to bed and it's silky smooth in the morning.

Also great in my beard, if you happen to have one.

Literally butter for hippies.

Sat fats are good for test, but keep it limited.

Better to get fats from chicken thighs or a similar fatty meat that is cheaper than breast

its a meme

you dont get acne for trapping your glands?

>Saturated fat is the biggest load of mum science.
>Stay away from transfats and you're set.
>Don't think like people did 30 years ago. There's a reason that mum science exists
this.

fat loss mags, the one show, loose women, davina mccall etc have made the process of losing weight into an interminable struggle for most women and i actually feel bad for people who are born with this with none of the knowledge and all of the willpower.

huh? natural concentration has nothing to do with health effects

Good fats are mainly unsaturated (poly and monounsaturated).

Coconut oil is almost all saturated. It has a higher proportion of a type of saturated fatty acid that doesn't raise cholesterol levels so it may be better than something like butter or lard, but it still has a significant proportion of the unhealthy fatty acids.

>people like this exist

It works great as anal lube.

No they are stupid

The only sources of saturated fat you should eat are pasture raised eggs and avocado

wasn't this the healthy eating meme of like 2002?

i bet they smell nice

No need to thank me

Yeah, anything that sounds exotic runs the risk of becoming a food trend, and if there's ANYTHING about it that could be construed as health-promoting, the media goes crazy with it.

>It has "MCTs"? THIS JUST IN, COCONUT OIL CURES CANCER

Hey did you just drop by from the 80s into this thread?

Or are you a margarine shill?

Official fat rankings:

>God tier
Omega 3

>Good from good sources only
Mono, Omega 6, Saturated, Ruminant trans

>Always shit
Trans, oxidised, refined

Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US.

Obesity epidemic.

Saturated fat and cholesterol has NOTHING to do with this.

Are you sure about Omega 6?

Coco nut oil is based as fuck.
Great for your skin. I even use it for my dick and balls when I shave. Dick is smooth as fuck and smells great. Bitches love it.

>saturated fat has nothing to do with this

Havent done your biology homework

Omega 6 is an essential fatty acid - if you don't eat enough you will suffer and eventually die. The problem is when most of the west is chugging them by the kilo and fuck up their O3:O6 ratios

What?

Of course saturated fat and cholesterol contribute to heart disease

heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/HealthyEating/Nutrition/Saturated-Fats_UCM_301110_Article.jsp#.V2Al7upriUk

>American heart association

Yes good goy, shill for daddy.

>dat non-sequitur

>it has good marketing but is pretty shitty

overall cold pressed olive oil is still the king

>dat damage control

Don't you have some soy foods to sell or something?

>it's a global conspiracy against bacon!

not him but I use olive oil to moisturize my face skin and I get less pimples than before

>Ignore the bullshit about it being better than processed oils (canola/soy etc). Ever crack open a coconut and get enough oil from it to cook with? Me neither. Go with what you like to cook with (taste etc...)

>soybean oil is just as good as coconut oil

top kek. Get the fuck out of here.

unbelizeable

you get acne from bacteria not oil on your face.

it doesnt matter much if you eat it.
but listen to me:
THIS SHIT IS AMAZING FOR YOUR SKIN AND HAIR.

I'm really serious, just google it.

Yeah its fantastic.

I use it in my hair twice a week.

This is just conspiracy nonsense.

Heart disease is the number one killer in the US, not number two.

The standard american diet doesn't contain that much vegetable oils. It is however extremely high in saturated animal fat and cholesterol. What do you think causes heart disease?

heh

(You)'d

that would excite me but literally the best two things about me are my skin and hair