You're SUPPOSED to drop the weight when you're doing deadlifts right??...

You're SUPPOSED to drop the weight when you're doing deadlifts right??? All those people that looked at me funny when I dropped my weight were just dyel fags, r-right?

Or am I autistic!?!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SaYX-7emO4U
youtu.be/MEIkpeoS408?t=213s
youtu.be/aQexpyc4Nas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you're doing one plate then you have no reason to drop the weight.

If you're doing heavy weight than trying to lower the weight down can put your spine at risk. I don't think it's worth it just to appeal the people who come to the gym to tone and use the stair climber.

lower it gently, don't bang it like an attention desperate fag
some faggot was slamming weights around today deadlifting 3pl8
I've seen guys do 5 and lower it gently, if they can do it so can you

Lower it swiftly but don't drop it. Especially true for gyms targeted towards geriatrics and losers with cheap equipment.

Drop it and then scream to release the negative oxygen in your lungs from the strain of dead lifting.

Youre a fag

on singles or the end of a heavy set like 405x3 I always try to hold the lift at the top then let it down as slow as possible in a controlled manner that wont fuck my back and that has actually improved strength a shit ton over dropping the weight or letting it down fast and uncontrolled

Depends, how much do you lift?

Are there bumper plates and platforms, or are you smashing metal weights on the concrete floor with a thin layer of rubber over them?

also at the top of each rep, shout in an Icelandic accent "there is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

Broscience covered the culture about that pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=SaYX-7emO4U

You're supposed to scream "Yeah, buddy! Light weight! LIGHT WEIGHT! Ain't nuttin' but a peanut!"

Watch Swole Natty Black Guy for an example of how it's done.

youtu.be/MEIkpeoS408?t=213s

Do you even want to make it, user?

>faggot deadlifting 2pl8
>using belt
>dropping weight and screaming after every rep
For what purpose?

no, finish the movement properly.

Letting go of the bar from lockout - No
Letting bar drop without resistance but still holding the bar so you can guide its path - Yes

I do this

No you're not. Unless you're always doing one rep max for PR gains. I hate fags who do 12x3 with babyweight dropping it each rep like "hey look at me". You don't need to lower it slowly risking your back, but at least control the weight on the way down.

Hang on, you mean picking up heavy shit and putting it down in a controlled manner increases strength?! My whole routine of spastic movements is shot!

It doesn't matter how much you have on the bar. If you're repping more than 1 you shouldnt drop it.

do this if you never want to talk again

It isn't a full rom if you drop the weight.

If you drop it then you have only completed half the rep

I let the weight control my motion downward and do the opposite of my pull up back to starting position. After fixing my form it has more of a "drop" to it vs before where I could pretty much slowly lower it if necessary.

There shouldn't be a problem if you're doing a proper deadlift, the entire point is to not tire yourself out on the drop.

wanna know how I know you've never deadlifted over 2pl8

>being a bitch and not doing full rom
I bet you pull sumo

Depends. Are you:
>Lifting more than 2x your bodyweight?
>Lifting 4 pl8 or more?
>Failing a rep and needing to drop the weight for safety?
If so, then feel free to drop that weight son, If you're one of those faggots who screams out, hurls the bar at the ground, and is lifting about 70% of their body weight, just put the bar down normally.

Generally I lower it quickly, and only drop if my form is breaking down and it's a safety issue.

Holding the deadlift at the top before putting it down is a static hold, and basically amazing for grip strength. Good work user, you have a nice habit there. I wish somebody had told me about these when I was a dyel, since my grip strength is abysmal.

>Each rep
Ahhahhahahah fuck my sides

No, you dumb piece of shit. That's only for competition faggots so they can maximize the weight on the bar during the pull and not have to worry about putting it back down.

If your goal is TO GET STRONGER there is no fucking reason to drop the weight. Master lifting it AND putting it back down, this makes you stronger, faggot.

>be at gym
>old dude (around 50) doing 3pl dl's
>smashing them against the floor everytime he descends and then drops them at his last set rep
>there's a sign literally 1.5m infront of him saying "don't smash/drop weights against the floor since it damages it"
>he doesn't give a shit
>his banging was incessantly loud
>i wanted to point this out to him but didn't know how to not do it autistically
what would you have done?

I deadlift over 500lbs and have never let go of the bar when deadlifting. Its just autistic and trying way too hard to look cool.

The only reason for it is as one user said, if you are failing a rep and don't want to try to bring the bar down controlled for safety reasons.

I cringe when I see some fanny wearing straps drop the bar when it has like 3 plate on it.

>That fag who pulls 3 pl8 sumo, does 3 rep sets and bangs the weight
And then I realised it was 3 15kg plates, so barely more than 2 pl8.
Fucking dyels

>That's only for competition
In most competitions the lift will not count if you drop the bar.

Guy at my gym used to deadlift about 2.5 plates, with sets of about 5 reps i guess. He would shriek loudly at the top of every. single. rep.
Not just a grunt but a full on high pitched shriek. On top of that he'd drop the bar for every rep.

It was a fucking nightmare being in the weight room with him.

Fairly new lifter here, went for 3pl8 today. As I was locking it out everything looked and felt...fuzzy, for a second. Wtf happened? Was it my first moment of leaving humanity behind?

The way I was trained, slowly lowering the weight is a ticket to snap city. You don't just let go of the weight and let it drop. Keep your hands on it, but yes, it should make noise going down. That's the whole point of bumper plates.

You were probably close to passing out desu. I once went blind for a few minutes after a set of squats. It means you're pushing yourself, keep it up but just be careful.

You almost passed out due to lack of oxygen; it takes a lot of useful, oxygenated blood to fire your muscles, and sometimes there isn't enough left to maintain the essentials of the body . Make sure you are taking full, deep breaths every rep or two. If you don't know the Valsalva Maneuver, look it up.

Thanks, was worried thats what it was. I tend to blast through on deads and dont breath enough, gonna have to fix that now then

>he doesn't work the negative

here are some of the heaviest deadlifts ever done:
youtu.be/aQexpyc4Nas

notice how none of them just drop it, and notice how the heaviest deadlift ever was put down relatively gently.

>Or am I autistic!?!?
>!?!?

figure it out

sure. i hope you didn't forget to scream right? maybe thats why they were looking at you. next time scream like an ogre. fucking newbs mate i swear....

>people don't like it when you drop an empty bar to the ground
really?