/routine general/

Previous thread >CUTE edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

God damn, that's what Isley's pulling now? Shit, son.

No that was in 2015. He's stronger now.

Why haven't you killed yourself degenerate?

He pulls less now and weighs more so you're wrong

need help.

Just started a tm ppl. It is volume push day.

Last volume day i did 5x8x120, today i struggled with 115x6 for 5 sets.

..why am i weaker? Do i just need more rest days?

Forgot to mention lift was overhead The Press

Rate my routine trappy. Progressively overload and I'm usually in the gym for an hour.

PUSH

Butterflys 3x8
Weighted Dips 2x10
Shoulder Press 3x8
Upright Rows 2x8
Skull Crushers 3x8
Planks 3x90s

PULL

Pull Ups 3x8
Seated Row 3x12
Close Grip Pull Downs 2x20
Bar Curls 3x12
Planks 3x90s

LEGS

Squats 3x8
Leg Press 2x12
Standing Calf Raises 3x10
Seated Calf Raises 2x10
Planks 3x90s

I don't dead lift or bench press, because I believe they're meme lifts. I'm only going for aesthetics.

Name someone aesthetic who doesnt bench.

Arnie deadlifts.
Zane deadlifts.
Ronnie deadlifts
Yates deadlifts
Name an aesthetic, besides artemus dolgin, who doesnt deadlift.

I don't bench and I'm aesthetic, brah. Weighted dips work the whole chest, like nothing else. Pic related, my body.

Any one has experience with Greg nuckols programs? I feel like I'm reaching my LP limit and will need to change program soon. I would do the TM but I want to incorporate different variations of the main lifts (like front squat and sumo deadlift)

lookin good dude

height?

please don't incentivise isley to come out of his containment thread

he's a 5'7 MANLET

seems tall

Hey trappy,

How important is general mobility for the 3 main lifts and general fitness?
how often should i do mobility work?
Is Starting stretching a good workout?

Yes it is. You can do that or Agile 8, and jumping rope is a good idea too

What's good 3 day routine for a permacut who's all stalled on SS/linear progression?

Don't care if it's full body, ppl, brosplit, etc. but please give me a specific routine

And don't link the damn sticky. It has nothing for 3 day splits except TM and that's not doable on permacut (noobgains phase is over :()

Going to start running Reg Park's next week after 3 months of shitty, self programming and was wondering if it is feasible to add 2x8-12 hyper extensions as an accessory at the end of each work out. As i have a weak lower back and feel some extra attention would help. Would this be fine or overkill or be fine?

on starting strength do you alternate between workout a and b or just do one?

How did you build the chest then? Pushups? Flys?

this is so true. i got to 1.5x BW bench and had no chest, but once i made dips a main movement in my routine my chest started growing. i don't bench now either

Not that guy but there are plenty of ways to build chest if bench is unavailable or you just prefer not to. Dips, then weighted dips. Pushups are a good place to start but as with all bodyweight exercises you have to progress on to something harder. Haven't met anybody who could hold a planche who didn't have an aesthetic chest as well. Actually that's not true, there are really skinny people who can do it but there are plenty of fatbodies who bench too.

Hey guys

I'm in the op

Oh shit waddup

here come dat op

Not sure if my question is that dumb but I'll ask again if it's really bad tobswitch the upper and the lower work on SS so it becomes:

>A
Bench Press
Squats
OHP

>B
Bench Press
Deadlifts
Press

Am I not going to be able to recover? What do you think are the pros and cons for a novice (squat is 90kg, bp - 80, dl - 120, press - 50)

Does it matter if I do bench press and BB rows on the same day?

The reason you do squats first is because they are the hardest and most complex of the exercises. You want to be rested and focussed when doing them. Same reason oly programming puts the most conplex lift at tje start (after a warmup)

That's fine. I'm cool with doing squats first. My question concerns more the fact that I'll be doing bench and ohp three times a week and not squats and dls. I'm ware it will no longer be SS and just a random linear progression but I was wondering if I'll be able to adapt, recover progress.

Izlee went on roids and got fat and now pulls less than that.

These are the people giving you advice, when even going on roids they're failing.

For the user who was asking about it last thread (?)

Here's an interesting vid, with Max Aita who trained with Abadjiev himself.

Critique of Squat Everyday | Bulgarian Style Training

youtube.com/watch?v=rL5XEqyEGpU

Week 1 AxBxAxx
Week 2 BxAxBxx
Week 3 AxBxAxx
Week 4 BxAxBxx
and so on

fitsticky.com/starting-strength

There are lots of 3-days programs on fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

Probably not, but depends on your program.

Many people prefer doing the upperbody stuff before the squats

That sounds fine.

I describe and detail failure on fitsticky.com/novice-programs
Just ctrl+f "Failing"

Some help?
I want to workout mon-fri
>leg press
>didlifs
>Leg extension
>Lying leg curl
>calf extension on legpress
>bicep curl
>Dumbbell fly
>Bench
>THE PRESS
>Weighted decline situps
>Dumbbell pullover
>Barbell row
>Standing dumbbell tricep extension
>Palm-up wrist curl
>Lat pulldown
>Pullups
>Tricep kickback

How to space these out to where I can gym the entire workweek?

Also having to break from squats until me ankle is healed and its got full ROM again

Trappy do you do form checks in here as well? And where else is good places to get form critique? New to lifting

Look up 5/3/1 simplest strength template

completely new to lifting and just started SL 5x5

I run a lot, and I'm scared that it'll kill any gains. Is 5 miles twice a week on off days ok as long as a eat to make up for it?

Speaking of eating, anything wrong with just staying at maintenance for now and see where I go? (skinnyfat former fatty who lost weight through cuts and cardio).

What's the best way to work shoulder stabilizers when doing a barbell routine?

Trappy, three questions:

1. Currently doing Madcow, but I can't get my squat to go further than 100 kg. I add weight but I can't do the recommended reps or I do them with terrible form, then I have to deload. What kind of acessory could I add to make my squat go up more smoothly?

2. What really changes in the bench press when using different hand placements (wide vs narrow grip)?

3. What are the possibles cause for my pec imbalance? The left one is much bigger than the other, and the only exercises I do that hit them are bench presses and OHPs.

Thanks

What set x rep range do you guys enjoy for incline/decline bench? I do those after muh volume bench day (5x10) but doing the same amount of reps/sets just runs me to the ground desu. Should I go with 4x8 or maybe 3x10?

How's my current split? I'm probably late novice/early intermediate and going for a powerbuilding kind of approach.

PLPxABx

Push:
Bench 3x4-6
OHP 3x4-6
Incline DB bench 3x8-12
Dips 3xF
Supersetted 3x8-12 lat raises, tricep extensions, flyes

Legs:
Squat 3x5-6
Deadlift 2x5-6
Plate loaded leg press 3x8-12
Optional (depending on level of exhaustion) leg curls and extensions

Pull:
DB rows 3x4-6
Weighted chins 3x5
Cable Rows 3x8-12
Lat Pulldown 3x8-12

A (Lower)
Pause squats 6x4
Pause deadlifts 3x4
same accessories as before

B) (upper)
Pause bench 6x4
db rows 3x4-6
OHP 3x4-6
Chinups 3xf

This is mostly based on modifications to Candito's LP, which I've been doing for a while, but I'm looking to increase volume significantly which is why I came up with this. I feel like my pull day is lacking but I'm not sure what to add (I really don't find curls necessary for my bicep development) and I'm also not sure how effective my lower body training will be as my lifts continue to increase, though linear progression is still giving me decent results atm

Trappy is this a good routine to use after SS for aesthetic gains?

I've been doing greyskull LP 2 with dips added on deadlift day and hammer/supinating curls on monday/friday respectively.
Im having issues increasing my OHP, im stuck at 36 kg now. Are there any accessory exercises i could add that could perhaps help?

TL;DR: OHP stalling, want info on other lifts that can help

I had pretty good success with lat raises personally. How is your bench doing?

I'll try to incorporate them then, which day would you recommend? Same day as dips/deads?

Bench is going good, havent stalled once, and increased over 10 kg since i started, though i fear i might stall the next time.

Dumbbell ohp

That should be fine. I was on SS when I did them but I had them at the end of every bench workout so you should get similar volume that way. If your bench is fine then it almost certainly is either a shoulder weakness or a form issue. Have you looked over the stuff on trappy's website about OHP form?

and when should i incorporate them in the program, every OHP day and for the same rep/sets?

Probably yes, my shoulders are still fairly small while my chest is growing nicely. I havent looked at his site no. for form advice i've mostly gone on stronglifts due to his indepth explanations but well, might be doing something wrong.

I've been doing SL since February and switched to 3x5 a bunch of workouts ago.
I'm beginner.

So, today I met a friend who has been lifting for the last 11 years and is now a certified instructor with our national olimpic association.
I told him about my switch and he said 5x5 is good but I shouldnt do all 5 sets with a set weight, instead go 60-65-70-75-80% of my 1RM.
Thoughts?

Today I tried doing 72.5kg bench 3x5 after doing 70 for 2 times but had to deload to 70 after the 1st set since I struggled to even do 4. thank god for the spotter

>feeding /lgbt/-tier tripfagging attention whores for months on end

wew lads

Yeah you could do same reps and sets or slightly more but with lighter weight

..pls respond

How's this?

AxxAxBx

A:
Squat 5x5
Bench 5x5
Row 5x5
-Assistance-
Seated calf raise 4x10-15
Face-pull 3x15-20

B:
Squat 5x5
Overhead press 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
-Assistance-
Chin-up 3x8-12

If I'm on a 4k+ cal bulk and rest like 10 hours a day would I be fine doing this routine

A
Squat 5x5
Deadlift 1x5
Bb row 5x5
Incline bench 5x5
The press 6x5

Accessories
Curls 4x10
Tricep extensions 4x10
Leg extensions 4x10
Leg curls/ nordic curls 4x10
Leg raises 4x40
Lateral/rear flies 4x10
Shrugs 4x10

B
Front squats 5x5
Deadlift 3x5
Bench 5x5
Weighted chinups 5x5
The press 5x5
+accessories

And the run the typical AxBxAxx ... BxAxBxx

My dad wants to start going to the gym with me, what kind of routine would you suggest? He is 48, rides a bike or jogs a couple times a week, but hasn't been to the gym consistently for decades. I was thinking push-pull routine (AxBxAxx, BxAxBxx) with machines and dumbells for about two months to increase his strenght. After that I might switch the machines to free weights. Anything special I should take into consideration?

SS + GOMAD

He will never learn, will he?

i'm doing the standard SS, with 2 accessory lifts after each workout. is there any harm in supersetting these accessory lifts (all upper body) with leg press or other exercises that don't hit the same muscle group to help support my main lifts a bit more?

>A / Monday / Volume Day
5x5 Bench Press
5x5 Back Squat
5x5 Weighted Chinups
3x8 Lat Raises
3x15 Cable Crunches

>B / Wednesday / Light Day
3x5 Front Squat
3x5 Overhead Press
3x5 Barbell Row
3x8 Weighted Dips
3x10 Ez-Bar Curls
3x10 Leg Curls

>C / Friday / Intensity Day
1x5 Bench Press
1x5 Back Squat
1x5 Deadlift
3x8 Incline Dumbbell Fly
3x8 Rear Delt Flyes
3x8 Incline Hammer Curls
3x15 Cable Crunches

Typical TM progressions on stuff. Feels nicely balanced.

OK.
permacut fag here.
you helped me write a push/pull tm split, as i am a huge faggot neither squats nor deadlifts... anywho that shit had too much volume...

convince me not to go on this slightly modified kino program....

A.
Press: 3 sets – 4-6 6-8 8-10
Weighted Pull-Ups: 2 sets – 4-6, 6-8 (should i do chin instead? he said pull ups...)
Floor Press: 2 sets – 6-8, 8-10
Lateral Raises: 12-15 reps + 4 sets of 4-5 reps (rest pause)

B.
Clean: 2 sets - 6-8, 8-10 reps (as i don't front squat, my clean is lightweight, it is fun for me, though)
Hip thrust: 3 sets - 4-6 6-8 8-10 reps
Reverse wrist curl: 2 sets - 8-10 10-12
Calf Raises: 2 sets x 8-10, 10-12

Friday: Upperbody
Floor Press: 3 sets – 4-6, 6-8, 8-10
Press: 2 sets - 6-8, 8-10
Row: 2 sets – 6-8, 8-10
Shrug: 2 sets – 6-8, 8-10
Rear Delt Flyes: 12-15 reps + 4 sets of 4-5 reps (rest pause)

forgot stats
press - 140x3
chin - 1pl8x3
hip thrust - 300x5
floor press - 200x5 (tfw chestlet)

God shut the fuck up

I linked the fires. Don't really know half of what went on but i enjoyed every minute of it. Moving forward to 2.

Long story short, I had an accident 2 months ago that made me unable to walk(not permanently).
Now I can walk around with the help of a cane and finally the doctor has said that I can go back to lifting, but only as I don't use my legs.

The question is what kind of routine can I perform that will give me back my gains and can be performed 3 to 4 times a week?

I really don't have an idea of how to separate only upper work into that many workouts.

bump

A:
bench 5x5
pulldowns 5x8
hanging leg raises 2x20

B
Deadlift from knees 5x5
oh press (db or barbell, whatever i feel like doing) 5x5
farmers walks 2 laps of the gym

C
squats 3x5
barbell curls 5x6