London mayor bans ads with "unrealistic bodies" on public transport

London mayor Sadiq Khan has banned all ads promoting a negative body image on the Transport for London (TfL) network.

Khan initially pledged to ban ads that encouraged "unhealthy or unrealistic" body images back in his mayoral election manifesto.

telegraph.co.uk/women/life/london-mayor-sadiq-khan-bans-body-shaming-ads-from-public-transp/

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/13/sadiq-khan-londons-first-muslim-mayor-bans-ads-wit/

Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Veeky
politics.co.uk/news/2016/03/30/sadiq-khan-there-are-too-many-white-men-on-transport-for-lon
youtu.be/FtA21eiSmT8?t=2m46s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow, a Muslim politician went back on his word...color me surprised

>unhealthy or unrealistic

you realize they consider being thin and nice as fitting this criteria right?

shoulda quoted u im a dip

>has done exactly what he pledged to do
>implying that not all politicians regardless of religion go back on their word

>Protection from feelings > freedom of speech

And by a Muslim, no less. I know where this story is headed....

What the fuck?? Is this real? Is he really feeding the fats with pity? Wow, what a guy.. I swear if that happens here I will kill those responsible.

>young and healthy
>unrealistic
ebin, simply ebin

>sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fwomen%2Flife%2Flondon-mayor-sadiq-khan-bans-body-shaming-ads-from-public-transp%2F

Is the issue the image? Or the words next to the image? I could see the words as being "shaming", but not the image per se. It's just a person in a bikini. If his problem is with the image per se, then we have a real civilizational problem here and he should not be in public service. .

>I could see the words as being "shaming"
this raises the question of why we aren't shaming the overweight and obese.

I still don't understand what exactly is supposed to be unhealthy or unrealistic about her body. She's thin, yeah but since when is that unhealthy?

>See thread about this
>Minimize it
>Next thread
>Same image same topic
Fuck sakes m8s

the fact that they publicly announced this tells me that its an publicity stunt.
you could just not do it anymore in quiet.

this is 100% symptom of fat acceptance

They mean anorexic or photoshopped.

>London mayor Sadiq Khan
>LONDON mayor
>SADIQ KHAN
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Muslims are the worst things in society. I can't wait until the race war.

That was my reaction as well.

>I can't wait until the race war.
Keep waiting lad

Your neck will end up on a guillotine soon, Mohammed, so make the best of it

Because we are in an age when a person's right to be emotionally shielded from the truth is more immigrant that the truth itself. We must all stick our heads in the sand and live in delusion like fearful children. I'm not even kidding . It's a very real cultural shift. Even the last bastion of truth seeking - the universities - are now under close scrutiny for their professors behaviour. Professors now that self censoring.

>" Your neck will end up on a guillotine soon, Mohammed, so make the best of it "

Don't you mean beheaded?
>ALLAHU AHCKBAR

Too many people nowadays mask their insecurities under a blanket they call "confidence" or "self-acceptance". I mean it's great that you love yourself but stop getting so easily offended. The model was probably glad she got featured, but now no one wants to see her because the slogan is implying that the viewer is unfit, or that their current body isn't good enough. In all honesty, what ever body you have in summer is the one that was ready for it.

No you won't, you fucking beta faggot that acts tough on an image board. You won't.

It seems like the link between academia and denying the truth is from Foucault (historian, philosopher and social activist) and other post-structuralist thought where they showed that our ideas are at least partly determined by what kind of societies we live in.

Once that happened people started to use Foucault's "everything is a social construct" to mean "everything I don't like is a social construct". The questioning of our sense of reality turned into a way of denying anything which makes anyone upset or causes cognitive dissonance.

but some people do have standards about what kind of body they'd be comfortable parading around - the ad is catering to them.

>London mayor Sadiq Khan
Whaddup, they not in turbans yet. is it too much skin for you sand nigger

He's openly racist too. It's just towards white people so nobody cares

Example with source?

politics.co.uk/news/2016/03/30/sadiq-khan-there-are-too-many-white-men-on-transport-for-lon

>FUCK MERIT

Let's hire by race.

Color washing is just as bad as white washing.

Fucking cucks.

The more attention you give to issues like this (media-content, correct language, shared opinions etc.) the more opportunity there is for the weak to see themselves as important, relevant etc. because affecting human opinion requires almost no worthwhile characteristics.

If someone spams twitter with images someone else made or writes an article they "achieve" something which requires no interaction with the reality outside human opinion and as such there's no challenge and none of the stimulus which everyone needs to activate the skills which make up a strong, healthy human.

No bikinis allowed on ads. Only fully covered women, as per Sharia law.

>London mayor Sadiq Khan
>Sadiq Khan
>bans ads with "unrealistic bodies"

fucking chubby poo in loo should ban himself, he is so tiny and ugly that it is just fucking unrealistic.

Is London lost? Thanks to "democracy"? The Brits once conquered the Earth, kek.

attractive women are haram
t. mayor of london

shit is he like 5'2"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The issue is that she's in a bikini. He's a Muslim. Not sure why this is surprising people.

imo UK seems to be lost to the point of no return. Beach body is now haram

youtu.be/FtA21eiSmT8?t=2m46s

5' 11" actually.

More like
>attractive women are only for shitskins and not the whites anymore so they shouldn't be put on display for them

We have this thread every 5 minutes.

Who fucking cares about britbongs. Why do you give so much importance to a city in a small island ruled by a muslim paki and populated with horribly disfigured people worshipping (in the current year) a monarch. They don't even have beaches to begin with, why should they care about being beach body ready

u wot m8

There are so many ppl sunbathing down there m8 I can't even

God this video. These fucking people. It's too late for britbongs.

Can't deny we have about 3 days a year where it's actually nice, hot weather.

We do have some nice coastline and beaches though.

Holy shit, didn't know about this height disparity.

Should have voted for Zach desu (didnt vote at all hehe).

Could only end badly with a turbo-manlet in charge.

same shit every year

jesus, insecure people make me sick (including myself)