3x a week

or

6x a week?

I lift 7 days a week and cardio 4x a week

mah niggah

3x if you're bulking

6x if you're cutting

uhhh the other way

btw this is under the assumption that you're doing the same amount of lifts per week

3x:
monday = chest & triceps

6x:
monday = chest

ect.

fucking retards

I haven't taken a day off in 3 months.

Know how I can tell none of you actually lift?

My workouts take 2-3 hours everyday. I build up to 365 bench and hit it 3x7. I bench and squat everyday.

You're literally a living meme or a bitter old faggot.

You're a fucking idiot.

Cool that you admit you are a fraud.

Moron

Wait i thought lifting too much is harmful. At max you should lift 3 times a week.

Are those rocky movies and Hollywood actually correct?
The harder and more often you train, the more gains you get?

How so?

Oh your memeing, np

Different methods, different goals, different circumstances.

I do a 6 day split.

Legs
Back
Chest
Legs
Shoulders
Bi/tri

Doesn't mean I lift 6 days a week. I try to but listen to my body and take a day or two off when I'm spent.

Whats your point?

meh I train every day as well as a natty. The whole 'your muscles grow on rest days' is a meme. My legs will grow tomorrow while I train my shoulders, then my shoulders will grow on thursday while I train my back, so on so forth

beginners should take rest days, but once you reach a certain point and your programming is stellar you can train every day easily

Read this post and you should it be self-evident that the person who posted it is clinically retarded and fails at even the most basic logic.

So everyone seems angry about this...

Can I get a chill and collected fella to explain the best schedule for gains?

Just do the old chest-tris, back-bis, shoulders-legs and then do one more day of full body. Then if you feel the need and have the time you can add one or two more.
If you're a beginner don't even think of doing more than 4 days. Just do SS or some shit.

Lol nice autism

>best schedule for gains
Meaningless question if you don't specify what "gains" you want.

Strictly aesthetic

the reason is EVERYTHING WORKS (certain arnold said this but can't find it). Different people find preferences but all routines will add size and strength when you're eating and sleeping right. Especially as a beginner.

I started with PPLx and liked it but I can see the logic of a 3day fullbody program weekly and would probably start with that if I could do it over. Though I still hit 1/2/2/4 1RM in about 7 months on a non-strength routine.

Do 3x if you're a novice, it'll give you more recovery time which is what you need. 6x if you're more experienced/on the gas.

i do a 6 day split

CHest an Bi's
SHoulders and Bi's
Back and Bi's
Legs and Bi's
Tri's and Bi's
Bicep day (This one is my favourite)

Haven't made much progress yet but my arms really hurt so it's probably working.

Working Chest/Tri or Back/Bi in the same day is dumb. You aren't going to be able to hit the main muscle group as hard since you're burning out the secondary group. I do bi/Tri in their own day.

Depends on your body. There are 7 types of people in research i think.

Its all about volume, frequency, and intensity. You need to discover how your body works.

Its just kind of a spectrum of time gains and effort.

Some people can lift 4x a week and have great results. Some need to lift 7 days per week.

Some people get strong and massive fast, others are late bloomers and it doesnt kickstart for months or years.

Some people make gains for their whole life. Some people get to a plateau and dont conquer it for 2years, then after that gains galore.

Those guys that blew up in the start might be one of the guys who has a really low peak, and those guys making no gains at all for 2-5 years might have an insane potential that they just need to stubbornly unlock.

Then i guess there are sick people who cant make any gains but thats like 1 in a million.

>I don't understand how resistance training works

this is the worst thread on Veeky Forums today

THIS OP

Itt: idiots. Litterally everyone

I'm at the gym and I showedy bro all these replies and he's lhfamo

... that's why you do the main muscles and compound movements first feggit

brehs...

4x

Upper/Lower masterrace

Then you are not working out hard enough.
I go to the gym 3-4 days a week and each time I go I get DOMS which make working out impossible.
I have also been lifting for 3 years. You need to work harder not longer.

2 to 6, depending on your goals

I've been lifting for over half a decade and I rep 3/4/5 at 175lbs bw.

The only way I get DOMS is when I switch it up to higher volume (20-30 rep range) with 1/2/3/4. If you are still getting DOMS to the point that you can't work out anymore you are probably a fatfuck who is eating at a ~500 cal deficit, or you don't sleep enough.

Don't lecture me faggot. I've seen most CBTs on Veeky Forums. Not many of you are even close to my level.

>what is bench?
>what is rows

What are you even doing for 3 hours in the gym? I workout for 90 minutes or so and that's less than a minute rest between sets doing max effort singles on compounds until I'm drained

There is no "best schedule for gains." Experiment and find what works best for you, the best schedule is one that you will stick with long term.

Its closer to 2 hours. Its a mix of generous breaks and seeing a lot of people you know in a 2hour time window.

Also i go for a certain feeling while i warmup and somedays its slower than others.

Cool that you admit you are a lazy ass bitch

>and seeing a lot of people you know in a 2hour time window
well there's your problem

No I don't. If something, you are only hurting yourself if you lift weights 6 times a week when on a caloric deficit.

The optimal routine for cutting is to lift 3 times as heavy as humanly possible and have higher protein intake.

On a bulk (caloric surplus) you can endure higher volume and hypertrophy training.

Same way senpai, I don't get why everyone is in a rush to leave the gym