How do I get stronger Veeky Forums...

How do I get stronger Veeky Forums. I'm what you would call a novice lifter that started lifting a while ago but for some reason, no matter- I can't go past the 40-45 kg bench. And that's on the fucking smith machine.

What do I do Veeky Forums?

eat more, fag

And is it weird that I struggle to do more than 3-5 push-ups after another? I'm 80 kg of skinny fat trying to burn it into muscle for reference (5'11 height)

start doing accessories that aide in making your bench stronger. Start getting stronger triceps and that should help

>turn fat into muscle
you can't "turn" fat into anything else other than energy ("fuel").
And yes its not weird if you're some sheltered skinnyfat kid who never did sports seriously in his teenage years.

read the sticky

I can bench 58 kg for 3 reps with my 30 cm arms, you're obviously not trying hard enough.
>tfw there are people here who are weaker than me

I'm pretty sick right now and I'm taking medicine that ensures I have to stay hungry throughout most of the day. I can have small snacks and some water throughout it but nothing heavy. This is going to last until September. What else can I do?

It's not like I'm dying. I was a few years back but this is just part of the treatment.
I'm 100% healthy otherwise.

I've been doing strong lifts with one set of obliques workout and bad raises for th shoulders. Is that a bad idea? Should I move on to something else?

Sheltered among a lot of other things desu.

I have.

How long you been lifting dude?

3 months

Haha ok. Kill me.

*bar raises

>I've been doing strong lifts with one set of obliques workout and bad raises for th shoulders. Is that a bad idea? Should I move on to something else?
stronglifts is a 5x5 strength routine.since you lack the muscle endurance to even do 10 pushups you should probably look for adifferent program.You should look for something with rep range of 12-15 to get a good balance between strength endurance and hypertrophy.
Try a PPL routine if you have access to a gym or home gym.look into bodyweight workouts if you work out at home and you lack equipment. bodyweight can be great for you until you reach 15 pullups and 50 pushups.then you should move to weights.

Don't do SL, it has too much volume and you'll be stalling pretty quick. Switch to SS or 3x5.

I already signed up to a gym so I think ppl it is!

push/pull/legs is godtier.you wont regret it.

>work out 6 times a week
>only work you lower half 2 times a week
shit sucks unless you're advanced and just want to maintain legs

How much will I know to do for my weights? I know I can only bench 20, but I've never really pushed myself for deadlifts/squats so i don't know my limits over there. I've struggled, but I've never really hit a weight in which I couldn't do (30 for dead lifts and 30 for squats).

Shut the fuck up about the legs meme

for your strength levels try 20kg bench ,30kg deadlifts and 40kg squats.as you get stronger your deadlift will surpass your squat.
try to do a given weight for 12 reps.if you can do over 12 reps up the weight and do 10.when you can do over 12 with the new weight up the weight and decrease reps to 10 again.
if you can't do pullups do lat pulldowns and rows and work on your abs a lot.

I read that having a strong core is super important for everything in the sticky. Are there any beginner exercises I can do to tart developing one?

take it easy twink

*to start

Planks are your friends.Crunches and back extensions can help as well.Dont fatigue your core if you have squats on the day after,though.

Pilates is the key to a strong core.

Fair. Thanks guys.