Is sugar bad for you?

Is sugar bad for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

uwlax.edu/urc/jur-online/PDF/2014/Hensley.Mariah.PoliticalScience.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fructose_corn_syrup#Obesity_and_metabolic_disorders
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no but refined sugar was non-existent in nature and it's added in almost every pre-made food you buy, so it's very easy to consume too much.

for instance a 28oz gatorade has ~53g of sugar, thats A LOT, even if you just worked out.

it's the main reason so many people are obese

>no but refined sugar was non-existent in nature
fruits have fructose bruh

sugarcane is """""refined""""""

do you know what refined means u dumb nigger?

gatorade and most sport's drinks also contain bromides in them for color which cause cancer and a whole lot of other bad shit

yes my friend

but the sugar in your orange is the same as the HFCS in a can of coke

suggesting otherwise is ridiculous. everything in moderation

>citation needed

luckily they've started removing it, still good to be careful

uwlax.edu/urc/jur-online/PDF/2014/Hensley.Mariah.PoliticalScience.pdf

Does sugar makes you fat or skinny?

ur telling me HFCS is a sugar that consumes a lot of calories to be digested?

there's a structural difference between fructose and glucose

...and sucrose, which is common refined table sugar.

and there's a good amount of research on the fact that the body metabolizes fructose differently from glucose, converting more fructose to fats.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_fructose_corn_syrup#Obesity_and_metabolic_disorders

try googling first next time nigger.

Yes

Fructose is in fruit

Fructose is also in most US soft drinks and many processed foods

we ain't even talking about glucose bud

it appears you are roughly correct. your orange vs. a can of coke is still misleading though because a 12oz coke has ~4x the sugar of an average orange.

good point my man

just limit yourself to 1 coke a day, or around 4 servings of sugary fruit and you will be golden

>2016
>not enjoying coke zero: real coke taste with no calories
and i'm not even bringing up how dark and seductive that can is

enjoy your cancer in a can.

sugar from fruits? yes

sugar from sugarcane? no.

Shitton of research done on this and disproved.

Fructose has no effect on muscle glycogen tho IIRC

Dextrose whereitat

Also what's the deal with lactose

Yes. In small amounts (i.e. what you'd find in a piece of fruit) it's okay, but obesity trends in the US *directly* correlate to the amount of added sugar in our foods.

It has a strong correlation with obesity, oxidative stress (which leads to cancer) and a ton of other things. In about 20-30 years after the junk food industry has made it's money and found new shit to push on people, it'll be revealed that it's one of the worst effectors commonly consumed, with similar health fall out to smoking

there should be a war on it, but there's not because sugar's heavily subsidized which means the sugar lobby is strong and has money.

Its not natural, metabolizes instantly - think krack cocains vs snorting it - and leaves your mood and thinking high and dry. Which is why people crave more of it, to get back up to the energy and thinking levels the first time.

You don't need it in your diet. No reason at all. Eat an orange a day and drink a beer or something cause they body needs some fast metabolized vehicle for protein delivery at least.

i actually support my city's call for a soda tax

fat fucks

in simple english: milk sugar

>waah everything that I don't like has a rich lobby behind it

>user points out one specific thing
>WAHH EVERYTHING

why do people do this?

Yes its a nasty drug more addictive than heroin that would be banned by the fda in a heartbeat if it was introduced today. Plus the actual processed meat of the sugarcane isnt what is put in your bag whats put in your bag is heavily and grossly processed crap, if you can cut it out of your diet entirely you should do it immediately srs.

raypeat.com

ya keep telling yourself that and keep drinking it, not my problem.

yes

obviously

what i mean is how is it processed compared to other sugars? is it broken down to replenish muscle glycogen or liver glycogen?

um, i never experience a sugar crash

i eat a clif bar before gym every day, that's like 20g sugar and insoluble fiber which makes it digest even faster so

sugar is natural, but technically only in combination with the digestion-slowing soluble fiber found in fruits

if timed correctly, sugar is easily beneficial

so are fruits good or bad

moderation is good and excess is bad holy shit people

Fruits are good. All the problems associated with refined sugar don't apply to fruit. The more fruits you eat, the better.

eh an excess of fructose isn't great for the liver

Thank you user love you science

Refined fructose, yes. Fruit, no problem.

aaand sucrose is literally a fructose and glucose molecule bonded together.

The biochemistry that processes sugar in our bodies is nearly identical to how our bodies process alcohol. Its really very very bad for you. There is literally no nutritional value to sugar. Our bodies dont need it. We make all the sugars we need from other nutrients.

Look up "sugar: the bitter truth" if you want to learn more. Its a fascinating lecture

Added sugar is

High gi-gl
Non nutritional
Simple carb
Energy dense
Easy to overconsume