ITT: Veeky Forums stuff they thaught you wrong at school

Reading Mein Kampf and realizing a lot of what the author said had actually some sense into it even if it can be proven wrong with actual arguments I began wondering in what historic related stuff my education fell short. What did you find was wrong years later from your history books? One thing that comes to mind is globalization being a positive "advancement" in civilization with good intentions behind it

>/pol/ tries a strawman thread on his #3865

>Mein Kampf makes sense
>globalism is bad
>standard /pol/ pic
It's like you weren't even trying to disguise yourself

I said the arguments can be proven wrong but that they make sense logically, meaning Hitler wasn't a crazy wacko like they made him out to be. Just another dictator from the pack

/pol/ is wrong, but tell me 1 country to which you could escape from your current lifestyle and you wouldn't be able to mention it. Whoever is in charge they have connections to chase you to the end of the world. The status quo is globalized. When something overruns the other elements in his enviroenr it always leads to disaster. It happened to capitalism after the 70's. Come on user.

North Korea
you should go there.

>/pol/ is wrong, but tell me 1 country to which you could escape from your current lifestyle and you wouldn't be able to mention it. Whoever is in charge they have connections to chase you to the end of the world.
Right, that's why Assange has been dead for years.

>demonstrably wrong
>but it makes sense
That's called cognitive dissonance. Stop.

North Korea's outrage in the media is bread and circus. If USA asks China to tell North Korea to send you over they will. Anyways, I know I can't possibly deatach myself from the /pol/ sticker you already put on me now so whatever. I made a big mistake by mentioning a character so full of controversy. Fucking /pol/ ruining unbiased discussions. They must be shilling non stop I bet.

He is politically dead, which means death for a person of interest. He can't even go outside. That is if he hasn't actually been killed or wikileaks haven't been compromised already, which is worse

>North korea isn't as free.
Just go to some uninhabited island or remote jungle in South america then.
The world was always interlinked even before your boogeyman of globalism was a glint in some businessman's eye.

I was taught that all navies in antiquity were rowed by slaves and that navies were easier to train than armies and that is the reason Rome beat Carthage.

stormfags are getting dumber if such a thing is even possible.

I live in Argentina, no such thing as unsurveilled natural environment.

Any reasonable argument can be proven wrong. But unreasonable claims are wrong from the beginning. Hitler is portraited by the media as a Crazy genocidal maniac who screamed at people and ordered executions like some crazy modern African dictator. Which he wasn't. And that bothers me because history isnt being thought as It should. Same happened with the military coup in Argentina, people get salty when you mention it so proper studies and investigations can't possibly be done if you catch my drift. Maybe I'll make a similar thread without triggering political stances

>One thing that comes to mind is globalization being a positive "advancement" in civilization with good intentions behind it
Globalization is simply the efficient allocation of capital through organic economic practices. Through efficient production we create a surplus that allows society to channel resources into improving itself collectively. Everything else is a side effect.

Maybe I chose the wrong words, one can never be too careful with these examples. What I meant is that some historical events or characters have been exaggerated or misportraited by historians, which is sad. This also happens when sources are taken from a western perspective like the greco persian wars. Again, I fucked up.I'll stop replying to /pol/ accusations and see if I can get the original point of the thread going.

I don't care about your /pol/shit I just love that picture
Post cool WW1 pics

But that's a lie. Resources are not channeled for the benefit of society, if that were the case severe market regulations to protect a country's economy wouldn't exist. Sometimes some products which are prohibited from entering aren't even available locally. Besides, bilateral arrangements between countries to benefit each other over other competent producers is a pretty dirty game. Its not beneficial to society as it is to capitalist relationships. I'm not judging the economic system, just saying that globalization doesn't have mutual benefit as its thought to believe

Literally just go live innawoods with America. Now you're sounding like a commie
>hurr I can't leave this capitalist trap
>hurr I'm forced to reap its benefits
>hurr this starbucks I'm drinking was made at the cost of some african kid

You know what? I actually hate Hitler. Thanks to him every criticism to the system he sought to destroy is condemned as Nazi , assuring no one will rise against it ever again. He should have finished the job or never begin in the first place. Fuck /pol/, fuck you for insisting in me being a stormcuck and fuck Hitler for creating this shitty bug in argumentation.

What you're describing is protectionism, not globalization.

Ted Kazcynsky tried living in the woods till they built a city around him. Fuck off with your judgement of >le first world commie bullshit. I live in a third world country. I don't drink Starbucks and I hate communism as much as capitalism, which by the way we are not discussing, even if globalization goes hand in hand with capitalism its a different aspect. I'm not undermining its results but it's intentions behind it.

What country?

Buying raw materials and forcing that country to buy the finished product by shitty regulations is part of globalism. The concept of "dumping " is the actual cause of protectionism, which finds its roots in globalization . Anyways, I don't want to discuss this particularly as I am more interested in knowing which things you found later In life about history were wrong when you learned them at school

>Buying raw materials and forcing that country to buy the finished product by shitty regulations is part of globalism.
Now you're describing mercantilism, which is also far removed from globalization. Organizations such as NAFTA are examples of economic globalization, organizations such as the Commonwealth of Nations are examples of cultural globalization, and the EU is an excellent example of both.

>demonstrably wrong
explain

>Third world country
>being this sour grapes that you make iPhones you will never enjoy

Honestly, no.
People like you are just as bad as /pol/

It looks like you are from a shitty country too friend. Poor people have Iphones despite of the country. We are talking about real riches, education, job opportunities, industry, sustainable energy and technology. Am I talking to a bunch of retards? The only one who is even trying is the globalization user.

Nobody is actually talking about their experiences and differences from self studying and school.

Fuck Hitler, fuck my thread, sage,report.

FUCK /POL/ AND /LEFTYPOL/

YOU WILL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!

If it can be proven wrong than it doesn't actually make sense. There's nothing logical about being illogical.

If we are playing poker and I lose we are still playing poker. We are playing by the same rules. I don't know if you are retarded or if I'm too dumb to explain what I want to say. Just stop with this autistic discussion. Fucking Hitler is not the point of the thread.

Fuck off.

Fuck Poland.

Thats not true. People going against the system are called commies more often than not.

This dosent really awnser your question, but primary education (at least in the US, I'm not familliar with the education of other countries) is taught as a lie to a more true lie, if that makes any sense.