ITT: Cool historical photos

ITT: Cool historical photos
I'll start with my favourite

must've been chaos

also bumping with a Polish picture (albeit Hungarian too)

gonna dump a few images

story?

I travelled to Warsaw, believe me it's better like that, at least it's somehow impressive.

That looks modern

i want more ösi shit

>>Veeky Forums

British soldier standing over the grave of a British pilot shot down over North Africa that was dug for him by the Germans.

lrn 2 english you wehraboo mongoloid

Guards between Western and Eastern Germany stare each other down after a young woman managed to escape across a checkpoint.

"The vastness of Russia devours us."

that may or may not have come from my inspo folder

One of my favorite pictures, one of those once in a million perfect moments.

May I request for Veeky Forumstorical zeppelins?

Sure user

cool is this the Hindenburg one?
do you have more?

bc it is

F

Wow this one hurts to look at.

info?

this happy fella

Fuck that
The tension must have been a mile thick

fake. The smile wasn't invented until 1976

He got his face blown off in a war

I only know backstorry of this photo.
Can somebdy tell if there was bomb in this van?
Did it set off?

fuck

How does he fire his rifle? He's have to crane his head entirely over his rifle to look down the sight. Crazy shit

London during the Blitz

Plane shot down over London during the Blitz

Blimp shot down in London during the Blitz

Hiroshima 1945

London after the Blitz

The river Thames in London after the Blitz

Why did you post a picture of new york facing downtown? I see the flatiron.

Poor attempt at a meme, none of those pictures are of London.

British Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technical Officer approaches a suspect device in Belfast, Northern Ireland. 1970. Old Testament quote on the wall a nasty bit of psy-ops. As St. Patrick's Day approaches in the US, a lot of clueless revelers order the American drink called an Irish Car Bomb. Try the same thing in Ireland and you're likely to be met with an icy response. It's a simple drink, the Irish Car Bomb, a sort of creamy boilermaker or Jäger bomb: a half ouce each of Bailey's Irish Cream and Irish whiskey poured into a shot glass dropped into a half-pint of Guinness. Nothing fancy, but not bad if you like creamy beer cocktails. But here's the thing. Car bombs were weapons of terror and mayhem used by the Provisional Irish Republican Army (the IRA) during the early period of what the Irish call The Troubles that saw such conflict between catholic and protestant forces. The IRA bombing campaign began in 1969. In Belfast (in Northern Ireland) 26 such bombs detonated within an hour and a half on 21 July 1972. Nine died and 130 were injured in an explosion of horror dubbed now Bloody Friday. It was a moment that turned public opinion against the IRA. The Irish Times noted with some revulsion "The chief injury is not to the British Army, to the Establishment or to big business but to the plain people of Belfast and Ireland. Anyone who supports violence from any side after yesterday's events is sick with the same affliction as those who did the deed." Rather than a cute name for a celebratory drink, "Irish Car Bomb" is a cruel jape at those who died and were injured in over 1,300 car bombings in 1972 alone. TL;DR – "Irish car bomb" is an ignorant-ass name that makes light of cruelty, death, and destruction. Order with caution.

Who cares. here in the UK we have a drink called 9/11 and it involves downing two tower glasses of liquor.

cute

Aww

you think he's happy look at this guy

That's his war face

Absolute bullshit, no where in the UK was hit that hard with strategic bombing. Reverse searching that pic comes up with Hiroshima, come on.

its from the troubles, I think he survived.

is that a flipped cover for storm of steel?

That's Moscow celebrating after Germany surrendered
That's a Japanese fighter in the pacific
Blimps weren't used in the bltz
Atomic testing, Nevada
New York City
Hiroshima

Building collapse, Blitz

Where's the humor in this if it's just a modern picture of two random girls?

that ain't no London during the blitz, that's like Moscow at the end of the war; you can see saint basils cathedral and some fireworks dude

>your street gets renamed after a polio ridden cripple

whats going on in this image?

better than a syphillis ridden, niece fucking manlet

*renames your street

It's the original picture used on Storm of Steel's cover
I searched "WW1 gas attack Eastern Front" to get it

is this from the munich beerhall putsch?

Yes. It's a photomontage, as you can see from the soldiers at the front

do you have the original? ive never seen a picture of it before

>a-a-all the G*rmans w-were evil

American school, interwar period

I'll post the most a e s t h e t i c ones I got

>you can never go back to prewar Europe

KILL ME

Who fucking asked?

ITS NOT FAIR

The wars came into being because one people tried to invade another. So you mutts going to Europe because 'it's so beautiful' would cause a damn war or otherwise ruin Europe.

Sadness.

10/10