Has lifting improved social skills or naw?

has lifting improved social skills or naw?

is there anyway to improve social skills besides being social (serious question, plz respond)

would you say social skills are just about being confident and not being shy? does going from fat to Veeky Forums accomplish that?

I'm a fat social-lifeless virgin who's trying to make a change, but I'm extremely shy even though I'm a riot around my family members... I need to figure out how to be that way around everyone 24/7

no i hate people a lot and want them all to leave me alone because they all seem like theyre belittling me somehow when they talk down to me and i fucking hate it

insecure manlet btw

>has lifting improved social skills or naw?
I have no problem talking to strangers or making small talk now, but I rarely do it because I don't want to. I don't feel as uncomfortable in social situations as before, but other than that I'm still quiet.

This picture always makes me so happy -- they all look happy

I don't think I've seen a better demonstration of the cheer leader effect

10>7>6>8>4>1>9>5>3>2

i like to imagine i passed out at their house and they dressed me like a chick and gave me a makeover and im staggering into the room after just regaining consciousness

I'm crying out for help and you guys are shit posting

Wtf bros

Most of the time it actually makes you seem really cringy because you get a huge confidence boost but girls can smell you have 0 social circle so they think youre an over compensating loser

why not join a club? like a book club or something that involves you actually having to interact with people in a setting that encourages it. maybe try joining a toastmasters

I dunno about that but I want a social life before I think about a gf obviously

I want to but I'm fat atm

6'0, 240lbs

No
Somehow I regularly fucked skanks in highschool when I was a skeleton

I lost 90% of my confidence and social skills after I started lifting, don't know if it's what caused it.

so? i was 6' 248lb and i still went out. ive trimmed down to 215lb and still have a ways to go, but its been a massive confidence booster. start shedding the weight and youll find interacting with people getting easier and easier.

Sucks bruh

Oh believe me unless youre an 8+/10 you need a social circle to be able to get a gf in the US at least
Women here value social status way more than anything else so if you dont have that you really need to make up for it with your looks

Were you shy at first though? I'm extremely shy around strangers

What helped me more than getting Veeky Forums was getting a job that required me to actually interact with people. I had no choice but to talk to complete strangers and you get more comfortable with talking to workmates etc too

Be kind, that's how you get social gains. Confidence is going to make being kind more natural. Typically being mean seems defensive and unless you are exuding confidence it is impossible to pull it off.

I am pretty attractive luckily, I'm just crippled by irl shyness and weig hrt because I was addicted to Wow for 4 years raiding for world firsts (lol)

yes, i was terrified around everyone but the only way to get over it is getting out there and realizing its not a big deal. its a bit of a bummer but also a booster - no one really cares about you or notices you when you're out in public. do you obsess over every single person you walk by when you're at the mall? are you constantly juggling around the thousand or so people you saw at the mall and where they rank in society? probably not, and you dont factor into anyone elses day either. if you dont get out there, i can assure you its only going to get worse.

Nope.

But it has given me something to do with my time and a perpetual excuse not to give into a degenerate lifestyle.

Between time in the gym, tracking calories and intermittent fasting there isn't much flexibility to accommodate people who'll never care about me and will only serve to bring me down.

Thank you for your inspiring words and experiences senpai, I am going to start getting out there , slowly, and try to make it

OP I've been severely underweight plus buttfuck ugly & still managed to have a life (sex too). Work on yourself FOR yourself.

"Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be."

I think I've become more shy since I've started lifting I'm more embarrassed about my body former skelly when I started now only dyel. And whenever I drink I just think about how bad it is for me