How bad is diet soda for you...

How bad is diet soda for you? I've started this pattern that I have the biggest soda cup possible from Panda Express when I get off work and have 2-3 refills. I only do this once every 2 weeks -- this is my "cheat meal" -- I don't have other cheat meals.

Is drinking this gigantic cup of diet coke (i walk home after too, so it gives me something to sip on while walking 7 miles home) going to kill me/hurt my gains? Mind you I only do it once every 2 weeks.

>what are my goals
I'm trying to drop body fat and finally see a six pack. I felt my first abdominal definition ever yesterday, but it's not close to being visible.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/faq/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/
m.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar
nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature13793.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you want to hit your goals, stop drinking soda

even once every 2 weeks? I mean, you're right. But it is diet, and it's once every 2 weeks. I can easily stop drinking it, I just don't know if I HAVE to, you know?

just cut it out man
what do you want more? diet soda, or a nice body?

You're right. I'm determined for this body, so if I truly have to cut it out I will. So you guys are saying to get that six pack and physique I want, I can't have any cheat meals and no diet soda, ever.. right? I'll do it, just so I know. Thanks

you can have cheat meals once in a while if it will help you stay on your path and not relapse into your shitty old habits. just be honest with yourself. diet soda isn't a freebie though , from what I've read it stimulates insulin response and hinders weight loss . good luck Breh we're all gonna make it

Diet soda does not affect you in any way. Don't listen to retards like and The only downsides people will say are broscience shit like that it will make you crave more sugar or some shit.

>drinking soda in any form
>2016

just quit drinking that shit you goofy faggot

You don't have to cut out diet soda because it's 0 calories.
Dieting is literally taking less calories in than you exert.
Now it won't be necessarily be healthy to look at it this way, but it's the best and most efficient because we all know that most of us aren't going to eat chicken and rice every fucking meal.

0 kcal, 0 carb, go nuts

The sweetener in it can cause a small insulin response but nothing to get worked up about

>0 calories
>0 carbs
>people who drink it are still fat

hmm really makes you think

>makes you think
exactly. That's my fear about this.. I think I should just cut it out, even tho it is 0 cals and 0 carbs.. i feel like the diet soda will prevent me from really achieving my six pack -- im no scientist tho. I don't drink beer either. so the only thing i guess i'll be drinking anymore is water and apple/orange juice in the morning

t. fat powerlifter

Bacause the fat fucks that drink it see 0 calories in it and then proceed to stuff their fucking faces with food to overcompensate for those 0 calories. I drink 1 diet soda every mornihng with my breakfast because the cafeine is less than coffee but still good. Im losing 2 pounds a week, Approaching 12% bf.

makes you think about what? that fat people are consuming too many calories, despite drinking diet soda? or are you a special kind of retard who thinks a 0 calorie drink will make you gain weight?

This.

So much shit info here, what am I doing with muh life?

Diet soda is literally just flavored carbonated water with no calories. It's a fuck of a lot better than beer and you can get away with drinking it a few days each week as long as you're staying hydrated off that good ol' fashioned water the rest of the time.

I think body comp is more complex than calories in calories out, that insulin plays a role, and artificial sweeteners cause an insulin response . keep drinking your soda though if it makes you happy

examine.com/faq/do-artificial-sweeteners-spike-insulin/

Good try, but there is no evidence that this is the case yet.

m.webmd.com/diet/news/20140917/artificial-sweeteners-blood-sugar

gee it's almost like you can find conflicting reports for any position

>t. diet soda salesman

It literally says in the article you posted that the sample size was too small to draw a conclusion, and given how vastly different the result was to other studies on the subject, there is likely an issue with the study design.

It was literally said by industry representatives, tho.

So there's a little bit of evidence that fake sweeteners change your gut microbiota for the worse.

Here's one study I found: nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature13793.html

The cancer link is not strong, nor is the appetite one. The way you're drinking it seems fine - moderated. Definitely not something to get addicted to though.

Who /unsweetened/ tea here when they get Panda Express?

Yeah you're fucking retarded OP.

What is so bad about an insulin spike anyways? Are you just getting a little hungry or is there more to it?

>calories appear out of thin air