Have you ever met a top 1 Percenter?

Have you ever met a top 1 Percenter?

I met a Chinese billionaire's son who stands to inherit his father's fortune. He was a nice dude. All he did was smoke weed and play video games. He had tattoos all over his arms and shoulders and was totally out of shape. I can't imagine I'd do it any differently.

We're all facing roughly the same problems - money sure make things easier but it probably won't help in making us understand who we are and what we want.

What qualifies 1%? It isn't that much is it?

he may as well be poor then. is this really all there is to life.

yep.

Unless they're from Hong Kong, to be that rich in China, you have to be heavily connected to their fascistic piece of shit government.
Doing drugs and gaming sounds about right for the son of a monster... Truly inspiring people

Yes. I have

33k a year and you are global 1%

33? 330?

no, no, .033

Grew up in extremely religious family. Went to a top 1 private high school(extremely unreligious) in a south-east asia city for 2 years and almost everyone's parents in there knew each other or have heard of them from business relationships.

Then life happened, moved overseas and got into a public school. People still felt the same, regardless of race, religion, nationality.

Generally the same humour, same memes. Same amounts of negativity, optimism, paranoia, carefreeness or stoicism towards life.

Money sure helps a lot in life but I think it's a lot more important to first understand what makes us feel alive in this fundamentally meaningless world, before finding ways to make money out of what we like or what we're good at.

Soz for rant lol

my parents are not rich and I have been doing same as him for the last 5 years it gets boring sometimes but the grass is always greener on the other side

I've never actually known, have always been more puzzled about the 1 in 100 thing, the way people crank on it seems more like the guys OP is talking about who are more like 1 of millions

I befriended a top 1%er recently. His dad was the former CRO at JP Morgan, so his family is fucking loaded, and his uncle is a billionaire.

Shit baffles my mind what they buy.

How much did he pay to suck your feminine penis? Did anal cost extra?

>We're all facing roughly the same problems - money sure make things easier but it probably won't help in making us understand who we are and what we want.

You're right but I'd rather cry in lambo than in Toyota.

What do they buy?

Food

That IS pretty baffling.

One uni classmate was the nephew of the man who once was the richest man in Italy. He got arrested and most of his shit seized.
They're rumored to still have a trust fund at cayman's island with a couple billions.
She still lives the good life, only first class, 15k handbags, dom perignon and stuff like that.
She "launched" an ecommerce recently and had good success because her celebrity friends promoted heavily on insta for free.

She had life handed on a silver platter and is also quite hot, and despite being dumb won't have to work much in life. Oh and she's entitled as fuck obv.

Went to a part once in West Egg thrown by this really crazy billionaire who was totally after my cousin. He had this cool yellow sports car which I think ended up getting wrecked.

Yeah a few times when I was a student in London. The foreign ones were pretty chill, the English ones were arrogant public schoolboy cunts.

Why do these ppl even bother going to uni?

*feminine benis

Here's a small chinese lesson for you. There's an idiom floating around that goes a little something...like this:

Original
text:

我宁愿坐在宝马车里哭,也不愿意坐在自行车上笑
” “Wo
ningyuan
zuo
zai
baomache
li ku,
ye bu yuanyi
zuo zai
zixingche
shang
xiao.”

It means "I'd rather cry inside a BMW, than laugh on the back of a bicycle"

I'd imagine it's quite fun when you don't have to give a shit about test scores and such. Just party, throw money around, make friends.

If I was young and rich, I would definitely go to Uni.

yes. they got their daughter a horse. well two now. the first one is getting hydrotherapy worth more than my car. other kids are just preppy vineyard yiners. sold their first boat at a huge loss because they didn't use it only to buy another one two years later, it's being custom built right now.

yup i knew a guy in this situation. skipped class to play cod zombies with me. guaranteed a real nice job with his dad after graduation so school didnt really matter.

when i walk in to work, my boss asks "ready to play"? Business and life are a game to him, it seems like he is usually winning.

Its a good way to look at things that involve money, so when you lose it doesnt hit you so hard. Because you WILL lose sometimes.

Seems like a very Chinese sentiment. I'm kind of the opposite: money is a vehicle to help life be less unhappy. If it doesn't serve the purpose of making things easier, and giving us more freedom, what use is it?

Actually unironically met 50+ hundred millionaires and 10+ billionaires, caddied for alot of them, nice people.

He will lose it all

I spent a year in the US doing college on an Ivy League school. Made many rich friends there. It was not intentional, as an international student, I got closer to other internationals. They are cool people, besides their clothes you would never say they were rich. I think what helped me to make rich friends was that I never treated them as such.

I know a Chinese girl whose family owns a big cellulose company, she has relatives on Silicon Valley and stuff. The coolest person on earth, she came for summer vacations and I was in her city by coincidence, I ate the finest dinner my pleb stomach could ever imagine... I think i ate half of the animal kingdom that night.

I feel happy because my rich friends weren't crappy as I imagine they would be once I came back to my poorfag life. Funny is that here I see snobs who own 0.00001% of those people annual income and think they are the richest aristocrats in the world.

You all have those nice stories bout dem 1%
I most likely haven't known personally multibillionaires, but I saw some millionaire kids.

I went to some kind of prestigious school because it was the closest one to my home and my mother's friend worked with the mayor.
The place is a EEU capital and kids' parents own all sorts of things: cinemas, paper production, building companies.

I hav never seen worse ppl in my life. They knew, they already could afford anything in their lives. So they just despised anybody who couldn't do the same. Constant fallometry with cars, phones, trips.
When we got older, they started telling stories bout hookers, going to clubs and taking drugs. And they felt like that is it, this is what life is supposed to be about: quenching your lowly needs and sadistic hedonism. They wouldn't be happy if they couldn't humiliate smb on the money basis from time to time.

Money replaced all their dreams and wit. Interestingly, I was one of those poorfags they tolerated and sometimes even invited to all sorts of parties. Just lately I realised, their tolerance could be at least partly attributed to me being the smartest guy in school that was ok about letting others copy my work or explaining some easy shit.

They definetely were a bad influence on me. I got used to being the smartest guy in the room, and when uni kicked in, I got really depressed.

In uni you can sometimes see the sort of students that grows from those rich kids.
When I went to a military training camp, you could easily notice the troublemakers and ppl that would cause no trouble. The troublemakers were the ones from rich families, studying business, economics, audit or some other shit. They got sloshed at barracks, had no idea bout respecting officers, always caused trouble to all of us. And damn they were dense. One of them told a lieutenant go fuck himself and the next day his father came to the camp "to explain" to the high command that his son still deserved to finish the camp.

Yeah, almost all my customers are 1%ers. We manufacture and sell high end custom cabinets for a living. My mom and dad who own the business are also 1%ers.

Once you reach a certain net worth, after you've bought some clothes a nice car or two and a place to live, there really isn't that much shit left to buy. That's why most rich people are just kinda like whatever because all of their needs and most of their wants are met. Of course you'll always have people that absolutely need shit like a 100 foot yacht and million dollar jewelry but for the almost part these things won't make you happy

underrated roast that speaks to universal human truth, namsayin

Sick

Knew a guy, his dad was a billionaire (well probably, at least >750M). This guy, my friend, he wore 50K watches, 5K rental appartment, Porsche back home, etc.

Would have NEVER thought his family was wealthy. My friend dressed like a retard, always in sweatpants, shitty food, not smart, depressed af. Really nice guy though, genuinely nice.

Probably gonna start a startup with him.

His mind is just really fucked up, probably because of his wealth. Told me stories how people were just friends with him because of the money, and girls just wanted to date him because of money. His parents were always working so no love there.

People are always so jealous of rich people. I am not. Don't get me wrong I want to be a millionaire but I want to earn it myself, not be born into it. Cannot imagine how terrible that is. You can basically buy everything...that would not make me happy at all.

If I would ever become rich I would re-invest everything and start business. Work with people, manage start-ups. Nothing more rewarding than creating smth and letting it grow.

what makes you think it's any different than in the US?

Crybaby

loling at your life, its tough but not impossible to make it in the US as a nobody.

You sound like a bernie loving cuck barista.