Last night I got drunk and ate around 4000+ calories of greasy ass pizza, burgers, chocolate, lollies, chips, etc

Last night I got drunk and ate around 4000+ calories of greasy ass pizza, burgers, chocolate, lollies, chips, etc

I've been on a carb deficient diet of ~1000 calories for the past 2 months and I literally feel like I'm gonna die at the moment

How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/2rr3ip/if_i_ate_10000_calories_in_one_go_would_my_body/
webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-diarrhea
vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/transit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KrG6IcloA4E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that big of a deficit tor months
How much weight have you lost?

1000cal cut what the fuck dude? Are you just real fat and losing weight real hard?

Around 13kg I think

Not obese but I was pretty pudgy, but I've been mixing it with lifting weights

>lollies
kek

just eat less today and tomorrow?

One night of binging weekly is not enough to cause fat gain on any significant level.
It takes multiple days a week of eating above your TDEE to gain fat.
The reality is, you'll poop most of this food out without ingesting hardly any calories.
You have a six hour window, if there is so much food that the stomach and small intestine can not process it all, it will start pushing it to the large intestine in large amounts to try and make more room in the stomach.
Consider this your cheat day, which you should have weekly anyways (maybe not at 4k calories though).

>tldr
>you can eat 5lbs of food when maxed out on calories
>doesn't mean you'll gain 5lbs of fat
>you'll probably shit out 5lbs the next day

This, have had steady weight loss with a night or two weekly of "dirtier" foods and alcohol. As long as you are active and consistent counting all the time, you can enjoy yourself occasionally and still see progress, so long as you are being accurate and honest during the week.

I'll feel like shit and guilty after I eat too much from impaired judgment, then find Monday morning that there was nothing to worry about. It's like a reset button.

Also, you should consider mild fasting or incorporating lifting and cardio into your days where you'll be cheating, it will help absorb the impact.

Just fast today

Well that's good, I stayed away from cheat days altogether previously

>You have a six hour window, if there is so much food that the stomach and small intestine can not process it all, it will start pushing it to the large intestine in large amounts to try and make more room in the stomach.

This has no basis in physiology user. Chyme will not be emptied into the duodenum until the duodenum is ready for it (unless you've eaten some nasty shit), and both the stomach and small intestine are capable of changing their activity to accommodate huge amounts of food. If you binge eat 3,000 calories in a sitting you're likely going to absorb about as much as if you ate 3,000 over the course of a day.

Source? I want to know if I can really binge eat 2 xl pizzas once a month with minimal consequences. Iirc that would be nearly 12k calories, or 3 to 4 lbs of fat gain if everything gets absorbed.

user is likely misinterpreting the gastroileal reflex, in which food entering the stomach causes food to go from the small to large intestine and then get shat out. But that food is already at the end of the line basically in terms of absorption, has already had its nutrients extracted. You're not going to have an undigested slice of pizza with tons of calories left in it sitting in your ileum. It just doesn't work that way.

>reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/2rr3ip/if_i_ate_10000_calories_in_one_go_would_my_body/
>inb4 reddit pls nigga
There is a few things i'd like you all to consider in my argument.
1. other people have had this argument and are better at it than me.
2. i'm high as fuck

Now thats out of the way.
Your body does not absorb all possible calories at any given time from any given food, if you eat a 16oz prime rib and nothing else for the day, when you poop out said prime rib it has a calorie factor. The human body is incapable of digesting 100% of all foods.
Secondly, the stomach can only release a certain amount of enzymes(bile) and you only have a certain amount of bacteria in the time period needed before your small intestine decides to move to the next portion of mush and release it's current one into the large intestine.
Because the food was never properly digested the small and large intestine both can not properly extract all of the nutrients. Which is why you have fat people who eat a ton, but are still low on certain vitamins.

Your body actually has a very effective way of quickly getting all of these foods out of your system.
webmd.com/digestive-disorders/digestive-diseases-diarrhea
Every time I eat too much food, I quickly get stomach cramps and end up shitting almost the entire night.
For fatties this is almost a daily battle of shitting their pants.

for you two specifically, pizza is a wonderful choice for binging on a cheat day, because slices are very easy to count calories.
You eat three slices, at your max calories. What's another three slices going to hurt.

Thanks for the info. However I have indeed eaten 2 xl pizzas within a 2 hour timespan before, and I had no diarrhea or gas or anything really except a larger than usual stool the next day. Does this indicate my body is accustomed to digesting such quantities of food, and that if I do it again I'll be absorbing almost all the calories?

vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/digestion/basics/transit.html
more citations as Im remembering them.
once your small intestine says it's time for the food to pass, it passes. even if it still has calories left in it.

This is anecdotal, and I'm not sure of the mechanisms behind it, or the relevance of the two things, but I too was on a serious cut without cheats for long periods, usually 6-8 weeks or more without a single cheat, on a 500 calorie deficit.
Despite eating over 1500 calories more than I was accustomed to on my rare cheat days, it never slowed my weight loss progress at all (ie I tracked my weight every two days on waking and the trend line continued steadily).
I also noted that I had extremely large shits the next 36 hours after, and usually more frequent shits as well (I typically shit once a day, after I eat my breakfast, but on days after cheat meals I'd shit three times or more, filling the toilet pretty extremely each shit).
So, like I said, just an anecdote, no knowledge of the mechanism behind it, or if it really means anything, but what I'm trying to say is, unless you're in contest prep, you needn't maintain a perfect diet all the time to move closer to your goals. You still must live, and try not to be afraid of that, but instead to let it motivate you to improve.

wow, thanks for the great post. I've wondered this for a long time.

It's not an exact science brother, every human body is entirely different on this matter, such things as you being half an inch taller in the waist and having a slightly bigger small intestine can change the variables entirely.

The issue aside, we know for a fact you can not absorb every single calorie from food even during a cut where your body will want every single calorie of food because it's starved for them.
One day of binging 4k calories over, would not even equal a lb of fat and so what if it did?
your calorie cut for the other 6 days would still have you on a calorie def.
Your cheat days though aren't for insane binging on 4k calories.
They are for you to get the 2k calories needed for basic function and a few hundred to a thousand more for recovery. More protein, nutrients, everything your body is craving because on a serious cut it actually needs it or injury could easily be in your future.
I know a person who regularly starts at 500 calories on monday and slowly moves up to 1000 each day, than on sat/sun he eats about 2500.

Can attest to this, I do a cheat day on Saturdays while generally on a cut or maintaining a tight calorie diet the whole week. My cheat day really doesn't affect my weight aside from shitting my brains out the night of or morning after

Thanks for the support,

For the other Anons interested in our conversation, I'd like to reiterate though that an absurd amount of food on a cheat day could negatively benefit you. Just because you can drink those colas and that entire pizza. Doesn't mean you get to drink the whole 2liter and than binge chips all night after the pizza.
By all means enjoy yourself, but you're eating to
1. satisfy cravings
2. give your body more things that it actually needed because it was starved of them.
Who the fuck am I kidding though, I got high and drank a shit ton of Sam Adams.
Guess that makes tomorrow a run day.

m8 worst case scenario you gained like 200 grams of weight
Who cares
Keep eating at your deficit, you lost like probably 2 days of progress.

enjoy your cool shits

This image will give me nightmares tonight.

>a holokauster pic I didn't have

pls user give link to more

>greasy ass pizza, burgers, chocolate, lollies, chips, etc
These are all high fat foods, not high carb foods.

Broscience, the post

You're a retard

Cheat days are stupid because if you eat 3500 kcal that one day or more you almost completely cancel out the deficit of the other days.

You're a terrible trip

Your appendix is gonna burst.

>greasy ass pizza, burgers, chocolate, lollies, chips, etc

disgusting piece of shit

1000 cal daily is a too much, of course you had this binge-eating attack. But lets do the math: You eat at a 1000 cal deficit daily and last night you ate 4000. If I assume you dieted for the rest of the week, that is still a 2000 calorie deficit.

Thats 4 days of progress you retard. Or just fast a day and you are almost good

youtube.com/watch?v=KrG6IcloA4E

I think you mean kcal.

What kind of madman eats only four calories of pizza and burgers?