Just started gym. Is this acceptable brosplit? I want to get arms to 16 inches...

Just started gym. Is this acceptable brosplit? I want to get arms to 16 inches, then will incorporate a Push/Pull/Leg workout routine.
>newbie

Other urls found in this thread:

powerliftingtowin.com/starting-strength/
newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If your goal is to get arms to 16 inches, you'd be better off with a routine like this

Mon - Bis - Heavy
Tues - Tris - Heavy
Wed - Bis - Light
Thurs - Tris - Light
Fri - Bis - Medium
Sat - Tris - Medium
Sun - Rest

Don't know if bait but whatever

If you're new then you're wasting potential by only hitting each muscle group once a week. You're better off doing full body 3 days a week until you can move some heavy ass weight then move into a PPL.
SS and SL are memes but I recommend pic related

i second this OP

full body 3x a week while bulking unless you're a fattie

So what does a fatty do?
6'3 390 here.

Even if he doesn't bulk hard he's gonna get some nice noob gains.

I wish I could reset to noob mode so I could take full advantage of those gains.

Eat maintenance (based on lean mass formula) or slightly less, and do the routine I posted. Enjoy newbie advantage of fat loss with muscle/strength gain

Run/walk every day and eat less till you are a human weight. For fun you can put on a bag and add the weight equivalent of what you loss and physically realize how heavy all of that lard your ass was carrying around and how badly you have fucked up your body.

Im a newbie. 5'11 165 here. Just started lifting 2 weeks ago. Whats noob advantage?

new lifters gain muscle mass/strength much faster than anyone else because they're farther from their genetic max

>390
>three hundred and fucking 90
>eat at maintenance

Ill also lose fat WHILE gaining muscle? Is that real?

if you eat at a deficit, yes

you'll still get bigger faster if you bulk with noob gains though

is PPL typically PPLxPPlx etc. or can i omitt the rest days altogether?

Im currently on an upper/lower split and stalling hard on pull lifts specifically, so I'm wondering if dedicating an entire day to them will help me break thru

No

Noob gains are CNS

Which routine did you post? Is maintenance my TDEE?

Im a bit muscular under all the fluff, will i lose it from doing nothing but cardio?

I'm built like a tank

The only reply picture.
You're better off taking rest days.
Only for newbies, for a short time, that's the "noob advantage".
Ok he's right. Eat at a deficit.

>chest back
>legs
>shoulders arms
>chest back
>legs
>shoulders arms

Also abs every day

What is a recomp

Hows your 3rd month of lifting?

Why rest days if each muscle group gets 48hrs rest?

I mean like on an upper/lower split where each muscle group gets 100% 48hrs, rather than being used to stabilize on compounds such as in a brosplit

Im new and doing SS now because I read through the sticky. Is there something wrong with it?

SS only good for aesthetics if you put in alot of supplemental and accessory work

No

What are opinions on 5/3/1 BBB?

Okay thats fine but define suplement and accessory, I dont remember that from the sticky

You want to workout 7 days a week...? You think that will ever be sustainable? Lord all mighty.

If you've never been to the gym before just do a beginner routine they are all over the internet.

Dips/Curls/Chinups(or pullups)/ab work.

Friday I add curls
Every worked I do 3x1:30 planks

Thats it, should I add more?

generally SS doesnt have alot of direct ab/arm/trap work

if you're hellbent on doing SS throw in
>DB/BB shrugs
>Bicep curls
>tricep pushdowns/kickbacks
>dips (tricep version)
>hanging leg raises
>planks
etc

Id rather not collapse my routine

How do I know what days and how many of those to Implement?

I would say Hyperextions (if your gym has the equipment) on one of the days with chin ups, as well as dips on final free day.

3x8-10 chinups (if u reach 10 add weight)
4x8-10 hypers
4x8 dips if u reach 8 add weight.

one exercise per muscle group

are you using the standard A/B SS routine?

Assuming I cant do all those reps, go to failure?

Im feeling like I have to research some of this, I dont know what works what yet

But yeah A B A, B A B

Uhh yeah generally, hypers are really easy you will have no problem doing it, dips will come very quickly but chins take a while to get good at it.

Theres a good scooby video about pullups use his advice and do negatives until you can do a real chin. If you're having trouble doing real dips you can do them like pic related.

ok, try adding on workout A
>2x12 calf raises after squats, even just weightless
>3x8 chinups (if you cant, do latpulldowns instead)
>3x8 bicep curls/2 sets of 21s
>2-3xf planks
>2x12 lateral raises

On B day

>3x8 calf raises
>3x8 tricep kickback/pushdown
>2/3xf planks
>3x12 DB shrugs

Do the standard SS format

AxBxAx repeat. Make sure to have the days off because you're going to be adding weight almost every workout until you stall.

Read this webpage and learn what u can:
powerliftingtowin.com/starting-strength/

That is far too much volume for SS bruh, he doesn't need all those.

Though I do agree that shrugs and calf raises are a good addition and should be done.

SS is meant to be run for a few months, at most. You're going to make little in the way of aesthetics in those few months either way, so don't worry about it and focus on getting strong so you can move on to a more aesthetically-focused routine later.

Hyperextensions and chin-ups are already programmed into SS. Read the actual book for fuck's sake.

Well I just made that up so I guess im as smart as rippletits.

anyway most of the programming i've seen for SS on the internet has been barebones with no additional exercises.

i aint buying the book.

Pretty sure those are in the sticky as well

Ive watched the video, is Scooby generally good advice?

I think Ill go with the calfs and shrugs to start.
Im really not in a rush to get anywhere. I already know the more I pile on all at once the higher chance Ill burn out and quit. Everyone says its all easy but I think its a lot of Information and things to learn.

>2012+X
>not illegally dl'ing everything possible
Are you 60?

Then torrent it at least. You're really doing yourself a disservice by not reading it. Do you want to make it or not?

Sorry that comment () was meant for the newb.

by i aint buying i mean, i aint reading the book.

im not actually doing starting strength im just helping someone out who wants to know what accessories to use.

The scooby video really does help for chinups/pullups. Once you get into the gym you'll realise it's actually a lot more simple than you have it in your head right now.

5/3/1 is great but if you're a beginner you can progress much faster on a linear gains program

newbie-fitness.blogspot.com/2006/12/rippetoes-starting-strength.html

Heres a SS routine with accessories accounted for. This is what I'm doing right now.

Hint hint you've already got 16 arms

I hope so

Appreciate all advice/patience