What exercises does Veeky Forums do to isolate medius and minimus?

What exercises does Veeky Forums do to isolate medius and minimus?

Maximus is obviously the easy one to hit.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!7kxGhC5a!R6M-NS89d0shRnO8yfNUCrd6QKxqA14RI1nBH_eEPaQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Inaccurate glute anatomy/10

Read more bret contreras, if this is a subject of interest

Links?
Best exercises?

Any worthwhile information besides you being a faggot?

Just do Glute Bridges and you'll hit all of them. Don't focus too much on medius and minimus or you'll loose the round glute shape.

Read stuff by Bet Contreras. He has a good website and book with info on building a nice ass. If you want I'll upload his book to mega and post here for ya.

Honestly, just do a shitload of amount of Glute Bridges and treat it as your main lift (give it a higher priority than squats or deads). You'll get an incredibly delicious ass.

Sauce: Did this to my gf. I molest her ass constantly.

fuck. *lose.

Pls upload. I'd love to read it.

What's the point of isolating them?

Thats a really really bad picture, the muscles are no way located like that. But the medius moves the leg sideways, so if you want to train that muscle, do exercises where you move your leg to the side. And i wouldnt worry too much about the minimus. It doesnt really do anything that specific that the maximus doesnt do, and even if you would isolate a movement that focuses more on the minimus... why the fuck would you want that? Its a tiny tiny muscle positioned under other muscles. Gaining mass in it will never be visible or noticable in any way.

Also i dont see the point of isolating the glute medius. Having a glute medius that is relatively large to the maximus actually makes your hip look weirdly wide on the top of the hip. Hips that are wider on the top than on the bottom are in no fucking way attractive (especially for women, but also for men).

No idea. Came to me while I was working on my glutes today.
Was wondering if there was a way to isolate the different parts or good ways to hit them.

LMFAO HOLY SHIT THAT OP IMAGE

Pistols are probably the closest thing to a compound movement for glute med, you really cant hit them bilaterally unless you have good function to begin with which 99% of people dont seeing as modern humans spent theirs lives seated or on concrete.

Side abduction is okay but its kind of like trying to build a big chest with cable flys.

Bret Contreras literally devotes his life to ass development. Google his name and youll find usefull links within a minute.

Glute med is probably the most functionally important muscle in the entire body

t. 3rd year Physio student

But you have nothing to gain. If anything you want to limit medius to keep the round shape of your ass.

This exactly. Training too much medius will ruin your ass shape

You are fucking retarded, do not ever post again.

this picture is so retarded

Wanna explain more?

>lifting muscle vs. volume muscle
never go full meme

mega.nz/#!7kxGhC5a!R6M-NS89d0shRnO8yfNUCrd6QKxqA14RI1nBH_eEPaQ

here ya go. sorry it took so long, was browsing instagram of girls with big fit asses.

Its responsible for virtually every back problem ever. It keeps your pelvis neutral, helps keep your femur rotationally stable and pretty much attaches directly to the fascia in your lower back so if its tight it pulls the fuck out of it and you get heaps of issues. It also does a heap of work for sciatic decompression and the like.

This might all sound unconnected but in the scope of muscular loading patterns and the like its a HUGE deal if any of that is compromised.

Whenever anyones complains about back pain the first place I look is glute med before even bothering looking at core stability and lower back strength. See it heaps on powerlifters too because they have massive bilateral strength and literally zero unilateral function.

Ye great brah, thx for sharing your cool knowledge.., but noone spoke about back problems here... We are just looking to get aesthetic.

Now go back to massaging other mens leg adductors

So what exercises do you suggest?

much appreciated user

Pistols, always pistols with good focus on loading down the posterior chain. Failing this, side abduction I guess although I dont really feel like it does much of worth.

Spoken like an absolute fucking moron who will come into me in three years with a bulging disc and bad knees.

Do you fire a gun 5x a week without cleaning it and then wonder why it breaks? Having good biomechanical function is SUPER important.

would fuccius maximus

nigger thats 300 pages.
post TLDR

Crab walks for medial glutes.

and or hiptrust?!

add fucking glute bridges to your routine and treat it as a main lift.

Hip thrusts are different. Crab walks work on the rotation of the leg by forcing the knee outwards.

hiptrust much better

Both translate into smashing prostates better so who cares senpai.

hip thrusts have a higher glute recruitment, BUT they work the quads a LOT.

it depends on the look you're trying to achieve. many girls want a glute that is proportionately bigger than their quads, so that's why i usually suggest glute bridges.

also, glute bridges tend to not interfere as much on squats since it doesn't work quads as much.

>BUT they work the quads a LOT
>doesn't work quads as much

Thanks Veeky Forums.

they dont if u put ur ass and hips into it properly.

well they do a little

One was talking about thrusts, the other bridges. Pay attention you mong.

>I molest her ass constantly

Fucking lost

are you illiterate?

i said glute bridges work glutes a lot
hip thrusts work glutes a bit more, but also works quad a lot

You realize 75% of this board are literal "idiots" and "morons". They don't have the brain capacity to understand most of anything