Eggs

Anything wrong with eating whole eggs every day? Health-wise. This question clearly deserves its own thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Like, you just pop them in your mouth and eat them?

loads of calcium this way

I mean cooking them but not discarding the yolk at all. Whole cooked eggs my man.

1 egg has enough cholesterol for 2 days. So no. Just eat egg whites

cholesterol and high fat content on the yolk so basically yes, eat only the egg-whites

You will experience slow and painful insta death if you touch eggs.

Classic mom-science.

Eat the whole egg. Eat as many as you damn well please. Eggs are great for you.

I eat 5-10 per day thats enough cholesterol to kill me...

they keep you full too. if i have two eggs atop roasted potatoes with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese mixed in, im good until dinner.

This

Whether eggs are harmful to health is a very controversial topic in nutrition. The main problem here is dietary cholesterol. At the very least, most nutritionists seem to agree that a portion of the population (~25%) are very sensitive to dietary cholesterol (this genotype is more common in some races than others), including that in eggs, such that it directly upregulates their blood cholesterol levels (negatively).

in herbivore animal models, dietary cholesterol directly upregulates blood cholesterol, but the applicability for humans is limited of course. There are a lot of conflicting studies on humans with a broad range of study quality, and a good number of them were funded by the egg industry.

Oh and I forgot to put my link to the NEL if you want to get a basic overview of the science.

>Conclusion

>Moderate evidence from epidemiologic studies relates dietary cholesterol intake to clinical cardiovascular disease (CVD) end-points. Many randomized clinical trials on dietary cholesterol use eggs as the dietary source. Independent of other dietary factors, evidence suggests that consumption of one egg per day is not associated with risk of coronary heart disease or stroke in healthy adults, although consumption of more than seven eggs per week has been associated with increased risk. An important distinction is that among individuals with type 2 diabetes, increased dietary cholesterol intake is associated with CVD risk.

>Evidence Grade

>Moderate

nel.gov/evidence.cfm?evidence_summary_id=250206

Grow taller

Sometimes I eat 7-8 eggs a day, but usually I eat about 4 eggs a day. I have also noticed that I have some pimples all over my body. Could eggs be the problem?

This.

I'm on 60 eggs a week going on about 2 years, I eat the yolks. The 'cholesterol is bad for you' summerfags need to die.

>mfw normiechaners say shit like 'don't eat eggs!' but they say diet coke is ok because 0 calories

We have this thread every day

i eat at least 12 a day sometimes 18

nom nom chow down

>look, ma! I'm redpilled!

I would not advise eating the shells.

and you aren't?

>70% of Veeky Forums thinks CICO is the be all end all of nutrition
>the other 29% think IIFYM will actually make you look good
>we 1%'ers farm all the 'mirins in CBT.

now gtfo USDA shill

how much you pay for that katana?

i don't fucking leddit and im not a fedora tipping faggot.

I also don't fall for Dr. Oz kale seaweed protein smoothie science either. There's absolutely nothing wrong with egg yolks, they are basically god-tier food and you are a failure if you throw out the yolk.

t. your goal body

4 scoopz of eggs twice every day, come on guys.

Yes. Dietary cholesterol does not significantly influence serum cholesterol. Yolks have the highest protein density of the egg. Yolks have most of the micronutrients of the egg.
Didn't even read the thread.