Keto foods

Post your staples, Veeky Forums

Avocados are terribly expensive here

Whats the realistic quantity you keto cunts can actually eat though? Say youre actually cutting at around 2400 cals a day

A staple for my coffee

As much as you can stuff into your gullet senpai, I'm bulking on keto

Is keto good for the heart?

Is being a fucking highly obese fatass healthy?
I didn't think so. My thoughts are that if keto can help a person lose 40 pounds, it is worth stress on the heart, if stress on the heart is a problem.

>Concentrated saturated fat

I made the mistake of reading some meme blog about coconut oil being the saviour of keto because it's a "healthy source of saturated fat". The whole keto perception of sat fat being healthy blows my fucking mind.

Anyway, save your arteries and switch to olive oil

retard

>80 years of Medicine and Science are wrong and the blog post I read about saturated fat being healthy is right
Enjoy your coconut oil son

since the 80's use of non saturated fats has increased 4 times, cardiovascular diseases have increased 2 time by the same time

I have no science to back this up, but I suspect that eating saturated fats while at a calorie deficit is substantially less harmful than eating saturated fats while at a calorie surplus.

>he doesn't """"""""""cook""""""""

My bad, didn't realise you were trolling

This is pretty obviously true, but irrelevent for a controled argument either way. Prolonged calorie deficit affects both HDL and LDL levels. As studies already shown, getting enough HDL and cutting out Saturated Fat is what's important in terms of cardiovascular and thus heart health

I do, I'm just a lazy fuck fishing for ideas for good staple keto foods to stockpile because I've only been keto for 3 days

post recipe

>1 can tuna
>3 eggs
>4 strips bacon (cooked)
>1 jalapeno
>olive oil/spray oil

>preheat oven to 400F
>oil up the bottom of the bowl
>put tuna
>put whisked eggs
>put cut up bacon
>put cut up jalapenos
>bake for 30 minutes or until egg is cooked

Protip: cooking bacon in the oven is easier. 400F for 15 or until golden brown.

one question, why do you guys choose keto over psmf? is it because of the things you can eat? i suposse so, but when i compare the 2 diets, psmf just sounds healthier, plus you're always reaching your protein goal everyday

I've been doing psmf since march and i've lost around 48lbs (323 to 275) and i've always been curious about trying out keto

more testosterone. High fat diets lead to higher natty test production.

t.broscientist

Ultimately the best diet is the healthiest once you can stick to. Keto is just easy for me to do and it gives me plenty of results. My favorite foods even when I was a fatty were always high fat and high protein. Giving up carby junk like pasta was tricky but doable. It's what you can stick to. What exactly is psmf though? Never heard of it before.

>psmf

That isn't meant to be a healthy diet you idiot, it's meant for fast fat loss

>olive oil
Nice mom science

Fuck yes wings. I grill mine on the weekend and eat them all week. Grilling in general is great on keto because of all of the "free" flavor you get

I also grill chicken hearts. I marinade them in a black peppercorn seasoning packet meant for beef. Cheap, tasty protein. Pic related is less than $2 worth of hearts

Eat your heart out, Veeky Forums

whats that it looks amazing

Bacon, of course. I cook it using the george foreman grill, works great. But like said, cooking it in the oven works good too

>sugar
>on keto

fuck naw nigga. make your own pb its easy as fuck

Sardines nigga. Also, pork rinds dipped in guacamole

Just going to dump pics of my keto meals. Please r8, h8 and autofell8

Brisket

Made these lettuce wraps

>ground beef, 2 lb
>water chestnuts
>peanuts
>celery
>green onion
>garlic
>ginger
>button mushrooms
>black pepper
>sesame oil
>chili oil
>butter lettuce
>top with cheese

All the lettuce wrap veggies, etc

Cooked down. Then you just brown your ground beef and mix it all up. Boom - lettuce wraps for days

fatty meats

Made some amazing galbi with those short ribs. Used a korean bbq spice packet i found rather than the traditional soy, honey, brown sugar sauce. Amazing

A weeks worth of smoked meats

What is keto exactly? Anything is fine as long as it doesn't have carbs and you count your calories?

Macros?

Keto stir fry with yam noodles, fried tofu, and underneath are shrimp, straw mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots

Lettuce wrap, jalapeƱo cheddar sausage, frozen Ball Park burger patty

These are a decent keto snack, kinda pricey though

This one was somewhat controversial when I asked Veeky Forums about eating farmed atlantic salmon that I purchased from the grocery store (based HEB) raw, as sashimi. It was just as good as some salmon I've had in sushi restaurant and i suspect most of them use the same or similar salmon in their sushi. I didn't eat all of it by myself, btw

>somewhat controversial when I asked Veeky Forums about eating farmed atlantic salmon
elaborate

Most of the comments on Veeky Forums said I would almost surely be infected with parasites. And that is a legitimate concern, but after doing much of my own research I learned that the presence of said parasites is negligable in farmed atlantic salmon compared to wild caught salmon as the parasites come from wild prey, which is not present in fish farms. They eat food pellets.

That said, it's not something I plan to make a habit of. I had been craving salmon sashimi so I decided to go for it.

I can spend around $60 a week on food. What should I buy?

Post your best recipes familia I'm out of ideas

Using my crock pot I have made low carb
>chicken tikka masala
>beef stew
>oxtail stew (unbelievably good)
>beef and broccoli

Sorry for not posting the actual recipes. They can be found easily by googling. I usually end up combining several different recipes

Oxtails. Looks gross but oh so good

what is this?

I go to a Chinese buffet that has Mongolian BBQ and I fucking abuse that shit. I put that grill man to work making like 6 or 8 different combinations over the course of an hour and a half. I also slam on the crab legs

You convinced me to try out chicken hearts. Always looked gross to me in the supermarket but those skewers look tasty af.

Go for it. If you don't like them you'll only be out a couple dollars. Lots of good marinade/seasoning recipes online

can't you flash freeze it upon purchase and go through a small process to kill any parasites?

it's roughly like: flash freeze, heavily salt, leave in freezer for a day then rinse and let it thaw out

The FDA regulations say that fish needs to be frozen for I think 7 days at a temperature of -4F which isn't achievable with most home refrigerators. You need a blast freezer or something.

Pls tell me you tip the poor bastard. I know Veeky Forums his this fucking visceral hate for tips, but that guy honestly has a shitty fucking job.

Yeah I tip him a couple bucks. Used to work in the service industry so i know how it is

In a pinch I'll eat one of these bad boys without the bun. Based Sonic

>tfw live within walking distance to a sonic
>half off milkshakes at my fingertips
>cutting

So I just made taco meat and mixed it with brown rice. Is that keto?

no since you probably had 4 days worth of carbs from the rice alone

I had like a handful of it.

that kills the keto

>just realized that brown rice has carbs

Fuck.

So does taco seasoning

holy retard

welp

Whats wrong with you and packets user?

depends i've had taco season with like 1g carb in it. used to make tacos without shells when i experimented with keto diet for like a day

This is keto

I am keto