How much money do you think you need to be set for life?

How much money do you think you need to be set for life?

It's never enough. I say 2 million though

Not sure yet considering the stock market will crash again bigger than 2007's mess.

4 milli

infinite

1,440,000€ according to my calculations
Less if you don't plan to live very old

Not taking account the inflation of course, and assuming you don't use the money you have to gain income.

am i retarded or would a stock market crash be good for crypto

Is 100 Million an unrealistic goal? I want not only to be comfortable but to buy what I want live where I want and do what I want. I love the idea of being so rich I never work again and can just focus 100% on my hobbies. And also, of course, being able to sleep in everyday

I doubt anyone knows for sure.

I think a crash would pull money out of crypto though as normies shift money to pay their rent.

>I love the idea of being so rich I never work again and can just focus 100% on my hobbies. And also, of course, being able to sleep in everyday
Like a housewife?

Nobody knows how it will effect crypto, could go either way.
I'm not so sure people will suddenly start investing in the thing they think is a scam when gold is available.

if you're not too sporadic and don't mind living a very simple life you could do it off like $1-2M invested in an ETF. That's my goal basically. You won't be required to work a regular job ever again, it won't be extravagant but you'll be free to do what you want during the day - no spontaneous trips around the world or anything like that though, although living in a cheaper country would be possible.

£200k-£300k would be enough for me to buy house+several properties to rent out+keep a stash of savings. Would be enough for me not to have to work - though I still would cos I actually enjoy working and would probs just turn into an alcoholic if I had nothing but free time on my hands. Helps I live in a very cheap rural area, this would be totally unrealistic if I lived in most of rest of UK especially any city.

$80 million + $150,000 yearly income for me.

Kek

1-10 millions

2 million. say 300k for a house, 10k for a car, furnish the house 20k. invest 1 million in index funds in a trust, it grows to 4-6 million easily depending on your time horizon (~30 years) and gets unlocked at retirement.. thats 1.33 million spent. take the remainder, dividend portfolio it, live a nice middle class lifestyle with no drama, whatsoever. help people, volunteer, read, study, travel and airbnb your place or rent it out...whatever you want.

2 mil € is the absolute bottom to quit wage slavery for ever.

Buying some apartments for renting out, living on that income. Savest thing you can do to generate a stable income without the risk of any crashes, maybe if a meteor crashes into my city I would be fucked...

About 10k to keep looking sharp, throw some to fresh broads for their hair, clothes, quick fix. Yep.. 10k is more than enough to get the broads on the track. Just long as I keep talkin shit and swallowin spit, a playa be set for life.

Set for life - 2 million
Set for a life of luxury for myself and generations to come - 10 million

This.

200k is enough to change my life forever. 3rd worlder here.

>How much money do you think you need to be set for life?
All of it.

bad

once people lose their jobs the first thing they are going to withdraw is their crypto. not sure about medium-long term though, probably good since everyone is looking for an investment alternative

enough to buy a house, an average car and travel most of the world. not all at once though

i could probably achieve all of that with less than a million, given that i dont buy a house in any of the cities

any dutchfags here that could tell me what would happen if i suddenly dropped 100k euro or 1 million euro into my bank account?
or hell. even 10k
what will happen to my money?

People here talking about 1mil+ being minimum. Are you all Americans? That is overkill for most of Europe, not to mention the world. I feel bad for you.

I'll need a minimum of 100k to procure a basic passive income of around 700-1000 Euros per month. Anything over that will be adding extra cushion to my life.

which bank and country wont take so much money from you that you actually net a profit from what even?

That's upper middle class. Middle class people are poor people with extra amount of money.

The cost to transfer crypto will be proportionally tied to the cost of electricity

Which European country do you live in?

Depends what you want from your life. To live in a shit country in a shit apartment you won't need much at all.

I live in one of the richest European countries. With 1000 € a month I could go by IF I own an apartment (no rent to pay) and IF I live like the lower class (no vacation trips out of the country).

-> not what I'm looking for.
My minimum would be 2000€ a month + my own apartment. This would be acceptable, but still not good enough.

Plenty of nice countries that aren't that expensive - Eastern and Central Europe for example.

500000$

I'm from Estonia. It's a little North/East-European country right next to Russia. Very big on tech and trying to actively stay on top of the global scene. For now, the crypto gains taxing is under debate, but it's either not taxed at all or at most taxed with income tax, so max 20% I think.

I get this feeling most of the guys here are chasing the baller chad lifestyle with indiscriminate spending power, a couple exotics in the garage and a pool in the backyard of your estate. I think that's pretentiously overdoing it. I just want a comfy city apartment with enough passive income to live comfortably and do the things I want to do without ever worrying about putting bread on the table or paying the bills on time.

Here in Estonia, for this I'd need 1000-1500 euros per month. Even 1000 is a great number, as the rent is around 200-400, depending on proximity to the capitol town center, with the luxury housing/penthouses coming in at 1000+ in the very heart of Old Town and such.

It really doesn't cost much to live a rather carefree life.

1000? Isegi keskpalk on suurem...

Gewoon aangeven bij de belasting, je betaalt dan een beetje vermogensrendementsheffing (2% ofzo) en dan is het wit.
Als je echt 100k hebt zou ik eerst ff met een accountant praten echter.

Eesti keskmine palk on haletsusväärne 1000. Keskmist viib üles kõrgepalgaliste vaikselt tõusev jõukus. Allpool teatud piiri on inimestel raha lihtsalt liiga vähe, et jõukust kuidagi kasvatada sama lihtsusega, mis on võimalik jõukamal demograafikul.

Hinnad tõusevad, sotsdemmid kriiskavad ja Ossinovski loobib järjest aktsiise ja lisamakse. Turism, transiiditeenused, transpordiettevõtted ja muud teenuspakkujad kannatavad ja raha lahkub riigist.

Eesti vaesub.

I want to be set for life with that anime girl with thick brows

Can you get by comfortably with english in Estonia? Seems like a interesting place

not him but i heard its mostly english and russian over there

Deffo. Pretty much everyone has at least a basic grasp of the language. At least in the larger cities and towns. But I have a feeling you won't really find yourself around the rural communities much.

Do prepare to hear lots of dark and ethnic racial humor and lots of drinking. The further you get from the PC culture wars of the US or West Europe, the less people generally give a shit about feelings.

No because house work is still work. I'd pay someone else to do it

wait what? what kind of investment gives you 1000 Euros per 100K investment?

One that could provide 10% returns annually, of course. But it's honestly more between 5-10, implying investment funds do well. Bank savings accounts and such barely even cover inflation anymore.

I have one specific in mind that has been performing rather well at around 10, clocking in a 11.5% return last year at it's peak. Of course, if the global markets crash, it's all coming down anyway.

Nice thanks. Sounds like my kinda place.

I can always sleep in my car so I don't need much money at all to be set for life.

>Set for life - 2 million
>Set for life
USD or Euro?

7m

With 1 million dollars I won't have to slave my life away on shitty jobs. But NEET lifestyle is boring, I will have to work on some projects, generating more income.

Once I hit 2 mil, I'm going to buy a house and use the rest to buy a franchise store or something like that, something that I can pay someone else to manage but that will still make me enough money to fund a comfortable lifestyle for years to come.

I don't know guys, I don't think I can quit working. Don't get me wrong , I won't be a wageslave if I have enough money but I just don't think I'll totally stop everything. I kinda breath business and I work on various projects all the time, it's my thing. It gets me excited and makes me feel alive. I guess that with 10+ milloins I can just work on a bigger scale but that's pretty much it.