What is some Veeky Forums approved litterature ?

Just trying to get an understanding of the body

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/books/details?id=1rW-QpIAs8UC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't know how Veeky Forums it is but everybody interested in understanding humans should check out Dune.

The Will To Power

Starting Strength

you're not supposed to emulate bateman my friend

Read these last year when I started browsing Veeky Forums. Would recommend each one.

>Chinua Achebe
Everything else looks great

I second this.

It's a good story bro

>actually reading tolkien

Why bother? Tolkien was praised for his creativity, not his writing skills. His books are actually dull and difficult to get through.

I'm just not a fan, I respect your tastes. Not like I'm some literary genius anyway, I'm the guy whose only rec was Dune and my favorite book is American Psycho. I'm a pleb.

> not worshiping Shai-Hulud, the old man of the desert
> making it

Choose one

I disagree

Amazing post user. Would you care to elaborate?

What you said is accurate I just believe the story is worth the slow writing style.

This. Read Things Fall Apart. Be Okonkwo

Everyone knows the story through the films by now, no point reading the books. Tolkien is the type of writer whose books you have to acknowledge, but not actually read them.

The hobbit was perfect, though. A quick fun light read

Definitely agree with that, I loved The Hobbit despite being bored by pretty much everything else by Tolkien.

As for the OP, I would recommend checking out Stanislaw Lem's works. He was a polish sci-fi writer who incorporated a lot of philosophical themes into his books. Start with Tales of Pirx the Pilot, then move onto Star Diaries and Peace on Earth and then explore on your own. He has written tons of different books and novels and each of them is worth reading.

play.google.com/store/books/details?id=1rW-QpIAs8UC

Anything by Mishima

friendly reminder it requires a post secondary education to actually take anything away from these books.

Jack Daniel's Running Formula is pretty good.

It basically gives instructions on how to train for different sorts of running competitions from like 400 meters to marathons and such and just simple fitness running methods and all that. Really helped me get in shape.

>The Tower Towers

>Camus
>Homer
>Orwell
gr8 list

Like I want to analyze a book in terms of what character might have secretly been gay or black or what Freudian hangups the author had. Was he racist? Etc.

Englit is disgraceful.

>it's a I think reading will unfuck my boring shit episode

Crime and punishment. Helps you reflect on your choices and their consequences (punishments)

Julius Evola
His trilogy on how to thrive in a world that is morally corrupt is a must read, although it offers differing perspectives, as it was written over several decades.

If you needed a post secondary education to fully grasp or appreciate the developments of the human character in a book like Antigone; then you done fucked up.

Is it actually a good book or is it just popular because it was good when it came out and people are like "wew so ahead of its time gotta like it"?

Being this much off a pleb...

Pic related

Typos happen babe

Arnold's encyclopaedia of modern bodybuilding

>Hemingway