New fag wants to improve bench press

So I started lifting a few months back, and started squats about a month ago. Finally hit 1pl8, hopefully I'll hit 2pl8 by end of Summer. But I've been stuck on 45kgs on the bench press for fucking ages, how do improve on it, I'm a fat fuck but I still gotta improve. Any tips Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5nXSIqyw1lc?t=8m58s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

n00b here too. how much is 1pl8? 45kg?

60kg, 20kg on each side of bar, bar weighs 20

Bruh, how many times are you moving the 1pl8?

Best way to add weight to your bench is to add weight to your bench. Try adding 5lbs a week or try lowering your rep range. A 3x5 or 5x5 will help you back on some decent noob gainz.

Look in to Starting Strength and follow a progression philosophy. You're gonna make it bruh

>Finally hit 1pl8
>stuck on 45kg
Something doesn't add up here. Unless you mean 45kg not including the bar.

1pl8 is equal to 45lbs but Veeky Forums prefers the kilogram to the imperial pounds, I'll let you Google the conversion

He's talking about two different things. The 1pl8 is his squat.

Do more lifting.

hu?

60kg? 45lbs?

what is it now?

I'm benching 50kg right now. Is this >1pl8 or

he means 1 plate is 45lbs(=~20kg), so when a bar weights 20kg and has 1 plate on each side it's a 1pl8 lift

Just do starting strength at eat at a 500 cal deficit. I made it to a 250 bench 1rm on SS while cutting to 148.

>SS
>deficit

Pick one

Op should eat a healthy surplus if he wants to make gains

He already said he was a fat fuck, did you read the thread?

Try deloading

One plate is 20 KGs, the bar you use is 20 KGs. When you have one plate on either side of the bar, 20 + 20 + 20 = 60kg.

People are saying 45lbs plates because 20kgs = 45lbs, so one 45 lb plate either side of the bar is the same as 60kgs.

how is that even possible.
I played fucking games all my life and I was a fat fucking manlet when I first tried benchpress and I could do 40kg for reps from the get go.
how is it possible to be that weak? no hate, just curious about ur life style man.

I improved my bench up to 110kg on a slight kcal deficit.
the key is to just do it and not ask retarded questions about lifting on an anime based image website.

You were probably a fat fuck to begin with.

Posture and lots of other genetic factors. some people can bench decent from the get go

My bench power varies so much. Been lifting for about 6 months and I can lift 115 lbs. if I do it in the beginning of my work out. Still working on my pecs. They're my weakest muscles.

The weight that you press is relative to your bodyweight, if you weight 110kg and bench 2plmao that's the same as being 70kg and only pressing 1plmao

>this

>my obese friend tried to give me shit for only lifting lmao1p8
>I only weight 65kg

>he thought he was top shit for benching 70kg when he weighs 110kg

You guys probably aren't using as much chest as you should be using. To be making some good chest-gains, try to incorperate what Kai Greene is explaining in this video:
youtu.be/5nXSIqyw1lc?t=8m58s
(8 min 58 sec)

I've started posing a lot more, just to practice what it feels like to flex the fuck outta your chest, and replicate it when I bench. Since then, I've had to definitely lower my weight, but my strength has since been progressing nicely

Um I weight 155 and bench press 205. Some People at my gym that weigh the same weight as me bench press 225