Why is weight-loss hard?

Why is weight-loss hard?

>It's not hard!

Then why do so many people fail?

Because social norms in the form of what food we eat and how often we eat cause us to be overweight

Because they're lazy and don't really have motivation

Also It's so common to go to a restaurant with friends

Eat 2 big macs and drink a big shake=nothing wrong

Eat chicken and rice out of tupperware=OMG user YOU'RE SO WEIRD

Because we have from a societal standpoint moved away from actual work that causes fatigue.
Your job use to have you working all day under extremely stressful conditions that burned quite a bit of calories, let alone the majority of children having to work on farms doing chores, not folding clothes, but actually out in a field working the same way a man works.
Weight gain was still common, but it usually happened later in life (generally when dad became grandpa and was so brutally fucked from years of hard labor that he just sat around a lot).
Additional factors are in the accessibility of food.
Food is dirt cheap, the amount of calories we ingest daily would easily break someones wallet a few decades ago.
Lack of sunlight is another possible factor, as sun children are usually quite a bit lower in body fat than their shut in peers.
Liquid calories is another big part of it. We are meant to just drink water, every day with occasionally a coffee, tea, etc that is low in sugar to no sugar.

If its easy to do, its easy not to do.

because the expectations of what people should do has dropped so much you can now sit around being a useless sack of shit and it won't kill you.

nice trips buddha

Thanks. It wasn't me who got them.

Calories In, Calories Out. If you are failing, you are wrong about one or both of those numbers. The only other possible explanation is that your body is capable of magically generating energy from literally nothing.

I only eat 500 calories a day and I've been GAINING weight. Explain that.

Do you even lift?

Cause they've been cradled by laziness that what would be some effort for a regular person becomes a great effort for them. Their weight puts a lot of strain on their joints. They're weak from a bad diet and lack of movement.
If you're looking to break habits, eating habits take a while and persistence. Fat people are lazy.

My fat ass off the couch to get more churros.

Then somehow you are eating more than you think you are. How long has this been going on? How much weight have you gained?

You're eating too little and/or not moving enough
Are you a skeleton?

Another way to think about it: What is your body building more fat out of, if it's not food?

What you are saying is scientifically impossible. Your math is wrong somewhere. Or, possibly, you've only been doing this for a couple of days which isn't enough time to see results. This will take MONTHS.

I know a number of people, family and whatnot, who've tried different diets and have never heard of TDEE and it's implications.

I suspect that is the real answer.

All my life. I only eat five yogurts a day and it says 90 calories on them. I know it makes calories in the colon though so I'm adding ten per unit.

I am not a sketelon.

How are you even alive?

>Then why do so many people fail?
People can't listen to simple instructions. They want to overcomplicate everything. Hence crash diets.

because of hope

Go get checked out--you are breaking the laws of physics.

pics

I have just been massively lying. With every reply it makes my boner a little more turgid.

>its not hard
Neither is slicing cabbage.