So the sticky doesn't say anything about weight v. rep number

So the sticky doesn't say anything about weight v. rep number.

Will I achieve the same amount of gains doing low weight high rep as opposed to low rep his weight?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9SQ97rfyO4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not 100% sure but more reps with less weight = muscle mass
Less reps more weight = strength
Again, not too sure

Lmaoo this is my gym. I see kiltguy there all the time

Anyway depending on the complexity of the movement you generally want to stay between 65-85% of your one rep max for growth. This should allow you to do between 5 and 12 reps. You'd want to do fewer reps for big movements like squats, but you can go towards the 12 rep side for accessories like RDLs and Bulgarian split squats for example.

Am I making sense?

You didn't answer my question. Why even bother posting if you aren't going to answer the question.

I fucking gave you a set and rep range you twat. How do I know if "light" is 30% or 90% so I tried to make it intelligent and objective, as if an idiot didn't frame the question

Woah roidrage, stick to lifting instead of discussion you neanderthal

> (You)
>How do I know if "light" is 30% or 90%
Fucking tripcode wearing fags getting mad when called out on their shit. How about actually putting your ego aside and answering my question?

Yes. 5lb dumbells will get you to what 50lb dumbells will get you to with enough reps

Happy?

>i don't understand what percentages based on a 1rm mean
This is elementary school level you daft cunt.

Getting mad enough to resort to samefagging.

This thread is a disaster

I blame OP

To a point.

You cant rep a pencil for 99999x999999 and make gains.

You need threshold intensity.
As long as you meat that threshhold, muscle growth is the same, if the total volume is the same.

Pic related, 28 reps = no gains.

Even with a 20 rep set, the first 7-10 reps arent even causing metabolic damage, or stimulatig an adaptive response (i.e. Growth and strength)
No need to go above 15rm ever, and even that is high.

So triples are good for hypertrophy too?

If you do enough of them, yes.

>i'm too dumb to understand the infographic
Stick to lurking.

How many sets is "enough"?

But it said that there is no difference in hypertrophy for 3-5 vs 9-11 and 13-15

What am I not getting?

And some followup info
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bRevyyFM82w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9SQ97rfyO4
Not really, because it is hard to do a lots of heavy triples, but if you implement them in a pyramid or reverse pyramid rep scheme, then sure

Enough to amount to enough training volume to progressively overload the muscles you are training...

There is no hard and fast answer

It's all about a total workload and it's increase over time
This is most applicable to big compound lifts
(Isolations are better of at being kept at higher rep range due to injury potential, less overall stress and simply because most muscles respond better (there were few studies saying that pump increases protein synthesis)
Also working a muscle with high reps (at decent 1rm%) ensures that the muscle will get a good amount of time-under-tension

(Comparing with similar total number of reps)
8x3 at 225lbs = 5400lbs total workload
5x5 at 200lbs = 5000lbs total workload
3x8 at 180lbs = 4440lbs of total workload
2x12 at 150lbs = 3600lbs of total workload

Final note
Heavy on the main lifts
Lighter in accessories

Use progression from heavy lifts as a driving force in upping the weights for assistance exercises
Ie: if your bb bench increases in 20lbs, your db bench will also (maybe not by 20, but it will)
Use all rep ranges from 3 to 15

Man curling balbell at supa hihg speed