Is there anything wrong if you want to live off soylent?

Is there anything wrong if you want to live off soylent?
I want to test it out for scientific reasons. But i don't really want to fuck up my steady weight loss.

Other urls found in this thread:

desustorage.org/fit/search/text/soylent/type/op/
diy.soylent.com/recipes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

b-bump

i tried it, it's shit

desustorage.org/fit/search/text/soylent/type/op/

I'm not a huge fan of soylent, mostly because it tastes like cake batter which wears thin after a few shakes.

Living off of it may make you miserable, though. No varying texture, no flavor besides cake batter. Really the variety is what you miss the most.

> soy

Are you a CEO running a multi million company that doesn't have time to eat a proper meal?

You can survive on it, maybe healthily even, but it's no way near ideal. There are certain phytonutrients in plants etc that our really good for us, we have horse tic responses to some foods and those responses benefit our body pretty significantly, but they're not essential to our survival. You can probably survive on it, and you'll probably be healthier than the vast majority of the world's western population. I don't know about soylent specifically, but this is the case for every food replacement thing I've looked into, it's the case for Huel

The whole point of soylent is that you can modify the recipe to suit your needs.
diy.soylent.com/recipes has all sorts of recipes that fulfil different dietary requirements. If, for instance, you workout a lot and want to maintain good muscle mass you may simply want to increase the share of protein powder in the recipe. This is soylent's advantage: it is very flexible.

Vincent Canfiend did a blog series on his website; you should check it out.

No, i'm a fatty and a student that rather would study lift and play video games instead of making meals. It would also be more economic to me because food is fucking expensive in norway.

Hooollly shit! I thought shills on Veeky Forums was a just a meme. Is Veeky Forums really this normalized now?

Calm down.

you're an idiot op

kys

or you can eat normal food like a normal person and not meme sludge you bought from some shitty website

lol if you're a fatty then good fucking luck drinking that thick shit. you got fat because you like the taste of food, do you think you're going to be able to give it up completely?

And if you did that you would have no interest in participating in this thread.

I dunno man, i was just going to try it out for like 1-2 weeks really to check out how my body reacts to it etc.
I have been eating chicken,eggs and greens for 8 months now. I like to think that i'm good at adapting to shit by force.

well the good news is you wont starve to death in 2 weeks, so you can realistically try any sort of weird diet you want and see how it affects you.

cooking is a virtue. good luck bringing a girl home, she asks for something to eat and all you can serve is disgusting ass liquid.

>girls

I wish user, i wish.

it doesn't provide you with the full variety of nutrients our bodies have evolved to use. its also a horrible idea to go off of a liquid only diet, assuming its all in that weird shake form. I know this from personal experience after surgery

B-but user, the girls are the ones who DO the cooking.

i would. to laugh at broscience skellys that will never make it

Ask Cosmo.

On top of getting rekt to oblivion by John fucking numbers, hed been living off soylent and the excess estrogen fucked his brain up so much he went full tranny

You do realize soylent is made of dead people.

Yea...I don't think people looking to become the next Mr. Olympia are trying soylent, but that doesn't mean you can't still have a decent body with low body fat and some muscle definition while on the diet.

If it allows you to track calorie and macro intake you can lose weight on it.

You're probably more set in terms of vitamins and nutrient intake than most western people that eat a ton of processed food

BUT

It tastes really bland and you will miss normal food in a day or so. The macros may not be completely sufficient for cutting, maybe add in some extra proteins.

Also keep one thing in mind, depending on how much weight you have to lose. Soylent is a temporary thing at best. If you have a lot to lose you need to look at changing your eating habits structurally and not just swap out for soylent for a while.

After you inevitably quit soylent you could go right back to overeating.

>Is there anything wrong if you want to live off soylent?

>Is there anything wrong if you don't want to eat food?

Yes, you probably have a mental illness or autism.

stop wishing and start achieving. you could perhaps uninstall all your video games and instead invest in a good book. or you can just keep playin your vidya and fap into a sock every day.

>not knowing how to cook
>expecting to make gains

it's not about the result, it's about the mentality of the average Veeky Forums idiot

there is this proven balanced meal plan that is optimal for gains and health in general, but the Veeky Forums idiot just has to try meme sludge for 2 weeks? why? who the fuck knows why, i know he doesn't

it's the mentality of not being able to commit to something (in this example, proper nutrition and meal planning) that makes me sure op will never make it. he will be that dude that disappears from the gym one day and never returns, i guarantee you that

Thanks for a good post. I have been eating well for a good many months now with an daily intake of 1700 kcals. I'm honestly just tired of cooking and eating food, and i find it even harder to do so when i'm going to uni and are working on the side.
It's also more economic to me.
Besides it seems interesting to try.
I'm aware of it being simple to go up again if you go back to eating shit, the current me would not to that as i understand the consequences of doing so.

I do read, play el-guitar and piano as well. It would be a good idea to quit video games as it takes up a lot of time, but i don't think i'm ready to do that change yet. I would also need to cut contact with all my current friends to stay away from it.
But absolutely i see what your point is.

nice meme bb

A PT told me that you need slow carbs and not fast carbs witch you do find in soylent according to him. Is this true?

you need super fast carbs in order to go super fast

common logic user

can you diy soylent?

You'll need additional fiber. It has maltodextrin in it, but IMO that isn't good enough to get shit done (literally).

Do one actually need fibers ?

if you want your intestinal fauna to work

if you like shitting solid and give a shit about your gut bacteria, otherwise, not at all

Just shitty protein, cheap carb powder and a multivitamin in 1.

Grind up some oats, put whey in it and fuck those added vitamins. Maybe some nuts for fats.

Max 10% the cost of this jewlent scam.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE

whats a good recipe for a male replacement shake?