I made a thread yesterday about plateauing but i went to sleep and it died before i could reply to anyone

I made a thread yesterday about plateauing but i went to sleep and it died before i could reply to anyone.

So I eat about 800-1200 calories a day. Myfitnesspal says i should be losing about 2+ pounds a week and so far I've been losing an average of 3 for the last few weeks until this week. I haven't been eating any more calories than usual but I'm stuck at 171 pounds.

Some people said it could be water weight? Is that really a thing? Someone else said I should go up to maintenance for a few weeks. Why would that work?

I'm a lazy girl that just wants to hit 140 pounds as fast as possible. I've already lost 20 pounds from 190. What is going on? Why has it slowed to a halt? I track my weight every single morning at the same time. How do i break through this?

Why do you eat in a range of 400? What is your maintenance?

800 is incredibly low and not even the tiniest adult woman should ever eat that low, especially when she is also working out.

My bet is that you are starving yourself and your body has reacted accordingly.

tits plz

i had a friend who was eating similar amount of calories and he didnt lose shit either. theres some magic about calories, going too low just doesnt seem to help you.

don't aim at getting there as fast as possible, aim at keeping disciplined and not ever fucking up your diet / excercise routine.

If you're getting impatient after a week of no progress it should really worry you since it shows you might not be motivated enough to make it

What the fuck are you talking about?

I've been on 1,000 calories a day for 5 months and I've lost 115 pounds.

Granted, the lower you go, the more protein you need. In fact, if you dip below 1,000 almost all your calories have to come from protein.

Up your protein intake, drop your carb intake. In fact, drop carbs as low as physically possible. You should be eating about 120 to 150 grams of protein a day.

Torrent a copy of Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and follow his diet. You'll lose 4 pounds a week if you have the discipline to stick with it.

>lost 115 pounds

Meaning you were a fat shit. It's commonly known that fat peopel can get away with ridiculous deficits. Because they are fat.

Your body is panic'ing i had the exact same problem. I had a realy carb heavy day off (Huge ass pizza) then 2 days later i had lost loads of weight. Speaking from personal experiance here this happend about roughtly 3 weeks of strict dieting for me.

>120 to 150 grams of protein
>a lot

that is like my snack time

Stick with a minimum of 1200. Anything below that is going to fuck up your hormones and make weight loss even harder.

>Not snacking on a tub of protein powder dumped into a five gallon drum of water
>Making it
Pick one

you're far past your BMR, reverse diet before you fuck your hormones up and eat at a reasonable deficit. I'm a guy who works out every day and i weigh 166 and my BMR is 1700 and thats the lowest ill go when i cut.

your body has started replacing the lost fat with water. give ur body a boost with a carb heavy day so it can sort itself out. It will help ur body flush the water out and add abit more substances to ur muscles. the result should be contuined weight loss and incressed muscle defination.

I lose 1 lb a week this way and get stronger at the same time and still have sanity, when your in a deficit reverse diet back up to maintenance every 10-12 weeks to prevent metabolic damage, stay there for 2-3 weeks and than slowly go back to your bmr for 10-12 weels. Healthiest, safest way to do it without drugs

This dudes wrong, extra water does nothing negative to the system its just acting as a buffer right now beacuse ur body is confused take a cheat day preferable carb heavy.

OP posts a thread and then never replies.
Full retard.

Have fun fucking up your hormones and binge eating and gaining all of that fat back

I'm at 6'3" 232 22% body-fat right now. Still losing a pound a day.

Regardless of how fat you are there is no diet more effective than the PSMF. As long as you have the will power to do it.

That's a pound of chicken breast m8. You must be huge if a pound of chicken is just a snack.

Regardless, the chick only weighs 170 - on a PSMF you need around 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass. She could actually go down to 100 grams daily and be fine.

>losing a pound a day

Damn dude pretty soon you'll look like a starving Ethiopian! Great work user !!!!

That's the beauty of cycling protein sparring modified fasts carried out over months. It completely reset my appetite as well as my taste for sugar, salt, and fat.

Every 6 weeks you take a 2 week break to eat at maintenance. Personally, I found it difficult to eat even half of what I used to. I find it impossible to drink any kind of soda - it's just too sickeningly sweet.

I used to weight 430 pounds - I've experimented with every diet I could find: keto/vegetarian/low fat/low carb/intermittent fasting/5-2 fasting/you name it. I started these PSMF's after I already lost 100 pounds with a year practicing healthy eating habits.

If you undertake the diet with conviction, and prepare yourself for it, nothing else can compare.

>extra water does nothing negative

it won't thin down your blood or make you fucking kill yourself

So you're saying I should eat PIZZA to lose WEIGHT?

Too much lose skin for that, lad. I look like a holocaust survivor.

My hormones are artifically supplemented since my overies are fucked. So in theory they should be stable.

god its 1g per 1kg, (~ 2lbs) of LEAN body mass.

Stop eating twice the recommended protein and getting fat.

Sounds like you're a fat fuck that can't manage eating a defecit.

I'd say stop being lazy and workout

You're eating too little, borderline starvation, eat more and workout to burn the excess calories, you don't need to "go back to maintenance", that's bullshit

If you think you're on a deficit and still not losing weight, there's only 2 possible scenarios:
1- You are not on a deficit (eat less / workout more)
2- You're losing fat, but gaining water/muscle (don't worry, keep doing what you're doing)

There's no such thing as eating too little that you stop losing weight

I want to believe you're right because i don't like the idea of eating more to lose weight. I have no reason to think my calorie counting is off so i'll give it another few days and hopefully it'll start dropping again.

I'm going to eat prepackaged food with clear nutritional information for the next few days just to make sure my calorie counting is correct.