How bad is red meat really?

How bad is red meat really?

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/
science.time.com/2013/12/16/the-triple-whopper-environmental-impact-of-global-meat-production/
time.com/4344556/mount-everest-death-climbing-vegan/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0020456
m.pnas.org/content/113/15/4146.full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Top tier foodstuffs
Sat fats are good for test

The farm industry is fucked, so hunt your own bear, deer, or moose meat.

T. Joe hogN

processed red meat is sketchy (ground beef, sausages, deli meat ect.)

whole cuts are fine tbqh famalam, pretty expensive though, could be getting the same nutrients from far cheaper chicken

It's not bad for you at all.

Its good as long as the source animal is good and it hasn't been processed.

I eat about 50% processed and 50% natty read meat

I thought ground beef etc was just feeding cuts through a meat grinder without adding anything to it (unlike with sausages, deli meat, etc, where they stuff preservatives and salt into it) and was therefore no worse to eat than regular beef cuts?

Am I mistaken?

if the label reads as such

the ground meat you get from premade food, store brands is another story

If I have to eat red meat, I eat about 70% nonprocessed meat real fast and then I eat about 30% processed red meat regularly to confuse my stomach

>tfw have an allergy to red meat because i got bitten by a tick

pretty shit tbqhf

Do you even chicken. Red meat is too expensive for the amounts we have to eat.

When your steak is over cooked like that it has greater risk of giving you cancer.

not mistaken, user's an idiot

>"user medium rare meat is the best! You should try it!"
>"Sure why not"
>Indigestion for a week
>Go to doctor
>You may have bowel cancer
>Remain sick for following month while tests are done
I have my red meat medium/mediumwell

Has iron in it. Your blood needs iron or it won't work at all.

>had medium rare once
>got "cancer" from it
>month later he is fine still eating red meat

im glad no one lies here

It's bad pretty much any way you look at it. Full disclosure I am vegan.

It's bad for your body, unsustainable ecologically, more expensive than non-meat proteins, and factory farms are pretty fukt.

But the reasoning that is most apt for Veeky Forums is that buying meat from a store is beta and evolutionary regressive. If you're going to eat meat at least be able to track and kill the animal yourself. If not, you're watering down the alpha cave genetics of your predecessors and contributing to the shitty environment your children will be forced to inhabit.

Ascend, brother.

You can condition yourself out of that you know

Do you grow your own plants then or are you just stating shit that you wouldn't even do if you were to happen to eat meat because you are trying to convince other not to eat meat?

What does that even mean? You can condition yourself out of cancer? Do I have a tenuous grasp of the English language or does that really make sense to anyone?

>tfw been sick over 2 years because of a tick bite i dont even remember

Misconceptions are great, aren't they?

Red meats not the only thing with iron though

sry bro never go outside

I didn't say it was the only thing that had it you faggot. I said it has iron in it.

What does T. mean

>IVE ALREADY FUCKING LURKED, I CANT FIND OUT WHY

>it's bad for your body
No, it's not.

>unsustainable ecologically
Debateable

>more expensive than non-meat proteins
Not equally as fulfilling, though.

>factory farms are pretty fuky
I dont care.

Local produce production doesn't have a net negative impact on the environment. And if it does, it is multitudes smaller than that that meat has.

Saturated fats are probably only bad if you are gaining weight. Weight change is completely dependent on caloric intake. Sodium nitrate as a preservative IS bad. But that's not red meat's fault. So, it's fine to eat. Don't listen to the normies, they don't know anything.

You have cancer because of eating your meat well done. Blue for lean cuts like fillet, rare-medium rare for fatty cuts like sirloin or rump.

nothing on urban dict either

>It's bad for your body
who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

>Unsustainable ecologically
science.time.com/2013/12/16/the-triple-whopper-environmental-impact-of-global-meat-production/

>not equally as fulfilling
You're probably just a bad cook

>I don't care
6666EdGy 420me

pic related

tiny balls

Potato chips have vitamin E and potassium
Shit has vitamin b12

What exactly is your point?

Thats not what i asked faggot. You got all fedora and said humans desire that primal instinct to hunt for their food.
Now im asking if you practice what you preach and harvest your own crops? Or are you just full of bullshit trying to convince others to stop eating meat?

>eating bear

it tastes horrible, user

>who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/

That's like saying 'the sun is bad for you'. Also, it clearly says: 'Eating red meat has not yet been established as a cause of cancer.'

>science.time.com/2013/12/16/the-triple-whopper-environmental-impact-of-global-meat-production/

>quotes an editorial

>You're probably just a bad cook

Yeah, because the way you cook matters in how fulfilling meat is compared to non-meat proteins.

>6666EdGy 420me

It's not edgy to not care about that stuff. Most people don't care.

>time.com/4344556/mount-everest-death-climbing-vegan/

>who.int/features/qa/cancer-red-meat/en/
One citation that leads to no actual peer reviewed research article that usually cites many other articles to back up claim. Even just one research article would have led you to back your claim up with a good amount of support.

>science.time.com/2013/12/16/the-triple-whopper-environmental-impact-of-global-meat-production/
again, another site where a journalist interpreted studies.

>you're just a bad cook
Being a bad cook or not has nothing to do with feeling hungry or not. I could eat some shitty ass bar food and still be content.

>every sentence has a deeper meaning to it that implies something larger

Red meat has iron in it. Period. What the fuck. I can't state a fact?

It's the first letter of a finnish(?) Word meaning signed. It just means that the quote can be attributed to the following person.
>Oh fuck I want it in my ass! Give it to me baby!
t. Your mum

It's the finnish abreviation for a word similar to "by"
Example in case you are retarded

"I am Iñigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die"
t. Iñigo Montoya

I have no idea, but I wanted to comment anyway

It was a synthesis of several studies. But since you couldn't use Google, here you go:
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0020456

If you are somehow still in denial about the ecological impacts of different dietary choices
m.pnas.org/content/113/15/4146.full

I have two couches in my home

And I didn't imply you said they are the only thing with iron, I was just stating a fact

here we go

>red meat is not the only thing with iron though
>though
>implying i said red meat is the only thing with iron

When the bell rings, go to English class.

>I make claims but its your job to look up the information
Thats not how it works but im glad you posted up a citation.

The study does show increase in risk for three different types of cancers and the study suggest limiting the intake of red and processed meat.

>Meat is bad
I sometimes can't handle the meta memes of this board. I better go activate my almonds.

nigger

>bad
Come the fuck on. It's the best tasting thing there is.

You get enough iron with a typical diet unless you donate blood or something

Red meat is high in sulfuric purines which cause inflammation and typically a lot of saturated fat

Is what science says

But I don't think the inflammation is that bad

Yup, it is quite literally just ground beef.

>beef has higher caloric density
You're either just literally buying nothing but prime cuts or you're not calculating cost correctly.

I don't know, but those mushrooms look pretty good brother

Not the beef's fault your bowels suck
>bad for body
No.
>unsustainable ecologically
Human population growth is unsustainable. If you wanted to make a difference, you'd be campaigning for the end of aid to Africa, a trade embargo with India and China and an end to free movement of labour and services.

Of course you won't, because you're a pleb.
>more expensive than non-meat proteins
False.
>factory farms are pretty fucked
I agree, which is why I buy locally sourced food.

Grillin some lamb

Feels good,

It's only bad if you go past medium rare.

>Full disclosure I am vegan.

Stopped reading here.

>Full disclosure I am vegan.

I appreciate you being upfront with me about this.

That being said I completely ignored the rest of your post.

>Taking dietary advice from blogs.

Why don't you retards don't consult a dietician? No self-respecting person with a medical degree will ever tell you something retarded like that.

some shit from /int/, think its finnish idk who cares just meme it anyway
-t. a mememaster

We're going through an increasingly worse obesity epidemic and you're telling me I should trust nutrition authorities.

lol

Why wouldn't you? You think nutrition authorities are responsible for everyone gorging themselves on junk food?

Think of it as "Attributed too"

Example
"I hate reddit" t. Richard Nixon
"I hate reddit" Attributed to Richard Nixon

>Ascend, brother.

I always thought it meant tier

What where the fuck do you live. Are ticks really this bad, christ I never knew

Means regards u fucking idiots

t. /pol/

This made me laugh

Do you have a lot of muscle pain and fatigue? I have the exact same thing but it's a viral post flu sequella that I got from a vaccine. Really ducked my life up man

You''re fucking retarded, small scale farming is usually more harmful for the environment, I live in eastern Europe and the soil here is fucked because everyone farms small-scale just to sustain their families in the more rural areas. The groundwater is poisoned, the soil is diminishing and it's more nutrient poor than it would ever have been, had a single company managed it.

>Talk about being alpha and hunting down animals
>Oh no guys the animals get mistreated DDDDD:

Fucking kek, just kill yourself my man

ITT: the red meat is bad for you meme

good for gains in the mid term
good for tase buds in the short term
good for cancer in the long term
good for clogged arteries in the long term

also destroying the planet and all that vegan propaganda stuff

You, I like you.

Let's fuck hard.

>But the reasoning that is most apt for Veeky Forums is that buying meat from a store is beta and evolutionary regressive. If you're going to eat meat at least be able to track and kill the animal yourself. If not, you're watering down the alpha cave genetics of your predecessors and contributing to the shitty environment your children will be forced to inhabit.

I hope you only gather your plant foods. If you grow or buy any if it at all then you're an enormous hypocrite.

Only if you eat a bear fatted on salmon and other seafoods. Meat from a bear fatted on berries, grains and deer/moose is delicious.

What about the hundreds of meat eaters who have also died?

was in bed most of the time and lots of pain, dont even know how i am holding up.