He doesn't overhead squat

>he doesn't overhead squat

Explain yourself, Veeky Forums.

>lift to look good naked and to feel good
why the fuck would I do an exercise that is the most techinically demanding with no extra clear benefits?

>Twice the chance of injury with none of the benefits.

Fuck off

It has no benefit for me. I don't snatch. If I want to work on overhead stability I'll take the log or the yoke for a walk.

I don't think I'm flexible enough

Why would you OHS if you don't competitive snatch?

What about overhead lunges?

I can only overhead press in the smith machine due to a shoulder injury.

sad feels thread

Olympic lifters don't even do overhead squats much, its pretty useless (except for some beginners, and then there's catalyst athletics)

Why would you do OHS if you don't even snatch? And if you snatch, its better to do other variations / squats than OHS.

I've been doing them to add in snatches to my routine but they're difficult. I'm still just doing the bar. How do I get better?

>not doing the superior overhead leg raise

I overhead deadlift

My flexibility is shit(which I should probably fix) and I don't see any need to do it

If you're not athletic enough to do even OHS, it will take months for you to get even poor at snatch, its pretty hard movement and it took me 8 months with a coach until he said that i should start to focus on adding some weight that feels heavy

My arms look small fully extended

How do I get better though? I don't care how long it will take so long as I can do them.

I only do them as a warmup for snatch with just the bar or one of those wooden sticks.

>does the same thing to your legs, hips, and back as a high bar squat
>a quarter of the weight

lmao

You get a coach and save atleast half a year from developing inproper tech

Can someone post that shopped picture of Rippetoe showing up with milk jugs? Thanks. Have a butt in return.

Your advice is shit, just so you know.

If you're not literally Clarence Kennedy, you need coaching to get past the 'absolute trash' level in weightlifting.

No, its the best one you get. What do you tell someone who wants to get into a sport like boxing, to get a coach, or give a few tips? How about just learning some punching skills? To get a beginner course, or few tips?

Why r u so mad? Because it wasn't that easy?

I'm not mad. The advice is literally shit.

>hey how can I get better at this?
>go ask somebody else.

That's shit advice.

So you were surprised that i'm not an weightlifting coach? Woah, im so sorry.

I dobćt overhead squat precisely because iof what the picture says - it's very demanding technically and small mistakes can snap your shit up.

Also, the OHP bit is the limiter here so you would never squat any meaningful weight with this exercise.

Why not just OHP and squat separately? It's both safer and more productive.

You never OHP the bar during an overhead squat.

Lol, wow you're a little passive aggressive bitch, aren't you? Kill yourself, faggot.

nigga I cant even do shoulder dislocations

last time I tried fixing my shoulder flexibility using them, I somehow magically injured one of my shoulders, can't even make it rotate backwards anymore without pain

snatches are a pipe dream for me

You need in-person coaching to not suck. You're not different from a million other assholes who tried it on their own and got nowhere, I promise.

power snatches masterrace

all the benefits of a full snatch without half of the risks

> can snap your shit up
If you never learn how to get away from a falling bar, then it may be a problem. Weightlifting is one of the safest sports out there, because its pretty easy to get away from the bar.

Also, the OHP bit is the limiter here so you would never squat any meaningful weight with this exercise.
You can power it up with your legs, push press style, or even more weight with power jerk style

>Why not just OHP and squat separately? It's both safer and more productive.
I think that's the reason. Its easy and doesn't require athleticism.

Except you never learn to get under the bar, instead of just getting the bar up

Every OHS squat I've ever seen has either been stood up out of the stands or done from a BTN push press/jerk. There'd be almost no point doing it from a press or even a front jerk unless you're one of the rare squat jerkers since the whole deal is snatch carryover.

if you're training for power, then getting under the bar doesn't provide any benefits

absolutely no one uses OHP to bring the bar up, except maybe for warm up weights

quit talking shit when you clearly don't know anything

>from a BTN push press/jerk
This is what i meant, thought it was obvious (whole idea of driving with your legs and then pushing with arms)

>if you're training for power, then getting under the bar doesn't provide any benefits
But snatch wasn't meant just for power, so you are not getting all the benefits :^)

Right here with you buddy

>But snatch wasn't meant just for power, so you are not getting all the benefits :^)
>wasn't meant
[citation needed] from the creator of the snatch, please

I hope you realize how retarded a statement like that is, and don't actually start angrily googling

Listen, retard: I never said that I was any different. I also never said that I'm doing snatches just yet. Maybe, when I'm at that point I'll get a coach. But right now all I'm looking for is advice on strength training for the OHS. I'm doing baby weights with this shit because I'm not stupid. Furthermore, unless you're going to add something to this conversation, don't bother replying.

How's month three going? Dump OHS as a main lift, practice the classic lifts if that's what you want to get into. Front squat and work on overhead strength.

Fuck yourself while you're at it.

>lifting when you could get drunk
lmao

Nice.

I have a great idea, let me hurt my arms and elbows without the added benefit.

Pfft...

>hows month three going?

Is that really the best you've got? I've been doing classic lifts for years and am looking to do something different. Man you're a little bitch. Eat shit.

If you've been doing the classic lifts (i.e. snatch and C+J) for years and can't overhead squat, kysfr.

The OHS, by and large, isn't something you deal with as strength training. Its a technique/mobility exercise far moreso than it is a strength thing.

I've been doing your mums snatch for years

>not doing zercher pistol squats
DYEL, OP?

this desu

>"i'll injure myself if my form sucks!"
>"it's only good for improving shoulder flexibility"

and? y'all some bitch ass niggas

>fucking up your precious shoulders for some meme lift
retard

That's not an overhead squat. That's a snatch, nigger.

You realize the bottom position for both would look exactly the same, right?

>Olympic lifters don't even do overhead squats much

Who is Lu Xiaojun?

If that was an overhead squat, then a squat rack would be nearby. Use your head nigger.

bet you 1/8 squat pussy

>he doesn't overhead deadlift

Lol do you guys not want to make it on purpose fampachi?

Maybe it's made out of bulletproof glass

Literally the only guy going to worlds who jerks like that. Also a perfectly-built train-from-boy chinaman on large amounts of steroids.

>on large amounts of steroids.

If you think Lu Xiaojun is natty my good friend Mike O'Hearn would like to talk to you about how to maximize your potential as a natural lifter using BioGro Xtreme.

Bro you dont even know. I bet he took like 6 WHOLE steroids last night