Tards

tards,

I've had about 100 relapses on my diet. The same excuse "Now that I ate this I already fucked up",then literally 2 - 3,000 calories later I try downing a fuckton of water to make myself feel better and say at least im getting my water in.

I binge when I cheat,and I cheat everyday.
5'10 and 210lbs, was 170 two years ago.
Age 19

I could ask on the internet all day but how do I literally set my mind to stop doing that stupid shit? I hit the gym an hour to an hour half 3 or 4 times a day. Cardio/Lift/Suana

you formed a habit. you must modify the habit.

i sit in the same boat OP.

a strategy i have when cravings start to come in is eat 3 bananas or a few carrots.

but you must identify what cues you to the very first giving in.

Literally the mentallity of a woman, desu
Dont buy junk food, dont carry money on you if you're tempted after a workout, maybe try meal prep

if you want to read about habit forming and changed it this is the book.

how do i change that?
spent too much time with a semi tomboy gf and my mind got fucked up

Just make a decision and stick with it.
NOT doing things is easier than going out and doing things. Never had problems with eating, but I quit smoking cold turkey after smoking like a chimney for 12 years.
Stop being a weak cunt and JUST DON'T DO IT.

They're not "relapses" or "cheat days". You never begun dieting in the first place you weakling.

Binging is unhealthy, as is ballooning up and down in weight. You're also giving yourself anxiety/obsessing over something that's pretty simple, user. Relax. Stop punishing yourself.

Eat. Eat three meals a day, with three shakes to keep back any hunger pangs in between meals.

Figure out what your tastes are. In terms of REAL FOOD; something you or someone else made for you, not junk food or fast food or takeout or any other kind of shit at all.

Experiment. Try things you normally wouldn't.

And if you really are going to the gym 3-4 times a day, knock it off. You're only killing any and all potential gains, which in turns kills any possibility of keeping them during your cut. Get on a sensible 3 day fullbody routine (or 4 day push/pull if you must), figure out your TDEE and go from there, lad

I did the same shit for ages. For me I just got sick of failure to the point where I just associate sweets with defeat and it utterly revolts me. I learned to occasionally have a sweet in moderation. I keep freshly cut fruits in the fridge to curve my sweet tooth 95% of the time. Going binge on a pack of cookies could fuck me over hard, as where I could eat pineapple or watermelon til full and not even top 300 cals, which can easily be fit into your diet.
The biggest thing is coming to understand the slippery slope/avalanche effect. If you fuck up, just stop and get back on track. Fucking up more only pushes your goals farther away. It isn't like when you wake up tomorrow its suddenly a new day and yesterday's nutrition didn't matter. You still are stuck with thousands of calories to deal with.

Have some self control, that's literally all it takes, if you're breaking your diet everyday then you obviously don't want it enough, people that want change will do whatever it takes and you don't seem to be one of them. Try gaining another 50lbs then maybe you will hate yourself enough to actually commit to a diet.

The moment you view it as a diet you've already fucked up. A diet is temporary. You need to change your eating habits permanently. You're never going to make it if you think you can just hop on a diet every once and a while.

You need to tell yourself, "never again will i fuck up".
Don't drink soda and DON'T BUY SODA, don't eat shit food and DON'T BUY SHIT FOOD. If you don't have this useless food at home, then you won't eat it.

You need to set your mind to it, you need dedication, being fit is not easy. If you want to be fit, it needs to become your life. And it's not that hard to change. I used to eat and drink all kinds of shit food, but then i decided that i want to change my life and i didn't even look at it for few months. Now i don't even want it anymore, sodas and fast food doesn't taste good to me anymore.

Depends on the person really, what you describe is basically a bulk/cut cycle, as long as you don't get too fat and gain/lose weight at a moderate pace theres nothing wrong with fluctuating.

I will post some inspirational stuff for you. But as i said in my first post, motivation is not enough. Motivation goes away, you need dedication. FORM GOOD HABITS! Never touch shitty food again, there is NO time for cheat meals. NEVER. If you have cheat meal, you fail by default.

exactly.

There's a difference between cutting and bulking eating healthy food and being mindful of the exact calorie range you're trying to reach vs. just binge eating junk food, which op is obviously doing. He wouldn't call it a "relapse" of his diet if he ate 3000 calories of RCB.

>being fit is not easy
>it's not hard to change

nigga what

another one

not for this guy. He needs to never touch shit food for few months, that's the only way. There is no other way if he has problems with binging like a fucking pig.

After that, he can eat it every once in a while, i do it too, but first he needs to become not addicted to shit food.

Yeah i get that but i've done that very thing and made solid gains from it, gone from 10% bf to 18% and back over the span of about 1.5 years eating whatever making sure to get my protein in. It might not be optimal or the right way but theres certain personality types that can get away with it.

So you're telling me that it's good avice to tell someone that obviously has SERIOUS problems with his diet to just eat whatever he wants, as long as he gets his macros?

You can eat shit and still have the discipline to not go 3000 calories overboard.

Op here.
This is true af.

As to everything thanks for the motivation. The post about thinking shit food is poison sticks out, as well as cutting this shit cold turkey.

A problem I run into is my parents always buy shit food and try to feed it to me. Sooner or later I crack at night and eat it. My girlfriend's always making me Indian food, curry and shit and I'll make excuses how maybe the spices boost my metabolism and it's okay for the time being.

Tomorrow I'm going to steer clear of being close to any fast food, as well as my girlfriend's food. At home there's german cake I know I'll probably want to eat at night.

Habits are huge too, I go to the fridge when I'm bored. I smoke a cigarette when my mind rambles. Sometimes I get anxiety about going to the gym so I suffice a 20 min hiit workout at home and usually cut half the exercises in half because "I'm not as fit as I used to be".

I used to do parkour, crossfit, wake up at 5:30 am for football weight lifting and then football two hours after school.

Any more advice?

You only spent too much time looking for excuses.
What the fuck does any tomboy have anything to do with you lacking will power you dipshit, stop making excuses.
Goddamn retard.

To fill you up, eat chicken breasts. Prepare them properly, you can easily lose weight while eating half a kg of chicken breast and salad. Meat fills good and satiates even better.

Dont fry it. Don't eat potatoes or bread on the side if you wanna lose weight.

If your ever find yourself saying "I couldn't do this BECAUSE" you should know you're a bitch who can't stand up to himself.

I do make a lot of excuses in my life.

So filling up on turkey breast and shit is always better then a burrito at taco Bell or some shit?

jesus you guys really need to learn what purging is

Hey fatty, your problem is a lack of motivation towards a real goal, when you find that, you'll be set.
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care."

captcha- select all the food

Fucking hell OP you sound exactly like a drug addict who relapsed, same bullshit excuse same bullshit result. Your life is never gonna change because you haven't changed that mindset. Routine, only thing that going to allow you to make it. Go full autismo on your diet, do whatever it takes. The only way way your gonna make it is if you start being serious and not want to "waste" the pleasure of making your self fatter. One day at a time OP you just got eat correctly today. And then you tell yourself your gonna eat correctly the next day and so on

I've been to rehab because shit got that bad, you're definitely right.

I'm starting my own car detailing business and that's the only real goal I've set and want to deeply accomplish. In four days I've learned most of the ins and outs. I'll push that into my eating habits. Thing is I know a lot about what I should and shouldn't be doing, so I got to work on motivation towards becoming fit.

I think about the girls I could get, how I'll be flashing gold and abs but none of it truly motivates me when I'm about to keep eating.

cook for yourself. every meal. eat either some thing you cooked or if you need to eat on the go eat raw nuts and or some fresh fruit. don't buy bullshit foods that you know aren't good for you. if eat a lot in one sitting is your thing try intermittent fasting. i eat two meal a day. lunch is a salad with 3-4 eggs if i have the time and if i don't i just grab fifty grams of cashews or almonds and get my fill at dinner time. for dinner i eat a huge bowl of salad or steamed veggies and meat/fish and since i like eating sweets too after dinner i have a couple of bananas and a bowl of cherries or some seasonal fruit. try and see if you like this approach.

>If your ever find yourself saying "I couldn't do this BECAUSE" you should know you're a bitch who can't stand up to himself.
Fucking TRUTH

>better then a burrito at taco Bell
Taco Bell? FUCKING Taco Bell?? Why the FUCK would you ever eat at FUCKING Taco Bell? Are you FUCKING RETARDED?? Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy's, DQ, KFC, Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, Jack-in-the-Box, motherFUCKING MCDONALDS, ALL of those places serve FUCKING GARBAGE to FUCKING GARBAGE people. Do NOT eat at ANY of those places or ANYWHERE like them, EVER.

Eating at fucking Taco Bell, Jesus Christ...

>none of it truly motivates me when I'm about to keep eating.
Then keep eating you fat fuck. You're never going to make it unless you really want to.

Thoughts on alcohol? I tend to enjoy getting fucked up whether it's alcohol, weed, or opiates. I have a naturally athletic build even when I gained 30-40lbs but I'd just like to get back to my 9% body fat level that I was at in highschool.
Been lurking for probably 6 years this is my first post on any Veeky Forums board btw.

Had the same problem with my parents in highschool. They keep eating shit and don't give a fuck.

weed is obviously better than alco for your body since no hangover, no calories, it could make a workout or a mobility session more interesting and focused

I don't like to get fucked up and workout I enjoy the pain and struggle to get that last rep the go until I almost pass out feeling. But after I'm done and sitting at home I like to drink my whiskey. Any thoughts on why I shouldn't do it seeing as this is a rather motivational thread? I know it fucks with recovery but I'd still rather get hammered and do it all again the next day.

Tell your parents and girlfriend that what they're doing is hurtful. Whatever their intentions, they are making you feel bad. If they care about you they won't want to do that.

Otherwise, pick a diet you can actually stick to. Even if it's total shit, set a realistic goal. Planning to teat 500kcal of salad per day does you no good if you miss it the way you're doing. If you can't make it through the day without a burger, plan to eat a burger.

Fix your diet in small steps that you can actually make instead of giant leaps that leave you further behind your starting point.

>eat 3 bananas
not gonna make it

For example I mostly eat chicken breasts, peanut butter, tuna, greek joghurt, eggs, bread, broccoli, carrots, lettuce (without any dressings), potatoes, rice, nuts, lots of fruit (bananas, apples, berries, ...) once/twice per week pork. Maybe missed something, but that's the majority of what I eat. Pretty clean in my opinion.

If you are hungry, drink 2-3 cups of water.

You off drugs now? I went to rehab and do a bunch of 12 step fellowship to keep myself clean. Take what you learned at rehab and apply it to food. Everything that they teach you in rehabs & 12 step fellowships can be applied to every area of your life, but you gotta want it, more than anything else. Sugar is as bad as coke if not worse, and that was probably given to you your parents. It's fucking normal to be addicted to food these days, people just dress it up as whatever the fuck they want in order to justify their bad habits. Pick yourself up one day at a time

well just take it easy i guess? neither mind altering substances nor strength training should always be pushed to the limit. in regards to training you can't even properly progress if you push to failure everytime. strength is a skill and to get good at a skill you must practice while you're in a good state physically and mentally not while drawing your terminal breath because you pushed yourself to the limit. im not saying that going to failure is inherently bad but don't do it all the time. the same with drinking/drugs. do you have to get completely fucked up? no. get tipsy, have a couple of drinks not a bottle. wanna have a smoke? a couple of puff is gonna suffice to get you a different state of mind. no need to get baked as fuck and not be able to properly function.

Alcohol is probably more important to you than fitness. there is no such thing as a healthy alcoholic + if you drink a shit tonne constantly it really really fucks with your hormones, google images that shit

I use to be an alcoholic. Use to drink 1L of wild turkey a night. Haven't worked out in 4+ years. I have an addictive personality so I'm basically trying to turn one addiction to another. Trade drugs for fit? Seems like it could work. I enjoyed the level of brain function I had when I was big but I traded that for the drowning of life when it became too depressing. Tryin to change my life. Slowly but surely.

this

one thing i learned the hard way also is saying to yourself ''i am on a diet now and can only eat this'' will drive you insane and has a psychosomatic effect of making you 10x as hungry

modify the behaviors that you know are bad, but dont call it a diet. eg - instead of eating a candy bar, have some pineapple. have a filling meal of carbonara, instead of kfc. you really only need a ''diet'' if youre an autist that is trying to get to 7% bodyfat or something

I like this product
Ill never use it
I dont know the price
but its pretty much as far away as you can get from bullshit /fit products
YA WANNA GET BIG?
HERE YA GO A BUCKET OF JAMS AND OATS BOYIO

The addiction isn't just the mental and physical depndancy, it's the obsession of thinking about for nearly every waking moment. Play to your strengths, and trust me addiction isn't one of them. Took me one year of being completely sober to even build up the courage to go to the gym, even after months of preparing for it. If you want to translate your addictive nature into working out the first thing you gotta do is start working out, take a month to get used to physical exhaustion, then start a workout and diet routine and stick to it. Your addiction will do the rest