Bjj

Why aren't you learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu yet Veeky Forums? I've open mat in an hour and am about to get a better workout than I ever did at gym.

Extra benefits;
>Also learning how to efficiently choke nd submit people
>visibly seeing progress against new people
>ridiculously nice atmosphere, full of nerds, as bjj is like a puzzle ya gotta figure out. Feel finally at home in a sport.
>lots of QT 3.14s in the class, (and one milf ;))
>extremely therapeutic
>great for developing social skills and awareness
>meet people from all walks of life
>all your stress and daily moodkillers eliminate when your on the mats

Seriously the benefits are endless. Please try it! I'm recommending it to everyone I know..it's a miracle brahs.

>pic related me 'playing around' with a qt friend in town showing her some bjj. (I'm teaching her armband if anyone is about to slag my positioning lol, also I was fucked)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=phEZ62JEYA4
youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU
metacafe.com/watch/10005108/royce_gracie_vs_art_jimmerson/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I started practicing wing chun. Ever heard of it ?

Yeah I have actually! Wouldn't know much about it though but I know they grapple. How is it?

Also just forgot to ad the benefit of being able to roll for hours because there is no striking in bjj so you don't get hurt (well it's rare and always an accident if you did)

I sparred with 3 friends, none could hit me, I feel so safe, I didn't even hit them back, i told them to do their best, it requires to be calm in every situation, requires mental training. I'm slowly getting at it. 1 month in and still more to go.
I always tought martial arts are bullshit, now I've changed my view about life, incredible man.

Also planning to learn Tai Chi in my late 40's, that's superior to any fighting style.

um... no.

u made me kek
Give me an example that Tai Chi can't defeat.

because it probably wont help much in self defense situations

Do you know what Tai Chi is about or ?

Guys, please don't start this debate. Every martial art has positive and negative attributes. Have enough humility to respect all forms and learn from them. Practice what works for you and avoid what doesn't, but at the same time understand that paths that differentiate from your own are not always negative.

sort of... but i was talking about bjj, not tai chi.

Because I don't want cauliflower ears.

Based Jackie Chan is amongst us Veeky Forumsizens

Wing chun is a scum,one of the most retarded martial arts,if you want good reflex,incredible cardio,great punching skills do boxing instead,dont get jewed by wing chun classes and waste your money.

Been doing it for 7 years now and love it. You had a chance to compete yet OP?

No! I'm relatively new. Would he interested though, what's it Like? What belt are you btw? I'm a white belt

I'm not wasting any money, did boxing too, I consider wing chun superior, over time.
A newbie in box could probably defeat a newbie wing chun practicant.

Purple belt. Best way to test your skills desu. If you intend on competing just start as soon as possible.

But the only martial art you do? I'm going to start it and Muay Thai next month. I'm not trying to get into the argument of this martial art vs that martial art, my dad could beat up your dad type bullshit, but for applications in a real fight you might wanna try something with striking, getting kneed in the ribs whilst standing hurts so much more than any punch ever has, it seems kinda important to get used to the pressure and intensity of a violent situation like that

Post body pic OP, no homo

source of pic?

Actually brazilian ju jitsu, along with mma and krav maga and wrestling are most applicable in real life, unlike karate kung fu aikido etc.

Not OP but I did muay thai for a year and it takes a huge toll on your body. You can fool yourself by doing "fitness muay thai" which is just like paying for an overpriced cardio session but if you're serious about the sport, I tip my fedora to you if you're able to last very long in it while working a full time job.

Yes if you're an excellent muay thai fighter you can probably kick anyone's ass, but that's an art developed for third worlders who die at 40. Most gyms you find in the west won't get you to that level, and that becomes evident by the hordes of hipsters who go train in Thailand only to get their asses kicked.

>aggressive females

> it takes a huge toll on your body
the same could be said for boxing

> I tip my fedora to you if you're able to last very long in it while working a full time job.
why can't you hold a job while learning a martial art?

> Most gyms you find in the west won't get you to that level
and most boxers will never be as good as muhammad ali... not a good reason to stop attending classes if you're enjoying it lol

Youre an idiot, I hope you are aware of your relatively low iq.

not an argument

>He made points against mine
>Better call him dumb :^)

I don't like violence.

>2016
>not knowing the most effective martial art, historic european martial arts
>not being able to fight like these true warriors
youtube.com/watch?v=phEZ62JEYA4

I did judo for years. Its great, but it doesn't replace strength training, and strength training will make you way better at your chosen martial art, particularly if its grappling heavy like judo or BJJ.

Look into Judo, if you haven't. I tried a couple other martial arts for a little while, but found that I don't really enjoy striking. I always felt like I was going to seriously injure somebody or end up with brain damage or something. Judo is more sport and less fight, injuries can still happen, but they're of the "wear a sling for a couple weeks" category rather than "whoops there goes 5 IQ"

>Why aren't you learning Brazilian Jiu Jitsu yet
Because I don't like wrestling other dudes dicks with my butt.

I don't have time / interest to do any other sport, already doing weightlifting 4-5 times a week for ~2h session, so it takes like 3hours away from a working day when you add traveling. And i'd just rather do weightlifting related stuff, like mobility work, active recovery, tech stuff and so on.

Not the best sport to pick, if you didn't start as a kid. Coaching is so fucking expensive.

Then why are you on Veeky Forums?

Drain 'em.

Judo is great. Fun, technical, "relatively" low injury risk, less gay than BJJ. And yes, I have trained both.

went to a class one and it was fucking gay sorry
people were stinking horrible and i had to touch their feet etc,.

Nope,wing chun isnt superior over time,put carl froch against any wing chun artist that did it for a long time,carl would clear the floor with them.Same with any pro fighter.

Well i don't get scared if i hear that someone isdoing martil art x, i get scared if i hear that he has made it his lifestyle

mah nigga
BJJ got me in really good shape especially when it comes to cardio. And not being a team sport means you can make your own schedule instead of being bound by training times etc.
Only regret is not starting earlier

Did you practcie wing chun ? Or you're just repeating what some other dude said about wing chun, and it seemed like he knew what he said ?

Muay Thai + Sambo tbqh

Judo + boxing master fucking race

It's me lol. O Connell Street Dublin city

Coward

Will also fuck up your back and most of your ligaments and joints in general since cunts are pulling on them all the time.

I am the other dude you are talking about,and these 2 posts belongs to me.
And I didnt do any wing chun or something like that,but I did boxing 3 years,and I am watching boxing and mma in a regular basis,and suprises on you I havent seen anyone use wing chun on pro mma fight,not because of its 'dedly' its because of its straight out useless,you aint going to knock anyone out with light fucking punchs that does less damage than jabs,and you aint going to block a hard left hook with palm of your hand.
If you dont believe me go ahead and do research,you wont find a single fight thats been used and be effective,only thing you are going to find is some bald fucktard that shows useless drills.

>To train REEL muay thai u gotta kick your shins to bits against metal pipes and get kneed and elbowed in the head constantly every session, otherwise it's just fitness muay thai for faggots! My sensei who actually lives in muay thai told me! Real muay thai is so tough your heart will explode if you're not good enough

Oh and
>People who go to Thailand to experience a genuine muay thai gym somehow get beat by people who have trained multiple times a day since they were 6 years old
Fucking hipsters man

My whole fucking point is, the faggots who come to these threads to say how awesome muay thai is compared to everything else don't actually train muay thai, just some glorified zumba with sand bags.

Don't claim you're a killing machine and "effective in a street fight" when all you train is suburbia thai, faggot.

my friend has been doing bjj for 4 years and he is skinnyfat as fuck.

nice anecdote

Does he eat like a skinnyfat? I'm willing to guess with 100% accuracy that he eats like a skinnyfat

I imagine so, since hes a skinnyfat. I've never really asked him about his diet, seems pretty content looking like he does.

He did try lifting a couple years back, but fucked it off after a couple of weeks cause he 'didn't have the time'.

Huh... Who would have guessed

It's not only about using the palm of your hand, you got no point..
I'm cool with your oppinion tho, it's not worth sharing mine, why do I even bother.

ITT pic related

BJJ+Boxing masterrace reporting in

Anyone else do Krav Maga?

Actually using bjj in real life is a good way to get kicked to death. Only a dumbass would go to the ground in a real life situation. Just buy pepper spray and a pair of running shoes ya greasy twat

do you even know what a kick is?

the only fighting skill you should pick up is boxing. and learn the fundamentals to punching and movement

Everything eelse.karate. jew jitsu.. MMA.. BJJ is gay as FUCK

>wrestler double legs you and ground and pounds
>you don't even know a basic sprawl
>you're fucked

>knee the dumb retard trying to grab my legs
>he feels my knee because obviously isn't invicible
>he is slighty dazed and i finish him off with a clean right hook

Because I'm not Brazilian and hence I'm not interested in HueHueJewJitsu
In my country we smash rocks and cut forests as a way to socialize
I've just returned home after having cut wood for winter, ~400kg this afternoon. The same chops will be cut down even further in September
Enjoy your pussy jogajitsu

I do some sparring with kickboxers. I can check a kick but rarely throw them, for obvious reasons.

>Not learning how to use the greatest sword ever made instead
youtube.com/watch?v=9A-aL49F0Jc
I bet you kung fu or gay wrestling retards would just run away in this situation.

>what is UFC 1, 2 and 3

strikers with no grappling knowledge will always lose to even the most basic grappler.

retard

youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU

i dont have the mind or the patience ive always been a kick boxer.

if your fighting a group of people your probably fucked unless you start shooting people.

>pepper spray
why not a gun?

UFC is lame bro all them Fags would get knocked out by a boxer same cateogory and skill

the first UFCs were bullshit to stroke the gracies egos they purposely barred people several people who were world renowned fighters this goes for both grapplers and strikers. UFC rules also heavily favor grapplers look at when machida fought that penn state wrestler but lost because of the bullshit point system.

keep telling yourself that bud

here's your (you)

metacafe.com/watch/10005108/royce_gracie_vs_art_jimmerson/

art jimmerson
Golden gloves national champion
33-18
yea i am sure thats the best boxer the gracies could find. Gracies were good martial artists but they were master marketers.

people are so fucking cruel

pipebomb

>car rolls up and people run out
>oh maybe they are there to help him
>its just more people with machetes
fug.

If you end up on the ground and don't know how to get the upper hand you're gonna get your fucking head stomped in

this is an organised fight with rules

real fights do not have rules and especially that gay shit they are doing.

Fights dont have rounds buddy..its fight until the first man falls. The karate guy would get killed in a street fight

>the karate guy would get killed first
not this karate guy mother fucker.

This post has to be bait

>after 1 month i am a martial arts god

Which martial art would be best to learn if I want to focus on blocks, parrys, dodges and strikes with very little to no grappling?
Also on a semi related note, I'm thinking about learning jeet kune do, aka bruce lee's martial art, but I've never met anyone who knows anything about it first hand. Any brehs had any experience with it? Is it just hyped up due to bruce lee's star power or is it genuinely beneficial as a martial art. I wanna float along the ground like he did

Jeet kune do is a fucking scam i guarantee any place you go is some bullshit except for maybe that famous school in North Ireland. just do boxing for a good stand up and Judo or BJJ if you want ground game/throws.

JKD has very little to do with bruce lee at this point, mostly just MCdojo crap.

if you like fancy striking w/ out grappling look into savate, kyokushin karate, or sanshou

>not learning Aikido

Yes, way better than MMA and BJJ.

It's much funner than lifting weights desu that's why I signed up. Yeah I get my ass beat when we spar but I ain't no bitch.

guns are superior, but for the average person pepper spray is cheaper and easier to use. Guns and ammo are expensive and you have to put a lot of time in at the range.