These are the legs of a 600lb sumo deadlift and a 475lb squat

These are the legs of a 600lb sumo deadlift and a 475lb squat.

Source: maxx chewnings new youtube video

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vryoGcsso4
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's gotta just be terrible lighting and a bad angle to show off the size.

I squat just over 3 pl8 and DL just over 4 pl8 and my legs look pretty massive by comparison.

>bad angle
mate, those are just fucking sticks whichever angle you look at them from.

They are even angled outwards to show depth

Maxx has some skeletor legs but he is strong as fuck

Damn those guys were laughing then he did 500 diddy 5 times. My friend can't even do one rep and he's 220.

tfw when this is me but I can only do 250 squat. I still get called dyel, but I never see anyone even do 185 squat once and Im doing 250 3x8. They call me chicken arms and I can do 11 handstand pushups without the wall

you need volume for big legs,if he add volume he will become a beast

He has a 600 lb conventional too

Yeah i just said sumo cause it works the legs more

Show me his ass, I mean glutes

Is this true? So for hypertrophy I should stop doing 3x5 and go for more reps at lower weight %?

Any tips?

>pls respond

Yeah, hypertrophy sets are usually 8-12 reps.

>do a strength routine
>expect a lot of hypertrophy

Maybe switch up your routine for more volume dipshit

t..thanks...

I see people just doing power lifting routines and getting huge, there has to be another reason

3x8

I like to keep the weight up though

It's different for different people, i grew my legs on 3x5 and 5x5 routines and theyre one of my strongest points.

And its not as if maxx chewning never does volume, he often does dynamic sets and multiple styles/variations

he's probably 6'6"+ so it looks skinny but it's just stretched out

He's nowhere close to 6'6" m8

The reason is probably because people's bodies are unique and respond to different stimuli.

he's 5'11"

Yup, also he doesn't eat

He's 5'10

Why is it hard for people to understand that strength doesnt = size at least not linearly.

Here's a normal sized woman benching 315
youtube.com/watch?v=_vryoGcsso4

and a 150lb benching 410
youtube.com/watch?v=l84vmuuuHRg

When will you learn that no matter what some study of DYELs says, VOLUME MATTERS FOR SIZE???
I mean, there's a reason all the biggest and best bodybuilders train volume. Sure, they train strength too, and of course raising your maxes is very helpful for increasing volume, but the key to growth is high volume.
I know plenty of powerlifters who exclusively train strength, never hitting more than 5 reps, and they're strong motherfuckers, but I'm bigger and leaner than they are. One guy who trains at my gym weighs maybe 165 at 6 feet tall, and I've seen this kid deadlifting 595 for 2.
I'm 182 at 5'9" and deadlift 405 for 8. I squat 335 for 8 against this kid's 470 squat double, and my legs are HUGE compared to his.
I also do hamstring curls and leg extensions, and God knows he never goes near those.

this is what I'm thinking, not eating enough to feed the muscles but the cns gets stronger, not sure if broscience or not though

You really think someone can get to a 600lb without eating?

When you're trying to stay in a certain weight class for your sport yeah. Although recently he said he would be bulking and doing more volume for his shoulders n shit so I'm curious to how that goes

There is not one person that denies that volume = size. Pretty much all powerlifters train with a lot of volume to get bigger and than switch to lower reps before meets to increase neural efficiency and therefore make the new muscle more efficient. It's like they train volume to make the displacement of the engine bigger and then the slap a turbo on it to squeeze more power out of it.

>There is not one person that denies that volume = size
There literally are many people on this board who have been denying that lately though.

because you were doing these 3x5/5x5 squats 3 times a week, with deadlifts sprinkled in. that's a lot of volume.

everyone gets huge legs from SS-like routines, that's where the t-rex meme comes from.