/routine general/

Previous thread >beard edition

Check out our new sticky!
>fitsticky.com/

>Novice Programs & Routine tips (Rep Ranges, Volume, Frequency, etc)
fitsticky.com/novice-programs/

>Intermediate Programs
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs/

>How to perform the Main Lifts
fitsticky.com/how-to/

I'll be helping everyone as much as possible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dBYD7EvzTvM
desustorage.org/fit/thread/37443342/#37444376
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
youtube.com/watch?v=5IDqX1eMFmA
fitsticky.com/novice-programs
fitsticky.com/starting-strength
fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs
fitsticky.com/texas-method
youtu.be/-rh3MHnRI_I
fitsticky.com/lifts
youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0
youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trappy please check my form!!
youtu.be/dBYD7EvzTvM
Thanks!

Trappy, what are the volume guidelines eg 4-6 for main barbell lifts?

Not horrible but try to stay just a little more upright, while maintaining spine neutrality.

Bar is going in front of midfoot, which should never happen

Also, a little bit of buttwink

>Is it ok to do a weakness specific program
you can add movements to train weakpoints, yes.

>How would i go about designing such a program?
determine weak-point
determine primary muscles
train those muscles

any reason i shouldnt do pic related, while cutting hard af?

I put shrugs on day A though.

Running this for about a month seems to be working.

critique please

Upper A
>Bench 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>Incline Bench 3x8
>Lat Pulldowns 3x8
>Bent Over Rows 3x8
>Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
>Squats 3x5
>Weighted Back Extensions 3x8
>Leg Press 3x10
>Leg Curls 3x10
>Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
>OHP 3x5
>Bench 3x5
>Flies 3x10
>Pullups 3x8
>Pendlay Rows 3x8
>Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
>Front Squat 3x5
>Romanian Deadlift 3x8
>Leg Extensions 3x10
>Leg Curls 3x10
>Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

What'cha guys think for a novice-ish

I think you mentioned doing heavy loose-form lateral raises is key to increasing your OHP, but everyone is doing them differently. Which way do you recommend? Do you have a video for the correct way to do them?

Trapita-Bonita:

Is bad ankle mobility the cause of buttwink and an angled torso in the highbar squat in most cases? Thank you, much love.

I need to know if I am fucking up in some way I don't know. My goal is to get bigger and hit people with sticks harder. Pic related. Really I just want more and bigger power and would like to be built more like a strongman than a bodybuilder, don't care if I get a gut and all that.

Anyways, the routine:

Day 1: Bench 4x6-8, Shoulders 4x10-12, Triceps 4x10-12, Jerk 4x6-8, Chest 4x6-8, Triceps 4x10-12

Day 2: 4x10-15 of 6 different core exercises, not sure what all of them are called but I try to work, sides, top and bottom abs, lower back, neck, twisty abs with different exercises

Day 3: Clean 4x6-8, Traps 4x20-30, biceps 4x10-12, Lat pull down 4x10-12, seated row 4x10-12, biceps or row 4x10-12

Day 4: Stretching, 6-8x5-6 Squat, Stretching 6-8x4-6 Deadlift, Stretching.

Where I just list a generic muscle group I do because I generally do different exercises for those muscles every time. I don't do it by week just by days. SCA practice is always on Friday so whatever exercise would be on Friday I do on Sunday, Saturday is a rest day. Also my bike is my main transportation so I bike 5-6 miles about 5 times a week.

So I just hit 1/2/3/4 for 3 reps each after 10 months of lifting and now I want to switch to a more hypertrophy style training method so how does this;

Monday AM:
Flat bench: 8x8
Weighted Dips: 5x8
Cable flies 5x10

Monday PM:
OHP: 8x8
Incline bench: 5x8
Cable side raised: 5x10

Tuesday AM:
Rack Pull: 8x8
Weighted Pull ups: 5x8
Concentration curls 5x10

Tuesday PM:
Bent over row: 8x8
Lat pulldown: 5x8
Rear delt fly: 5x10

Wednesday AM:
Back Squat: 8x8
Lunges: 5x8
Leg press: 5x10

Wednesday PM:
Romanian Deadlift: 8x8
Hamstring Curl: 5x8
Weighted Glute Bridge: 5x10

Thursday: Rest

Friday AM:
Flat Bench: 8x8
Squat: 5x8
Cable Flies: 5x10

Friday PM:
OHP: 8x8
Leg press: 5x8
Cable side raises: 5x10

Saturday AM:
Weighted Pull ups:8x8
Romanian dead lift: 5x8
Concentration curls: 5x10

Saturday PM:
Bent over row: 8x8
Hamstring Curls: 5x8
Rear delt fly: 5x10

Sunday: SLEEP

Set the rack hooks and the safeties lower. You wanna take it off the rack by squatting up, not by doing a calf raise. And you never wanna hit the pins when squatting. Your depth isn't even that deep and you were already hitting them.

Wear better clothes for lifting, those shorts look terrible to squat in. Go for shorter shorts so that they don't get in the way, or stuff made of elastic fabric.

The squat doesn't look too shabby, you got the basics down.

But I'd recommend you get heeled weightlifting shoes (something with 1.5cm heels like the adidas PL2 should be more than enough). Your depth is very limited and your torso is considerably horizontal. While the first thing is not too bad and some of those reps would be considered IPF legal, and the second thing isn't necessarily a bad thing, when the weight gets heavier you'll start just not reaching depth and losing the bar position, with your hips getting higher than the bar (what people call "goodmorning squats").
This is not a current issue because the weight is fairly light, so you still feel comfortable going to max depth and keeping the torso angle and bar position consistent. But with heavier weights, those two things will be considerably more difficult to do

By wearing heeled shoes, you'll be able to increase your max depth and get the torso a bit more upright. This means you'll consistently be reaching competition depth when training, even in harder reps with heavier weights that you might not go to your max depth (as your max depth will be deeper than comp depth) - and you'll have less issues with "squatmornings" because the horizontal distance between the bar and your hips will be reduced by having a more upright torso

The Adidas PL2 is often in sales and can be found for cheaper than 60U$.
Other options of brands and price ranges, with info on heel height, can be found here desustorage.org/fit/thread/37443342/#37444376

I answered you in the last thread senpai.

Lmao that fatass is just using his lard as a trampoline.

jesus user this is way too much

Trappy, what do you think of this routine?
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Yes. Other things can be the cause of "buttwink", but bad ankle mobility will cause both of the things you mentioned.
Get weightlifting shoes. Some are as cheap as chucks, and often on sale. For info on options of brands and heel height, see desustorage.org/fit/thread/37443342/#37444376

Thumbs higher than pinky to keep your rotator cuff tendons safer.
The rest is personal preference.

Here's what we do in my gym:
- Heavy weights
- Elbows flexed, angle from biceps to forearms around 90-120 degrees (a bit more or less doesn't matter)
- Thumbs higher than pinky always (shoulders are not internally rotated)
- Torso a bit inclined, but not too much
- Involvement of all three heads of the deltoid and the trapezius and serratus - elbows will move a bit back as the weight goes up (dumbbells almost in line with shoulders), and the scapulae will rotate upwardly as the humerus is abducted, and have some elevation to help create momentum up
- 8 reps touch and go (using a bit of torso momentum is fine, just don't overdo it)
- reps 9-12 you wait 5-10s between each, holding the DBs at your sides. Don't put them on a bench or something, hold them.

Another option is doing full raises, like youtube.com/watch?v=5IDqX1eMFmA

Looks suboptimal, but not bad.
Don't follow his instructions on resting time, progression, and warming up. See fitsticky.com/novice-programs and fitsticky.com/starting-strength for better info.
Don't stretch before the workout (only minor stuff like ankles and wrists), do it after the gym when you're back home.

Is "proficient" Squat/DL on SymStr a good goal for SS? Currently and mid-high intermediate on most lifts.

I know I should finish when linear gains stop, but I'd like a target.

Yes, most people switch from SS when they reach high-intermediate/low-proficient lifts on symstr. But this varies from person to person. If you're still able to progress with it, keep going. If you're stalling too much, just change to an intermediate program.

fitsticky.com/intermediate-programs

See the "routine tips" section on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Finally one of these without >200 posts!

I'm running an Arnold split variant

ABCABCx

A: Chest/Back

Incline DP BP 4x12
Pulldowns 4x12

DB BP 3x12
superset with
Bent over DB row 3x12

Flies 3x12
Superset with
Seated cable row 3x15

Close grip pulldown 3xF
Superset with
T bar row 3xF

B: Lats/Shoulders/Arms

Military press 3x12
Front raise (DB) 3x12
Lat raises 3x12
Front raise (plate) 3x12

Curls 3x12
Superset with
Skullcrushers 3x12

Concentration curl 3x12
Superset with
French press 3x12

C: Legs

Squats 3x12
Stiff legged deadlifts 3x15
Calf raises 3x12
Leg curls 3x12

So when doing the lateral raises, your arms are forming a U almost at the top position, instead of an upside down low bell curve?

Also, how do you progress doing them? 1 rep each workout until you reach 12 then increase weight?

Are lunges worth adding to a leg day that already includes squats, deadlifts and accessories in calf raises and single leg press? I notice that Trappy doesn't seem to have them in any routine.

I want to cut after SS so I can bulk again for TM without turning into a powerblob

Are there any particular programs to follow in order to maintain my lifts during the cut?

Daily reminder that Trappy idolises some no name, fat, weak-despite-steroids ugly Australian.

And you think that despite this she's qualified to give you advice.

Enjoy your T-Rex modes.

Probably no need for incline bench on A
I would swap out leg press on B for a deadlift or variation, and leave extensions as the accessory
As a novice you'd be better off back squatting 2x/week instead of alternating FSquat
Again I'd put a heavier pull on B, even just heavier RDLs
Leg extensions/curls aren't great accessories especially for a novice

A: lift
B: lift again
C: lift more
D: stretch

Axbxcxd

>Been a mediocre lifter for years
>Did SS, got Squat to maybe 280 and DL to 315
>Bench and OHP have always been stuck at around 1 plate and 105lbs respectively

>Try 5/3/1 for a few cycles, hoping that by squatting and doing less DLs that my upper body catches up

>It doesn't, bench 2RM is 1plate and OHP is at 110lbs

I guess I should either rot, try a different program, or eat/sleep more

You should look at your technique. Something is seriously off if your press and bench are that close.

I've tried many changes. For the longest time I didn't understand leg drive in a bench but I recently figured it out and it helped a little bit. I tighten my core, squeeze my shoulder blades back, tighten my glutes too. My lats would also get sore or fatigued during bench now. The only other thing I can think of is my macros and sleep which I honestly never managed well. Even then, I've had no issues maintaining DL/squat above 2 plates.

2pl8 squat and deadlift is equivalent of a 1pl8 bench

you need to sort yourself out

Guess what? Everyone overestimates how good they think they're form is. If you post a video you'll probably get fucking shit on, but at least you'll learn to fix ur shit not have a subhuman bench to press ratio.

None of your numbers are anywhere near decent.

Eat more.

Diet and sleep are going to fuck basically all your big lifts, not just the upper body ones.

Also, 5/3/1 is an advanced routine, and you're not even intermediate yet. Stick to the basics.

Are you eating properly?
Are you resting properly?
Are your routine not completely retarded?
Are your form near perfect with easy loads, and at least above above average under heavy loads?

Just finished reading The Greskull LP and was thinking about doing the following program:

Push up and body weight rows six days a week (su,m,t,th,f,sa) using the ladder idea (1,2,3 reps = a ladder) until I get to five sets of "1,2,3,4,5" ladders.

Simultaneously, I plan to do m,w,f workouts ABA, ABA, etc...

Workout A: vertical press, Lat pulldown, squat

Workout B: bench press, barbell row, deadlift

All working sets will be: 5,5,5+ reps

This arrangement would give me a 2:1 vertical press to bench press ratio, but that would be compensated for with the body weight push ups and rows six days a week.

The idea would be to do this until my vertical press was in the mid 100's and I could do chin ups. Then, I would switch the workouts to ABA, BAB, etc...

My end goal is to be able to perform the following body weight movements for 5-10 reps:

Chest dips
Full body horizontal rows (feet in the air)
One arm push ups
Handstand push ups
One arm pull ups

What do you guys think?

My current stats are 5'11" 220 lbs and 29 years old.

>tfw telling ur gf where u got her routine frum

Will Spoto bench press actually help prevent that bounce off his chest or is it just a meme?

will training not bouncing off my chest prevent bouncing off my chest or is it just a meme? i don't know

I am new to lifting, thank you based Trappy for your help

He bounces it intentionally. If he didn't want to bounce it he would just not do it.

Lunges are fine if you like them. I never add them because I don't really like them.

Depends how much of a caloric deficit you're planning on doing.

Progression isn't very important, it's only being used as an accessory.
So just do what you feel you can handle, and try heavier dumbbells from time to time.

>oh

kek

A
3X5 Squat
3X5 Bench press
2XF Chin-up (add weight at 15reps)
2X15 Calf Raise
2X15 Forearm Curl
3XF Ab-roll-out

B
1X5 Deadlift
3X5 Overhead press
2XF Pull-up (add weight at 15reps)
2X15 Calf Raise
2X15 Forearm Curl
3XF Ab-roll-out

(3 warm-up sets at bar, 50% and 75%)

AxBxAxBx...

Will this work for a beginner who is on his third month of SL? I'm getting kind of bored and think I could handle a bit of isolation work for grip and calves, plus I'm much more comfortable doing pull-ups and chin-ups than rows.

You'll want some form of rows in there, even if just as an accessory. Vertical and horizontal pulls don't quite train the same thing.

And you can handle more than one deadlift set if you're not squatting on the same day.

There's a pretty good sticky in the OP that you should look into.

>barbell rows right after squats

who came up with this meme image?

A
3X5 Squat
3X5 Bench press
1XF Chin-up (add weight at 15reps)
1XF Pull-up (add weight at 15reps)
2X15 Calf Raise
2X15 Forearm Curl
3XF Ab-roll-out

B
3X5 Deadlift
3X5 Overhead press
3X5 Cable Row
2X15 Calf Raise
2X15 Forearm Curl
3XF Ab-roll-out

Maybe this?

I read the sticky and practical programing. This is basically a tweak on RPB5X5 and I just wanted to check that the tweaks aren't completely fucking the whole thing up.

I have the eternal Veeky Forums problem lads. I'm going back home for summer and the gym in my little village doesn't have a squat rack but a smith machine.
I was doing mad progress until now but I won't be able to properly squat, so what could I kind of substitute squats for, or should I just use the smith since it will be just 2 months and a half without a proper squat rack?

Pic related is the program I intended to do but, again, proper squatting won't be a thing unfortunately.

1. buy iron rod
2. buy bags of sand
3. buy two ladders

You have a squat rack

Quick question lads. Total noob here

I'm going to have access to a bar where I can do pull ups for 6 weeks at a summer camp. Last year I lost a ton of weight there (5'9, went from 185lbs to 158lbs over 4 weeks, lost my man boobs and 4 inches off my waist), and this year I was hoping to improve my body and possibly some strength gain (but I dunno wtf I'm talking about)

Considering I can probably do less than 10 pull-ups right now, how many would I need to do a day (and how many times a day) to see some results?

This may be a dumb question, but me and GF are doing Greyskull LP (except she does stiff legged deads), and she wants to do more butt stuff.

What are some good exercises to add in for that?

hamstring curls
good mornings
deep lunges

Goblet squat, split-legged squats holding dbs, landmine squat, pistols, cossack squats et cetera. Do some unilateral training for a while. Hit it hard enough and you'll maintain your strength.

Curious about what you think of /aesthetics/ general. Seems to be a lot of PPL suggestions, and obviously everyone is natty. :^)

I'm mostly asking because I was running PPL, and while it was fun being in the gym 5-6 days a week it was 1) hard to schedule a life around an inconsistent schedule and 2) I wasn't getting the necessary rest to take advantage of the routine.

People can make the threads they want and post whatever they want.
Just make sure the advise you're getting is good, and not "mt. stupid". Though many people don't care and will just take whatever "advise" that fits what they wanna hear (big reason why some people dislike me, I don't tell they what they wanna hear).

As for PPL splits, there's nothing wrong with them. You'll see I've always recommended these for a long time, see the examples on fitsticky.com/texas-method
But what most people call "PPL programs" (aka memecada or reddit ppl) are utter shit for people who are not on steroids. They are merely shopping lists of exercises with no actual thought or programming theory put behind them.

Also, PPL splits are not gonna make you "aesthetic". That's all on you getting good rest, listing with consistency, and having a good diet.
That's why you see "aesthetic" people who don't even follow any program. They just lift with consistency, get good rest, and have good diets.
You can get "aesthetic" doing pretty much anything. Including strength training (which is what I recommend for pretty much everyone) and even specific stuff like powerlifting training. Hell, most old school "aesthetics-era" bodybuilders got most of their look and muscle mass from strength training.

See pic related, who trains specifically for powerlifting and yet has a body that many would consider goal. Justin Lascek is another big example, dude trained with Rippetoe for years and has an iconic natural aesthetic look.
Wanna know why these people look good? Spoiler: It's not their program or split.

But if people wanna have a thread specifically for them to discuss aesthetics and whatnot, hell why not? Have fun. It's what this board is meant for.

Best exercises for the glutes are handsdown Barbell Hip Thrusts and Barbell Glute Bridges.

You don't need a squat rack to squat.

Not trappy,but your routine is absolute, complete shit.

> 1. Jerks
You don't do Jerk for sets of 6-8. You do Jerk for singles and doubles, and at absolute most, triples.

> 2. Cleans
You don't do cleans for sets of 6-8. You do cleans for singles, doubles, and at most, triples.

Anything lighter for clean or jerk might as well be cardio, and really won't be effectively training strength or explosiveness.

> No percentages, RPE, or plans for periodization or progress.
You're never going to make consistent progress if you come in and just try to add weight every time. You can do "waves", i.e, start light, add a couple pounds two or three weeks straight, go for a PR, and take a deload afterward. Or you can do a linear progression like Starting Strength or variations on it. Or a monthly periodization program based on your one-rep-maxes, like 5/3/1, or any other variety of programs based on your goals.

> 4. Weekly frequency
As a natural, you should be trying to hit every major lift twice a week. Squat twice a week, deadlift once or twice a week ( some carryover from squat, depending on the program), pressing twice a week, and pulling twice a week.

> 5. Rep schemes
If your goal is just to be more powerful and strong as shit, you really don't need to bother doing more than five reps unless you're running a fairly complicated periodization scheme like Smolov (don't run smolov anytime soon).

> 6. An entire day for nothing but abs
Throw a couple HEAVY sets on at the end of another day, and a few lighter, high-rep sets on the end of the other days.

> 7. 6-8x4-6 on deadlift
Jesus christ you don't need this many work sets unless you're doing doubles and singles, and you definitely don't need it on the only day you squat, too.

Please find a real program. It looks like Trappy-chan has already provided many good ones to choose from. If you want to include you olympic lifts, find good programming for them.

Trappy if I ate your cute ass would your butt wink at me? ;)

Trappy. First intensity day of TM was Friday. Heavy squats + deadlifts + chin ups + ohps. My lower back became really painfull after the workout and it still is. Is it normal or I am fucking something up?

Where do I incorporate calve raises for starting strength? I was thinking of adding them at the end of every workout for 3x8, Also alternate Machine and dumbells.

If you were dating a good guy who gave you regular dickings, but someone who was Zyzz tier came up to you, would you cheat on your bf?

Giving Candito's LP a whirl for a few months, see where it gets me. Running the ''''''hypertrophy'''''' model because a bit more volume is always fun, plus volumous, heavy dips and incline presses seem to be the only things actually giving my pecs some shape.

Upper Strength
3x6 Benchpress
3x6 BB Row
1x6 Overhead Press
3x6 Chinup
3x10 Lat Raise
3x10 Cable Facepull

Lower Strength
3x6 Squat
2x6 Deadlift
3x10 Calf Raise
3x10 Leg Curls

Upper Volume
4x8 Incline Benchpress
4x8 BB Row
4x8 Dip
4x8 Chinup
3x10 Arnold Press
3x10 EZ Bar Curl
3x10 Rear Delt Fly

Lower Volume
5x8 Front Squat
3x8 Stiff-legged Deadlift
5x15 Calf Raise
3x10 Leg Curl

The only mods made are more vertical pulling on the strength days, because I love me some chins, and swapping the L/U format around.

Standard progression applies and all that jazz.

DUP.

A: Rest-pause 20-25 + clusters of five for five sets.
B: Intensity/Heavy 3-4 sets 4-6 reps
C Volume/Moderate 3-4 sets 9-12

Increasing volume weekly once you hit the upper limit and then you increase the load, A day has a volume priorization while B day has a load priorization.

6on1off (or more).

Split is lower and upper body with 2 exercises for bodypart per session.

Achieved 4x frequency in 8 days.

Trappy can you help me and suggest what I could do to get a strong squat/OHP as well as develop thickness and look big in Tshirt. (Big upper back and traps etc).

Mon
Squat 2x8,1x8+
OHP 2x8,1x8+
Pendlay Row 3x5
Snatch Grip RDL
Lateral Raise 5x10-12
Face Pull 5x10-12
EZ Curl 5x10

Wed
Squat 2x6,1x6+
OHP 2x6,1x6+
Chin-up 3x5
LTE 5x10
Chinups BW 3xF

Fri
Squat 2x4,1x4+
OHP 2x4,1x4+
Pendlay Row 3x5
Snatch Grip RDL
Lateral Raise 5x10-12
Face Pull 5x10-12
EZ Curl 5x10

>I am unsure of whether or not to do SGRDLs or high pulls from hang, or can I do both and where would you do them?

>I'd only be doing high pulls for upper back and trap mass or would you recommend something else?

>Rep range for SGRDLs?
>Should I change the middle day to push press or just add it afterwards?

Trappy, I have heard that overhead tricep isolation work targets another head of the tricep than 'push' tricep isolation work, meaning that a combination is required to build triceps. Is there any truth to this?

Just open up EXRX you fucking retard.

you should watch youtu.be/-rh3MHnRI_I

Thanks for the response! This is my first time posting in a /routine general/, but I've been reading your posts and adjusting my workouts based on your advice.

thank you
nigger

I mean it. It's great fucking resource for learning mechanics of any lift.

I took your advice to heart. Reading the specifics of each excercise as we we speak. Thanks.

This helped a lot!

>Laskek
>Literally a single person associated with Rip who looks half decent and no others

>went and made his own alternative to SS anyway because even he saw it was shit

>Despite this it's the only person you can use because everyone else under Rip is a failure

>Laskek hadn't achieved anything himself

>Crossfit

Also

>old school BBs would have had anything to do with your programming

Kek keep dreaming

>Inb4 aesthetics general will eventually be filled with more people with better results than the acolytes of a Brazilian teenager who can't even squat 90kg

Is it ok to switch from a beginner strength routine after hitting 5x5 bodyweight squat?

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'll just ask here:
I've gone from 345 to 285 since December 20th, is that too fast or too slow or just right?

Beginners and intermediates are not demarcated by some arbitrary measure of strength, but by the relationship between stress needed to disrupt homeostasis adequately enough to cause strength increases and the ability of the body to recover from said stress. Beginners have a stress/recovery period equal to one training session, intermediates have a period of about a week. If you are still making progress linearly then you should ride out your genetics. Even if you stall, maybe deloading by about 10% would be better than switching to intermediate programmes. Conventional wisdom is to wait until your 3rd deload or until you aren't making progress even after the deload to make the switch.

TL;DR If you stopped making linear progress and a deload didn't fix it- yeah.

If you were morbidly obese (likely, given those numbers) then the large calorie deficit is less stressful on your body than continuing to live with so much extra fat. Otherwise you're putting a lot of stress on the body and probably losing quite a bit of lean mass on a 7 month 1000 calorie deficit. Just make sure to taper of the deficit as you approach normal bf% and to train to minimize lean mass loss.

So I want to go from Hepburn to Texas Method.

Old (Hepburn):

Squat, Bench, Shrugs, Lateral raises in kilograms
135/110 22222222 666
105/85 22222222 666
165 10
21,25 677

Deadlift, OHP, Dips in kilograms
160/125 22222222 666
75/65 22222222 666
42,5 666

New (Texas):

Volume
Bench 5x5 90
Squat 5x5 100
Barbell Row 3x5 65
Snatch Deadlift 2x5 125

Light
OHP 3x5 65 +1kg
Paused Squat 2x5 95
Shrugs 165
Dips 42,5 666

Intensity
Bench 1x5 100 +1kg
Squat 1x5 125 +2kg
Deadlift 1x5 160 +2kg
Barbell Row 1x5 75 +1kg
OHP 3x5 55

Does this make sense to anyone? Because it doesn't make much sense to me. It just looks like I'm taking things easier

Holy shit

I'm doing the "agile 8" after a mile jog as a warm up and i've been noticing my hip flexor in pain ( a tightness, not sharp pain) when squatting, and they day after. What should I do?

What is a good intermediate hypertrophy routine?

All the fitsticky routines tend to be based around strength

Try anal?

what do you guys think of rack work? stuff like bottom up squats, bottom up bench presses, rack pulls etc.

Try doing the agile 8.

If I'm gonna do this TM routine, how can I substitute rows for chin ups? I'm still doing 80-90% of my 5 RM chins on Monday? Do I really do just one set of heavy chins on Friday?

Greyskull lite

Tuesday

Press
Squats

Friday

Bench
Deadlift

I work a very physical job in construction. Would I be wasting my time following such an abbreviated program?

>that guy that wears basketball shorts to the gym.

kys my man

>You don't need a squat rack to squat.

what did she mean by this

n-no homo r-right?

Bump

BUMP
Trappy pls come back

A.
Flat Barbell Bench 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
T-Bar Row 3x10
Chin ups - 25 reps in as little sets possible
Leg Curls 3x12
Hanging leg raise 3x12
Plate twist
Plank 3x1

B.
Barbell Squat 3x5
Overhead Press 3x5
Parallel Bar Tricep Dip- 25 reps in as little sets possible
EZ-Bar Preacher Curl 3x10
Barbell Wrist Curls 3x10
Dumbell Shrug 3x20
Lateral Dumbell raise 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10
Seated Calf Raise machine 3x20

I feel like I'm all over the place. I want to hit my abs and chest more. suggestions? How to maximize gains with a 2 day split 4 days a week? Took a week off gym to recover from an elbow injury I want to start fresh this week.

5/3/1 BBB 3 month challenge or PPL for hypertrophy ?

I've beeb doing this routine for the past three months is it good? I'm cutting btw

This is one of the worst splits for natural lifters in my opinion. You're working chest, triceps and shoulders on A and B, working your back or biceps on A, B and C, and you're training 6 days per week.

Also, only doing 12 reps on everything has no extra benefit for muscle growth and will just keep you lifting light weights forever.

I'd say get a better split, train 3-5 days per week, and mix up the rep ranges between low and moderate. This alternation in volume/intensity of work will bring a lot more results when it comes to muscle growth, as your body won't just get used to the same type and level of daily stress - and the extra rest days and longer period of rest for each muscle group will allow them to spend less time being damage and more time growing bigger and getting stronger.
Remember the number one rule of training - working out is merely causing damage and stress, and making you weaker. You only adapt, grow and get stronger during rest.

W-what did he mean by this?

You might be squatting/deadlifting with bad form, or hyperextending your back too much during the OHP.
For the OHP, hinge at the hips and don't overdo it (if overdone you'll just start hinging at the lower back as well).
One thing I've found helps people who have bad bracing or have difficulty controlling the amount of arching in the OHP is simply wearing a belt. This doesn't mean belts make lifts safer (they don't), just that they physically help people limit their layback for the press.

If it's just muscle soreness, though, it's not a big deal. Use topical antiinflammatories if needed, and get lots of sleep, rest and food.

Sounds fine.

No.

Keep in mind exrx is outdated and straight up wrong about many things.
Still a great resource, but don't take everything there as truth.

I have written a few threads with info on biomechanics, you can find them on fitsticky.com/lifts

im sure some mentally ill retard knows better

Im having trouble with the grip on my back squat, I just can't seem to make sure my arms do not go under the bar, basically, while i descend, my arms (especially my left one roll under the bar so my wrist and elbow are under).

Also, I try to make sure my grip is good at the at the top while unpacking, but it seems almost like my arms are too long or something.

any advice?
also, physically speaking what do you find attractive in guys?

also adding toI've watched

youtube.com/watch?v=g2tyOLvArw0

my arms just don't want to move in the correct position and if they do, the bar moves around.

Hey Trappy,

Really interested in the sheiko templates. Would you ever recommend someone to jump on a sheiko routine after linear gains? so immediately going from a novice routine in to a sheiko routine?

Apparently. 1x5 barbell rows don't make much sense to me either

Yes, keep in mind you include your bodyweight when using %s for chinups.
Or just do bodyweight chins to AMRAP on monday.

See the "routine tips" on fitsticky.com/novice-programs

Don't stretch or do cardio as warmup for lifting.

Post vid of your squat from the back.
Put hands over the bar, and push it down while you tighten your lats. Don't keep the hands "behind" the bar.
Weight goes on your back, not on your arms.
Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=U5zrloYWwxw

If you wanna train for powerlifting, then yes.