I guess vexillology is a branch of humanities, so, why don't we have a flag thread? What are the best flags past...

I guess vexillology is a branch of humanities, so, why don't we have a flag thread? What are the best flags past, present and potential?

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Solid_flags
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nigga... who gives a fuck about flags when you got this?

Mexico might be an absolute shithole with some of the ugliest people in the world.

But, damn, they got a nice flag, the shape of their country is also elegant as fuck.

/int/ has a flag general

That...is a fucking terrible flag. Looks like it was drawn by a preschooler.

Not a weeaboo but I do like the aesthetics of the Imperial Japanese Army ensign desu

Too bad it's slightly off center along with the rest of the flags with a circle in the "middle".

Maybe the designer of the flag wanted to be avant-garde or something. I don't know why its designed that the circle is slightly off center. Maybe its the Army and it didn't want to use an exact circle like the IJA naval ensign had.

I don't know what to think of Australia and New Zealand's flags. I find the Union Jack endearing but at the same time it looks fucking awful. Using gommie Southern Cross also doesn't help.

Agree that their borders are aesthetic af

By far the best

>he doesn't know about the Liberian counties
Learn to flag

I'd heard that the reasoning for that was so it would look centered while waving in the wind.

The most beautiful flag

This has always been my favorite.

I've always liked this one

Japanese prefecture flags look like the faction selection screen in a contemporary space 4X game.

Don't know why, but red and black together are aesthetic af in flags. Such a shame they are so underused

Is there a special name for flags that are basically a symbol on a solid background?
Like these

as they should

wtf were they thinking

if only the background was black

proposed flag for a Austria-dominated world post WW1

the Maori flag is pretty aesthetic

Fuck no. Putting a seal on a flag is horrible.

It is. Same reason Bangladesh is off-center, the Nazis had a variation of the their flag that was like that as well. France's current naval ensign has its proportions altered for the same reason, the blue bar is thinner while the red is thicker.

what autism is this

You just haven't seen the right seals

Best flag coming through

more logo than flag

>an eagle is a seal

if cancer had a flag

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Solid_flags

/pol/stuff aside. I really like Canada's old flag, I feel it speaks more of the multitude of cultures and history that founded the country. It has the English, Scots, Irish and French represented on it.

But instead we have a flag with a leaf.

Bump for interest. Hong Kong had one of the best coat of arms IMO.

Best US state flag passing through

New Mexico's flag looks like it could pass as a Japanese prefecture flag. One hell of an upgrade from their previous but unofficial flag.

here's the Newfoundland's red ensign before it joined canada in '49

>muh broors
>red-skinned native american
>genie lamp
>religious symbol at the bottom right
why am I even replying to this bait

Yeah, laziness

That actually is the national seal of Mexico. Just add "united states of Mexico" underneath.

In a Japanese context, I believe the uni-colored symbols/coats of arms are called "mon"

What the hell is this? It looks like someone made it in paint in 5 minutes.

But what does it represent?

I've always liked how Estonia's flag looks. It's definitely one of the more unique tricolors out there

Well, at least they tried

Puerto Rico has some cool municipal flags

>Tricolor
>unique
They used black instead of red and have a slightly brighter shade of blue. Whoopdie fuckin' doo.

The Qing flag is unironically one of my favourite flags ever.

I wonder if the Qing flag was an inspiration for Bhutan's flag.

Dude that's great, what are you smoking?

>When Bhutan and Qing hold 5 of the 7 dragonballs.

Where are the other two?

Pic unrelated, it's the flag of my mothers home Feldkirchen in Karnten.

autism

t. triggered taig

my city's coat of arms, on our city flag so it fits i guess

>It has the English, Scots, Irish and French
well the founding diversity wasn't diverse enough and excludes the 6 million native tribes