QTDDTOT

Do different cuts of meat of the same animal have different protein content? Or it only matters if its lean muscle. Sorry for dumb question.
Questions that dont deserve their own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/the-leanest-and-fattiest-cuts-of-steak
talkobamato.me/synthesize.py?speech_key=30c92f8f351c1fc5ea59566da73e938d
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpnaRG8i-o4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

some parts of chicken have less protein IIRC

chicken breast has higher calories and protein than the leg

Have any info on beef?

Hi guys, Hank Hill, Strickland Propane.

It was my first day doing Greyskull and it was fun. Definitely felt it in my legs longer than my chest and back.

Anyway, I've heard to help work out your core because of the lack of exercises is to tighten it up when doing the lifts. Is that true?

yes different cuts have different amounts of protein & fat.
Sirloin and top round are pretty lean but tastier steaks like new york strip, ribeye, or t-bone are fattier so it does matter which part of the animal you eat.

So its all abut how lean it is? Thats the only think I have to look for to get the most amount of protein? Sorry for my stupid ass in advance

Are you retarded? The meat itself will have the same protein for any equivalent property. Different cuts will obviously have different protein contents, as they will have more fat, bone, or whatever.
Your sirloin beef and chicken breasts will be the most lean options for those animals. But yeah, you're a fucking idiot, and you should probably kill yourself. Maybe you should eat some more fatty cuts in order to nourish your faggot brain.

>property
*portion
And "meat" refers to the actual flesh

Some of the fattier cuts have the same amount of protein as the leaner ones. It depends how many calories you want, also fattier (tastier)
steak is usually crazy expensive and unless you can get it on sale it's not really worth it.
If you just want cheap protein I would go with top round steaks and boneless chicken breast.

>Some of the fattier cuts have the same amount of protein as the leaner ones.
Not if they're the same size, you fucking doofus

100g of top sirloin - 51.6g protein
100g T-bone 33g protein
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/the-leanest-and-fattiest-cuts-of-steak

S-So what was your point? You just proved me right?

pls no bully :(

My right shoulder blade sits lower than my left, leaving me looking tilted.
Pls halp how do i fix?

If you're going to work core do leg raises and ab wheels. Will help a lot more in your lifts

talkobamato.me/synthesize.py?speech_key=30c92f8f351c1fc5ea59566da73e938d

And this is safe to include in a begginer routine, right? I don't want my gains to be affected. Its a stupid question, but I just want to be sure.

Does running in moderation build leg muscles?

I drank a lot of coffee now I don't feel good. My chest hurts and I feel queasy. What should I do to fix this?

>Does using your leg muscles help build them/
Gee, I dunno.

You jabe scoliosis, see a doctor

wait 4 hours.. nothing you can really do about it.

eat a banana or other high potassium food

Would this work for a clever Tinder bio?

>using muscles builds them
Kek.
No progressive overload = no grow.

Dyel.
No need. Stomach vacuums if anything, if your braces are strong, even that is superfluous.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpnaRG8i-o4

Dont drink as much coffee next time.
I wouldnt count on it, but tinder sluts are easy as fuuuck

>but tinder sluts are easy as fuuuck
Tell me more, I've never used it.

>listening to roidheads for lifting advice
>shiggy

Chicken legs have more calories.

..you think eric helms isnt natty??
Show me a pic of him that looks like he is on gear.

We arent talking matt ogus or kinobody here.

P.s. I have nice ab definition without doing any ab isolations

Will this help me make more gains?
I'm thinking 3 sets of Reinhardt xF and and 3 sets of Mei xF.

Anyone have that infographic on the ultimate brined chicken breast? I think it was just water and salt but the technique was key, idk.

Idk but you should try velveting chicken.

Basically just soak it in baking soda water for like 20 mins, and it makes it have the spongy texture like what is in chinese food.

Shit's cash.

That sounds based, I'm going to try it. Thanks.

What's the difference between front and back squats? I'm doing back squats 2x a week and I'm wondering if I should swap one of them out for front squats. Will this be beneficial or should I just focus on one of them?

Pick one Veeky Forums

Gym membership.
You have to suck up your autism, anxiety and go in alone. All the gyms in the area are catered to middle aged fat woman trying to do spot reduction. You have to take the bus to the gym 3 times a week which would take about 3-4 hours for a single workout. Its only cheap if you buy a yearly membership which you can't cancel.

Homegym.
Initial investment is as expensive as a yearly gym membership. No need for your autism to show up to anybody. Equipment is right there in your home so a workout takes an hour tops. You don't get to make any friends. Moving out in a few years would be a problem with all the equipment you've bought. Nobody to show you proper form irl.

>If working out breaks your muscle fibers, and you need diet with protein to build it up, does that mean working out without enough protein actually makes you LOSE muscle

>what is overtraining
yes

>are you in a temp home/job
Gym membership

>do you not care about social interaction/get it elsewhere
Home gym

front squats need to be more upright, shift your knees forward more and place more stress on the quads, while using less weight

theres no real need to swap back for front unless doing so strategically (for a lighter squat session, for oly purposes)

to a certain (low) point, given you were inactive before.

Are light deadlifts any good as a lower back rehab exercise?

Depends on the particular back issue. They can be, but its dodgy enough ground that I wouldn't want to give any definite answers.

The pain feels in the right side of lower back, almost directly in the buttock or just above it. Nature of pain is very "deep" and radiates through right leg at times. I believe the issue is either ruptured disc or piriformis issue. Stretches only help for a moment. Doctor wouldn't know exactly what it was without MRI which I can't afford right now.

I think about doing light DLs today and see how they feel.

Oh and it's been 3 months like this so I don't believe it's muscular issue.

I wouldn't want to bet on deadlifts being good for that. I've heard a lot about the reverse hyper being good for that sort of thing but disc issues are something you really don't want to fuck around with.

check out limber 11 and work on lower back stability
there's no need to get an MRI because it will probably confirm what you say
if you have strength loss/incontinence it might be wise to see a doctor

I'm coming off a bulk and I've been on maintenance for like two days. My body fat is at 16% and I really want to get that to 12%. How soon is too soon to cut?
have a korean cartoon

Thanks for the advice. Limber 11 looks good and I'll definitely try it.

Are they counting the weight of the bone in that?
Because isn't a tbone just a top sirloin + a tenderloin

3xF mercy
I'm getting it soon hoping it's fun and gives me something to do when not lifting
Mercy is very obviously supposed to be sexy as fuck tall white blond aryan, desu I'm pretty mad that she is the healer because I don't like being a medic

Is it ok to start a program on a Sunday? All of them seem to start on Monday

Doesn't matter. I started mine on a Friday.

Is back/shoulder hair a big enough problem to warrant waxing/laser removal?

Thanks f a m

limber 11 is great, it got rid of my lower back pain and morning back stiffness I've been having for 2 years

chicken breast =less calories and more protein
chicken legs=more calories and less protein

anyone know some good hypertrophy routines for intermediates?

sticky only got strength based programs.

So, as a permapoor student, I wonder: is there any disadvantage to getting your protein from whey *instead* of meat?
Whey is cheaper than chicken breast, at least around here. Anything to consider?

I workout at home and have bicep curls in my routine, it was fine for a while but I eventually developed quite a sharp pain in my right forearm/wrist, so I bought an EZ curl bar as I was told it should take the strain away. At first it was fine and there was no pain but a few weeks later I started getting the same sharp pain again. Even if I lower the weight by half there is a still a small pain which seems to increase the heavier I go. Is this a case of bad form or too much weight too soon? What should I do?

What is this thing that I always see von moger using for curls and where can I get one?

looks like an ez bar to me

It's just a harness that simulates preacher curls

Yeah i know what it does but wanted to know if its an actual product or just some shit calum made because my shitty gym doesnt have anything for preachers and that thing looks pretty good

Oh vey, how many of these threads are there...?

Anyway. Asking here as well: I'm a noob, been going Greyskull for about two weeks now and also doing cardio and abs on off-days. Took measurements when I started and of course I haven't grown yet (I have losts about half an inch off my waist-line though), but when can I expect to see some results? I mean like ANY results, even if it's just my biceps growing with 0.5 cm, just ANYTHING to see that it's working.

Are you supposed to make protein smoothies on non-workout days?

Yes. Non-workout days are the days when the muscles are growing; that's the whole point of the rest day, to let the muscles grow. Giving them some extra building material (and energy) is just the thing to do.

Is eating unripe or non overly ripe fruit lower in sugar/carbs?

I do keto but it's summer and the lychees and passion fruit are now $1 a kilo in nguyen country. It's very hard to say no. :(. Pineapples 3 for a buck and so incredibly sweet.

Is it true that drinking black coffee during the fasting window will not reduce sensitivity to caffeine?
As opposed to drinking coffee after breaking the fast?

how would this even work? isn't tolerance neurological?

How many kcals/week do you add when you need to end a cut and go back to mainteinance?

So I found this on fitsticky. How do I progress in weighted dips, curls and lateral raises? Like everything else regarding upper body? Won't I hit the plateau too fast?

Go onto the routine general

The sticky on there has a texas method with accessories

I do 1 kg like all others. Suppose you could go with 0.5 kg. And hitting plateus and de-loading is part of the Greyskull approach, it's not a failure and you're not supposed to avoid them.

How much weight should I preferably gain during a 6-8 month "lean bulk" if I plan on having my weight that I cut to after every bulk at around 105kg?

I also never heard about it before, I just read it on kinobody:
"The key to doing this, of course, is to only drink coffee during the fasting window. Drinking coffee after breaking your fast will reduce sensitivity to caffeine."

I'm going to stay up tonight to watch Cavs - Warriors. Am I gonna lose all my gains if I only get 3 hours of sleep tonight?

Chicken livers have a surprising amount of protein too.

elbows hurts from going too ham on triceps on friday, i went to the gym saturday and today it's still hurting but not much as yesterday, should i skip tomorrow if the pain doesn't go away? it's not persistent tho, only when i extend my arms

I've been lifting for a year now. Do I have to bulk and cut to make significant gains or can I just maintain and still build muscle mass.

Elbow tendonitis you're fucked bro.

You need to start taking trippleflex every day. It works wonders.

You're supposed to hit .6 to 1 grams protein per KG every day. That's EVERY DAY.

Whether it comes from protein shakes or elsewhere is up to you.

so glad they stickied that.
First program I ever did and damn it was good. Ive changed to splits etc over past few years but I still miss my amrap sets

105kg after cutting from a lean bulk.

hope youve been on roids for 3 years or you are cooked off your chops mate

I bought an EZ curl bar on kijiji (supposed to be olympic size) and my spring collars don't quite fit on the ends. They just slide off. They fit perfectly on my normal barbell, so I don't think it's the collars. Would the expensive lockjaw collars work for this, or do they only tighten to the width of the normal olympic barbell? Any suggestions?

>you are cooked off your chops mate

calm down jim royle

This isn't about gains but I know this is also the heath board

This happens occasionally and started around last year.
Just had it happen again last night, I did stay up really late so that might have somethng to do with it.

Anyway, it's like a close cousin to sleep paralysis, but instead of being fully awake and unable to move, I'm dreaming.

But this isn't your normal "i'm stuck and I can't move" type dream.

First of all, it's not like sleep paralysis where your brain is sending signals to your arm or leg but it doesn't respond, it's like I have to SERIOUSLY STRUGGLE to formulate the thought to move, like I forget how to.

I would teeter totter between awake and asleep, where the cycle would be
>fall asleep
>dream for a second
>realize I can't formulate the thought to move or breathe
>panic
>realize i've done this a couple of times here
>after 1-10 seconds of mental struggle, move something
>dream gets blurry, mostly awake here, take a quick, frightened breath
>overwhelming urge to fall back asleep here
>forget what just happened
>repeat

This happened around 10-15 times before I broke the cycle by focusing all of my energy on punching the ceiling at my "most awake" stage and forcing myself awake.

I can't stress this enough, the feeling is like I didn't have the brain power to formulate the thought to move, like I was working off of bare minimum mental capacity

What could this be? Anyone else experience this? I'll answer any questions if you need me to (or are curious)

So, bullshit?

Want to start SS. I already own weights and a barbell. I don't have a squat rack and a bench. Besides that i don't have the space to store both of them so buying it is no option for me. I also don't want to go to the gym, at this moment.

Are there alternative exercises to the ones that require a squat rack or a bench?

when someone says they lift 3 plates, is that 3 plates both sides of the bar? or 1.5 sides both sides totalling 3?

beginner, pls no bully

post pic gearhead

Bumpy

I've been 3 months on a cut. Recently I started slowly adding kcals to get back to mainteinance, and I started feeling hungry as fuck. I was fine before. Why is that?

Totally a personal decision. I have some back hair, not a lot, and a Mangroomer works great for me. Surprisingly smooth.

On a 500 cal deficit for 3 months, and I am hungry af always, is there any non prescription med that can suppress my hunger? I am literally hungry the moment I finish eating, and my stomach growls all day long
Still 12kg away from the goal and need help

what do you eat? are you getting enough protein?

try and get more fiber if you don't get a lot already

How much was your deficit?

Hi Veeky Forums

I've been doing a PPLxPPLx routine for 6 weeks now, and I can not tell I've made aesthetic progress with certainty. I have made strength gains, is this necessarily a sign that my calory intake is sufficient or not ?

I'm eating 2700 at 164 pounds 6.0ft, and I've lifted for 6 months a year and a half ago, so i don't know if I'm elligible for noob gains.

Please advise any way you can

#pl8 on each side of the bar

You eating a lot of carbs? Consider a ketogenic diet.

What kind of knee brace would you reccomend for squatting?

I had knee surgery and I can squat without it but there is a little bit of pain. Don't want to take any risks.

At 1700~a day, mainly rice and chicken, rice with fried eggs and tomatoes, fish and veggies (salmon, tuna and others I don't know the name for in English) and oats for bf

One plate of rice a day, then oats for breakfast