So if I did a bunch of cardio yesterday and burned 4k calories, couldn't get to my TDEE + that...

So if I did a bunch of cardio yesterday and burned 4k calories, couldn't get to my TDEE + that, is there any value in going over my TDEE today?

What cardio would you be burning 4,000 calories with?

maybe he jump roped for ~7 hours kek

2/10

rode 80 miles on my bike yesterday

Fucking your mom

>So if I did a bunch of cardio yesterday and burned 4k calories

Probably not happening.

>is there any value in going over my TDEE today?

Yes, your weight loss/gain is more based on an average over the week.

You did not burn 4000 calories in a cardio session. I'd say maybe 2000 if u went for 2 hours doing sports or something but nah. Also to answer your question unless your bulking then there's no point in trying to go over

>Veeky Forums BTFO by someone who actually does sports

kek

alright, cool. thanks
Why would I lie about this I just had a legitimate question

to answer your queestion OP, yes, and you should in this case because you burned so many calories.

Think of your body as a machine. it requires a certain amount of oil to function a day just to be turned on. in this case, lets assume 2k oil is needed a day to keep this robot on. Now, in order for it to perform functions it also requires additional oil that allows the performance of those functions. This is your caloric intake. so, your body is burning 2k normally, and performed work that needed an additional 4k calories/oil. but you dint add it in, now the body can only work in certain ways, so while yes you have a reserve oil tank, it takes time for the body to convert the excess oil into functional oil so as a result must go after additional inside resources to increase the rate of the new reserve oil.

So you burned 6k calories, but only put in 4k of energy. this means your body had to make up for tha in some way, and its not efficient, nor ways you want as they could come at the cost of health. Thats why its not really recommended to cut so many calories.

also while riding that long, do you not have any idea about peri-workout carbs?

ITT: People think cardio is only done 20 minutes at a time

What is your goal, exactly?

Your body doesn't work on a 24 hour clock, so if you are in a deficit one day, a surplus the next, it evens out.

makes sense, thanks. by peri-workout do you mean stuff I eat while riding? I eat plenty while I ride, google is showing some type of pre/post workout stuff though, no clue about it then

training for a 100mi ride in august, I'm also trying to get n00b gainz at the gym which is why I'm interested in a surplus

are you the user who posted about riding his bike around the world with his gf?

no but I did post a thread a few days ago asking about how much calories I needed and people said the same thing about me not actually riding the distances I claimed

yes, by per- i mean while riding. carbohydrates, sodium, protein and as a rider you have great benefit in eating carbohydrates directly after a workout as cycling is one of the rare sports that can actually deplete glycogen stores and eating excessive carbs post workout have proven to increase the rate of glycogen replenishment. BCAAs would also benefit you, they have proven to have performance benefits for long distance sports and all you'd have to do is put it in your water/sports drink (sports drink im hoping)

yeah I usually stuff my face after a long ride. I'll look into the BCAAs in my drinks tho

alright man. you doing this for hobby, sport, competitively?

I'm on my university team but I just do it for hobby. I broke my leg a while back and this was my longest ride since

>So if I did a bunch of cardio yesterday and burned 4k calories

Post your routine? This would be like NFL/pro athlete level of training.

stop eating fatty

idk dude I rode 80 miles and at the end my heart rate monitor/speedometer read ~3800-4000 calories. that was my routine

I'm laughing my ass off the stupidity of this response.
Why would anyone bike so much ? What's the fucking point ? I'm sure you biked all those miles (if you even did, you shitposter) just to post this thread, fucking pathetic dude grow the fuck out.
Do you want permanent pain in your 50's ?
Get real dude.

>getting angry about someone doing cardio on a vietnamese fishing forum

Careful with calorie estimates from exercise software.

Strava has changed their calc for calories, and I think it is less accurate.
I looked up a similar ride of mine from 2 years ago ( 85 miles, 5 hr moving time, 3200ft of elevation) and both strava and garmin connect estimated it at ~2200 calories.

did a 3.5 hr ride friday, garmin said 1200 kcal, strava said 2300 kcal for the same ride.

I dont trust the strava estimate, and I would suspect that you only burned ~2000 calories.

as an athlete, read "racing weight" by matt fitzgerald, eat by hunger and appetite, and fuck counting calories